Results 1 to 13 of 151
January 22nd, 2007 #1
Last Man Standing 2 Final Round
Official Last Man Standing 2 Website and Match Index
271 initial contenders over 4 rounds of randomly paired mayhem. 396 new pieces of artwork. 1 winner. And not one 1-on-1 battle.
The Round Breakdown:
Round I: 271 initial contenders in 3 (one 4) man battles
Round II: 90 contenders in 3 man battles
Round III: 30 contenders in 6 man battles
Final Round IV: 5 contenders, one winner.
This is the grand finale, what you 5 have worked your way through 265 other competitors to get to. Blow our minds, ladies and gentlemen.
Some of the top industry talent this fine forum has to offer will be judging each round and deciding who advance to the next round. The match is a final 5 man battle so the scoring will be a bit different this time. The voting will be a point system; 6 points for 1st place, 4 for 2nd, and 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th, 1 for 5th.
Judges for Round Four:
Dan Dos Santos
more to come...
On to the big show.
Last edited by strych9ine; January 23rd, 2007 at 10:28 AM.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberJanuary 22nd, 2007 #2
Entry 01: Nicolas
January 22nd, 2007 #3
Shelly Wan's Entry
Entry 02: Shelly Wan
January 22nd, 2007 #4
Entry 03: Icon
January 22nd, 2007 #5
Entry 04: Vyle
January 22nd, 2007 #6
Entry 05: Poshspice
January 22nd, 2007 #7
It's been a long, crazy ride ladies and gentlemen. It's amazing to me how dedicated you've all been to producing such phenomenal work for a dome started just for fun.
To everyone that was a part of this dome and especially to you last 5 domers here in the final round, thanks for making this the hell of a dome it turned out to be.
I'll work on finalizing judges for this all important round, so until then hold tight. Congrats on making the final round.
January 22nd, 2007 #8
January 22nd, 2007 #9
January 22nd, 2007 #10
excellent work guys
January 22nd, 2007 #11
January 22nd, 2007 #12
I get the feeling that nobody wanted to do the obvious, so the powerful, blood and thunder stuff I thought I might see isn't here. None the less, it's all amazing work.
Nicolas - Great character design and rendering
Shelly - The most beautiful piece here, and the best composition
Icon - Beautiful lighting, and I love the framing with the tentacles
Vyle - Great feel and emotion, you really get a sence of Don Quixote's madness here and how he sees the world
Posh - Hilarious play on 'Charge' perfectly done as always. The guys at Mad Magazine need you desperately
January 22nd, 2007 #13
I love them all!
- Nicolas: Great palette and typography. Nice subtle rainbow happening with the sketchy army.
- Shelley Wan: Magnificent composition and rendering, another great palette. I'm intrigued by the shape - it almost looks like the image could wrap around a vase or similar, perspective notwithstanding.
- Icon(ophobian): Great water, interesting light source. It looks like a lot of thought went into the sweeping curves of the image. I love the way the image is framed in the corners by tentacles.
- Vyle: Insane textures and values, very contrasty image but it works well. Instantly recognisable brush style. Nice discreet skull windmill.
- Poshspice: Best interpretation of topic. Trademark rendering, good values and good illumination from unconventional light sources. Couldn't help but notice that her hair is electrified and her hairspray is flammable...
Last edited by Snarfevs; January 22nd, 2007 at 09:51 PM.