271 initial contenders over 4 rounds of randomly paired mayhem. 396 new pieces of artwork. 1 winner. And not one 1-on-1 battle.
The Round Breakdown:
Round I: 271 initial contenders in 3 (one 4) man battles
Round II: 90 contenders in 3 man battles
Round III: 30 contenders in 6 man battles
Final Round IV: 5 contenders, one winner.
This is the grand finale, what you 5 have worked your way through 265 other competitors to get to. Blow our minds, ladies and gentlemen.
Some of the top industry talent this fine forum has to offer will be judging each round and deciding who advance to the next round. The match is a final 5 man battle so the scoring will be a bit different this time. The voting will be a point system; 6 points for 1st place, 4 for 2nd, and 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th, 1 for 5th.
Judges for Round Four:
Dan Dos Santos
Irene Gallo more to come...
On to the big show.
Last edited by strych9ine; January 23rd, 2007 at 10:28 AM.
I get the feeling that nobody wanted to do the obvious, so the powerful, blood and thunder stuff I thought I might see isn't here. None the less, it's all amazing work.
Nicolas - Great character design and rendering
Shelly - The most beautiful piece here, and the best composition
Icon - Beautiful lighting, and I love the framing with the tentacles
Vyle - Great feel and emotion, you really get a sence of Don Quixote's madness here and how he sees the world
Posh - Hilarious play on 'Charge' perfectly done as always. The guys at Mad Magazine need you desperately
- Nicolas: Great palette and typography. Nice subtle rainbow happening with the sketchy army.
- Shelley Wan: Magnificent composition and rendering, another great palette. I'm intrigued by the shape - it almost looks like the image could wrap around a vase or similar, perspective notwithstanding.
- Icon(ophobian): Great water, interesting light source. It looks like a lot of thought went into the sweeping curves of the image. I love the way the image is framed in the corners by tentacles.
- Vyle: Insane textures and values, very contrasty image but it works well. Instantly recognisable brush style. Nice discreet skull windmill.
- Poshspice: Best interpretation of topic. Trademark rendering, good values and good illumination from unconventional light sources. Couldn't help but notice that her hair is electrified and her hairspray is flammable...
Last edited by Snarfevs; January 22nd, 2007 at 09:51 PM.