Sketchbook: -QUID PRO QUO- - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: -QUID PRO QUO-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that zbrush head sculpt is really cool, id love to see more (touching them up and colorizing them could be interesting too, check out "Chuck, mate"'s work )

that technique you used on the last one suits the pencils really well, gotta share how you did that, n try it again

nice stuff here, keep postin' please

ciao

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one... Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, it's been a while, thanks for stopping by my SB even after such long time. Since it's been some time, post what you have been up to, so we can see the progress you have made so far. Don't worry about posting bad or good drawings, any drawings serves a learning experience and anyone can give you pointers on specific things you want to improve.

Once said that, the portrait color palette is a nice one though the nose seems to be too close to the right eye than in the middle. As a general advice on faces, they are difficult but always be critical in measuring proportions since a small error in spacing may result in losing a great amount of similarity on the face.

The alien head one has nice texture on it. You could push a little bit more the values, like make the darks darker and some highlights.

Hope I am not being hard or anything, just trying to help. Still hope you keep updating around here, it will be nice to see more of your 3d work.

P.D: I will answer your question of the Mudbox vs Zbrush thing on my thread when I updated. I am with you on that one

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Abo, Thanks for posting man, you works in animation are amazing, and so are your illustrations. I didn't get your critique very well (it's the english), but I think that you feel that this sort of crown of the monster is not casting the right shadow into the neck, is that it? If someone could explain me this a little, it would be great.

Gnoll, I checked that guy out. He's great, I have made some polypainting experiments of my own, maybe I'll post some in the future. Thanks a lot for stopping by (it's a great honor). About the technique, nothing fancy, I just put my pencils above the layer that I was using to paint, and then, the more I keep progressing with the painting, the more I would lower the opacity. I saw that in a tutorial from digital art tutorials.

Andrés, thanks for the support man. And please keep your critiques coming, they help me a lot.
    About me not posting, it's because of the faculty, I'm studing literature, (beginning actually), so I draw on the books a lot, and I make the best in the benches while in class, so most of it I can't bring home.
    Sill the more I'm doing is not very funny, most of all practicing on my pencil techniques.

You're right about posting everything even if it's not good, here I go, human body studies (not proud of them):

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lennon; November 25th, 2007 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I must get a different texture for the background, it's getting boring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had left this one behind, and today I get back to it. It's not finish, and there are some lights not matching, as I still am not very sure on the lighting directions and the background. I didn't worked out the building yet.
    I know that it's a strange sky, but the idea was something apocaliptic, so there it is

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love your figures lennon, really nice. lots of character in them and movement. Its good that u can draw figures in so many different postitions. IM jealous! Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hadn't posted any buildings, I'm most of all focusing in the human body for now, anyway, I was bored and I did this house, and then I made an interior. Didn't followed the perspective, not that it matters much in this type of cartoon, but the distortion should have some concept behind that makes it cooler. Ok, no more excuses...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some sweet stuff here. Im most impressed with your 3d pieces.

here is the link to the site that I think you were talking about in my sb.

posemaniacs

OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    me gustan tus estudios de la figura humana! bastante trabajo.. me diste ganas de ponerme a practicar eso desde ya! sobre tus trabajos más coloreados y completos, me gusta el hecho de que utilices los conceptos de iluminación bastante bien en tus figuras... quisiera ver que les aplicaras tambien en los entornos de los personajes... también... pienso que deberías practicar la perspectiva... de ahi todo bien! sigue en la onda de practica, todo comienza de poco a poco, y por la calidad de cosas que has puesto, pienso que llegarás bastante lejos!

saludos,

att,
    GRINGO

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Buenas! me gusta mucho los estudios de figuras,
    y la criatura cuello largo tentaculosa esta muy buena , me gustaria ver mas en esa onda,
    Un saludo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    buenos estudios de figura humana, ademas quedan muy bien asi presentados y con esos ligeros tonos.

Me gusto mucho tambien el del 20 de noviembre, que ahora tienes de avatar, te quedo con un buen acabado, y una textura y volumen geniales.

Hay que seguir asi!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your strongest point seems to be in figures, thats good man!! very good.. And I'd like to see more 3d renders from you, they seem to be interesting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    che vecino,jeje, gracias por la visita....veo cosas interesantes por aqui, buen gladiador por ejemplo, sigue dibujando y posteando!

"dear diary:..jackpot" my sketchbook

team chow

thek is offline climbing the shoulders of giants Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Would love to see more of your Zbrush work, it's really really good! Your latest figure studies as well I was really impressed with, it's a shame that your perspective is letting you down a bit at the moment. I guess you're already spending every day drawing boxes and cubes though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those little figure studies are great man, I reckon that'll really assist your learning... might have to do some myself

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks for the comment! I appreciate it! You have some very nice work as well! The 3d render is looking nice! keep pushing it!

My Sketchbook

Life is a long lesson in humility.

Alex Baer is offline Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey lennon, thanks for commenting in my sketchbook, you have some nice figure study thumbnails here, but i noticed that most of your characters sketches lack the energy and life of your studies... they seem too relaxed or stiff, you should put some more action and tension in their poses. hope that helps man, cheers.

My Sketchbook

Soldiers/Mercenaries SB

"Ooh! Now that's good work! The skulls... the bodies... you give it all such a glow! I don't know if it's art, but I like it!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nothing fancy is the super-archi-known goblin. I never had any cat nor dog, so I 'm kind of attached on making virtual pets. "Robinhobgoblin" I think I'll call him... ("Robin Goodfellow" would be to obvious even for this huge stereotype).
    I just made some polypainting, nothing fancy, I just was making this so I could send it to maya and make the experiment of rendering this with fasts-skin-shader, and then tryout some animation.
    Will try that later though.
    I know what you people are thinking, that he's kind of smiling and won't work for animation. Well actually I have one without expression, and the TOPOLOGY is right, but I want to try an animation trough targets. I noticed that this Zbrush sculptures are easily changed to a good number of facial expressions, so I'll make a few (have done three at the moment).

PS: I'm not uploading much because what I'm learning is about boring programs and not the fun art parts, so excuse me for my crappy robin-hobgoblin. At the moment I'm trying to figure out the Image based modelling stuff, and trying to catch up with all the things this Paul Devebec guy has discovered. If you don't know him, go to his website, the future is there.
    I'll answer in a moment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dsg:Thanks very much, don't believe you that about being jealous but thanks for the support. Your SB is evolving very fast, you'll get very far.

OBX:Thanks for the tip man, I watched the link, and tried drawing some of this virtual models. It's great, very good for learning. If I can, I'll post some of the drawings I made.

Gringoloco : Cool viejo, le voy a dar duro y parejo a eso de los fondos, lo que pasa es que todavía tengo muchas fallas en la figura humana. Gracias por los consejos, espero verte en el foro de habla hispana que está armando joiton.

Joiton : En una de esas con esto último te pueda complacer? A mi también me copan los monstruos, así que van a haber muchos más.

Favila : Es cierto, creo que sin la presentación esas figuras morían un poco, así por lo menos practicaba un poco con el volumen y le daba un poco de onda. Gracias por pasarte.

Jokisalo: I'll try to render this Zbrush sculpture with mental ray fast-skin-shader, let's see what happen. Your SB is starting in a fantastic way, I hope I'll see more.

Dan Valkar: Gracias viejo en cualquier momento te visito de nuevo.

thek: More Zbrush for you (I hope I'm not letting you down with this old clich&#233. And yes, I'm drawing boxes, best exercise ever. I'll do more after writing this post.

Tim Gibson: Even Da Vinci could still use some figure drawings. Thanks for the kind words.

stalsby (The master of pencils), I'll keep pushing.

Dabaers: It helps a lot. Actually the gladiator and the creature drawing are older than the figures, just the painting is new. In future works I'll try to use a better base drawing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, pretty nice stuff in here
    really glad to see those small figure studies and poses, i've seen proof that they really help!
    your 3d stuff is awesome too
    keep going with those studies man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Buenas buenas,
    Muy bueno el goblin che, yo tuve mi epoca de 3D hace unos años, es un area muy interesante, pero me parecio demasiado tecnica y necesaria de una buena paciencia asi que me fui alejando de a poco, quizas algun dia vuelva quein sabe.
    La textura esta muy bien lograda, y la anatomia aunque exagerada se ve muy coherente.
    Solo dos cosas, una es sobre el detalle en los ojos la boca y las orejas, les falta un poco de trabajo, se nota el uso de herramientas de stretch o defomacion, no tienen el mismo nivel de credibilidad que el resto de la anatomia.
    La otra es la parte de atras del cuello, donde se curva hacia a delante, se ve un poco plano, es como que pierde el volumen anatomico y le hace perder el realismo que el resto del modelo tiene.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for posting in my sketchbook, you have some really nice studies. I especially love those heads in zbursh. On your gladiator in the post apocaliptic setting. the colors are looking good, i jsut wish the figure was in a more interesting pose, right now he kinda looks like a cardboard cut-out. keep drawing man, your stuff is looking good.

Blog: My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hiya lennon ,
    gotta say these gestures looking great.
    clark kent?? LOL! nice name for that ugly bastard pretty well done. u just recently started u said with this z brush programm and learning it by urself?
    more of these gesturez pleeeze!

aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Adding a few stuff. Not to much detail in the subtools tough.

Last edited by lennon; December 13th, 2007 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tu 3d es asombroso.... deberías abrirte un curso introductorio de zbrush3en el foro de los Mentores.YOU SHOULD OPEN AN INTRO TO ZBRUSH3 COURSE IN THE Mentorship forums... I would kill to enter it! or maybe something else hahah

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll answer in my next post, here I'll only answer to Gringoloco.
    De todas formas Gringoloco, no sé bien como funciona eso de los mentores, pero no creo que pudiera hacer un thread muy largo si pusiera todo lo que sé. La verdad es que sería medio un papelón si viene alguien que sabe. En cualquier caso lo que quieras saber preguntámelo sin ningún problema.
    Por las dudas te dejo más o menos el proceso que uso, que de paso me sirve para hacerme un resumen yo mismo en mi cabeza (así de simple es que entra en un espacio tan chico):
    0-El modelo de base: Primero uso un modelo de baja resolución de base (pueden ser los que vienen con zbrush, uno que hagas con zesferas, uno que hayas hecho con maya, o uno que saques de una galería, si estás usando mudbox podés bajar uno de la página de zbrush). No empieces de cero con un círculo porque sino no se va a animar bien.
    1- Para esculpir: Le doy a Divide (en Geometry) 5 veces para tener detalle y nunca bajo de nivel. Uso MOVE BRUSH casi únicamente para esculpir la forma, digamos la cara completamente lisa. Esto es clave, si usas Standar u otro vas a ver que es un quilombo, y que cada dos por tres tenés que alizar todo. Yo sólo uso Move y (a veces smooth, sobretodo al principio si estoy usando una cara que ya viene con algunos razgos marcados) rara vez magnify, o pinch, o alguno de esos, pero muy rara vez). El único truco con el move, es ponerlo casi al taco, y girar mucho la visión de frente y perfil. También uso simetría en Y por supuesto. Para ponerla tenés que apretar "Y".
    2-La Textura de la piel (forma, no color): Una vez que la cara del bicho está completa, y la forma está bien, hago un layer y le tiro la textura de la piel (o lo que sea el material que esté imitando). Para eso vas cambiando los Alphas con Standar brush, en ese modo que tiene un logo de un cuadradito con una flechita. Apretas y arrastrás, y vas a ver que el cuadrado se agranda sobre la superficie. Si quiero invertir el alpha apreto ZSUB. También podés crear tus propios alpha. Además, si ponés import, vas a ver que hay una carpeta dentre de zbrush que son una galería de . Tiene alphas especialmente creados para hacer la piel. No sé porque no los pusieron directamente con los otros. Este paso es facilícimo.
    3-Accesorios -subtools: Si le quiero poner un gorrito, ojos, dientes, o cosas por el estilo, los tengo que hacer por separado (en zbrush), y con mi modelo de base, digamos el monstruo, voy al menú SUBTOOL y apreto APPEND, y queda añadida, podés verla en un menú que hay, y tiene un ojo para que la hagas visible o invisible. Podés seguir esculpiendola una vez que la "appendiste" (que bestia), sólo tenés que elegirla en ese menú (el de subtool).
    Para hacer las diferentes subtools, a veces necesitas figuras geometricas simples, y cosas así. Para eso, viene muy bien el menú DEFORM, también si es un poligono básico, antes de convertirlo en 3d podés modificarlo con "initialize". Otra cosa es que se pueden añadir Zesféras como subtool.
    4-Para hacer las ropas como en esta imagen que adjunto, y que te queden separadas como subtools, lo que tenés que hacer es enmáscarar una parte del cuerpo.
    Cómo enmáscarar?: Por ejemplo apreto SHIFT para centrar el modelo en la pantalla, después tengo mantenido el CTRL y arrastro. Esto me permite hacer un recuadro que encierre todo menos los piés (por ejemplo para hacer las botas). Otra forma es tener apretado CTRL y pintar sobre el objeto. Si querés invertir la selección lo podés hacer desde el menú de MÁSCARAS o apretando CTRL y cualquier lado de la pantalla. Para eliminar la selección hacés CTRL y un recuadro en el aire. También podés hacer máscaras con un alfa, por cavidad, ponerles blur, etc.
    Bueno, en fin, seleccionás la parte del cuerpo, creas un nuevo layer y lo elegís, vas a DEFORM, y en SIZE le das un poquito para arriba. Esto va a hacer que en el layer la parte enmáscarada se agrande. Ahora apagás el layer y lo volvés a prender, o sea, tocas en el ojo dos veces (no es joda, lo que pasa es que tiene que cargar algo, no sé bien). Bueno, lo que queda es apretar LAYER>MAKE 3D. Esto va a hacer una nueva subtool, según lo que haya de diferente entre el modelo original y el layer. El resultado va va a sobresalir un poco. Elegís cuanto querés que sobresalga en un menú que está junto a MAKE 3D, que es el de THICK. No le pongas más de 0.5. También tenés al lado E.smt o algo así que es EDGE SMOOTHNESS, o sea la suavidad del borde, pero tené cuidado con este, porque me parece que es muy sensible o algo así.
    Ahora, te quedó la "ropa" por separado como una subtool, es decir que se la podés sacar y poner. Ya podés borrar el layer que creaste. Podés moldear lo que te quedo un poco con move brush, darle con smooth brush para que no siga tanto las líneas del cuerpo, etc. También podés usar el layer brush, que pinta en una sóla capa para ponerle las costuras del pantalón y los bolsillos del jean por ejemplo. Después aplicás texturas igual que antes usando los alpha, también podes usar un poco el standar brush o uno de esos para hacer arrugas.
    Fijate que con esta técnica, si la máscara la hacés con el ALPHA, y usas no sé, por ejemplo un alpha de líneas paralelas cruzadas sobre el torso del tipo, lo que te va a quedar es como una remera en forma de red, lo que de otra forma hubiera sido un re laburo. También podés no enmascarar nada y con el layer prendido esculpirle directamente un buzo o algo así, después el buzo va a ser la diferencia entre el layer y el modelo (eso sí, poné thickness en 0, sino te lo va a agrandar).

5-Otra cosa, si vas a pintar pone fill object con lo que te parezca que va bien de base, y en vez de usar el pincel, usa los alphas como cuando hechabas el detalle de la textura. No te olvides que tenés que quitar el Zadd, salvo que quieras añadir profundidad y color, sino, sólo RGB (MRGB pinta también el material, pero esos materiales de zbrush no se pueden usar en maya, así que si vas a pintar hacelo sobre el fastshader blanco (que es bien feo)) También podés usar mask by cavity en el menú de máscaras para que te seleccione todos los positos de la piel, y pintarlos un poquito más oscuros. Podés también proyectar las texturas enteras (eligiendo una de la paleta de texturas). Está también la técnica de proyectar detalle o color con la brocha zproject, pero yo casi nunca la uso. Proyecta ya sea de otra escultura, o de una foto.

-Ahora estuve aprendiendo un par de cosas nuevas para posar al personaje, para multiplicarlo (si querés hacer varios chabones), y otras cosas por el estilo. También como deformar un cuerpo sin que se afecten por ejemplo las manos o los piés (como en el jpg. que adjunto), pero todavía no me cierra.
    Hay un par de cuestiones X como por ejemplo como exportar las cosas a otra aplicación, como manejar los UVs (yo uso AUVTiles y coloreo todo sin photoshop), y esos temas absoultamente funcionales para usar al modelo en otra aplicación que no estoy poniendo acá, pero tampoco aparecen en las imagenes que colgué.

--->Es más o menos el mejor método que encontré hasta ahora.

PS: La verdad es prácticamente todo lo que sé, no vi en tu thread ningún laburo de 3d así que no tenía idea que cosas sabías y que no. Si querés que te explique algo en particular decime.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to lennon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not very good, but what I was really learning was how to make the cloth and the subtools. Making a good sculpture wasn't the objective!. I just put the guy on a different material, nothing more. Perhaps I'll work it out later, and put some detail in the body.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow! ...love the concepts and the ZiBrush ones!!!

keep it up

Creatinity is offline Dude!? None of this IS cool... Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dont know anything about Zbrush but you seem to do wonderful thing with it...
    But how about sculpting beautiful women instead of ugly trolls? just kidding...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very inspiring! Your figure studies are exceptional I think, like them a lot. You have a flow in those that I never achieve :|

Oh and thanks for stopping by my sb too!

Cheers,

Lelle

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 68