Partisan Wastelands Sunset

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Last daylight hours in the wastelands. A rebel fighter sits and glares at the edificial objectifcation of the occupation, and therefore everything she hates.

It's also her next target.

There's a couple things that still don't feel completely right.

--The rocks she's crouching on are supposed to be a level area. They feel like they're sloping down under the camera, and I think it's lighting related.

--The crouched down and hunched over posture she has gave me the business. It's a significantly foreshortened pose, and combined with the weight she's supporting by leaning on the rifle, it took me several tries even with a so-so photo reference (I'm larger and I've got the wrong pelvis for it).

I really like the way the sunset turned out, though.

Opinions and ideas?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The silhouette of your crouching figure looks good although I fear you aren't sure of her anatomy(trust me, that will come back to bite you in the ass).

The depth is not working and I believe it's because of the colours....that building and the ground it resides on should be cooler in colour since it is far in the distance.

The rocks bug me...especially the one that breaks the horizon line. I can understand your temptation to do that but I think it interferes with the idea of being on level ground(at least, the way you've represented it).

I really do like your sunest(nice touch with the clouds in front) and I also like the way you handled the water. Hopefully you'll give some more time to the way it reaches the sand though.

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hopefully you'll give some more time to the way it reaches the sand though.
    Strangely, that was one of the parts I was happy with. The coast isn't sandy beach as much as it is a rocky, dusty drop.

Any chance you could make a quick example of the color change you mentioned? I tried a couple of gradients and painted overlays and didn't get anywhere.

As far as I understand it, blood-red sunsets like the one I'm trying to depict throw a monkey-wrench in atmospheric perspective. Since the exagerated distance and extra medium (air) the light is traveling through thin the light down to the low-wavelength red spectrum--which is what helps create the sunset in the first place--the blue shift of atmo perspective doesn't seem like it would come into play, since those wavelengths are largely filtered out.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.