Any and all crits appreciated. :)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Been a long while since I've posted any art here. Life has been horribly hectic and left me little time to do painting and suchlike in.

Anyway, I managed to get my tablet working on this shitty computer tonight, and had a bit of a doodle. This isn't nearly nice enough to be called 'finished!', but not really unfinished enough to be work in progress either...

It's a little weird, but I'd love to hear what you think. Crits particularly on how to improve skintones and detailing would be appreciated. I'm working in Open Canvas atm, and my skintones have this awful habit of coming out very muddy and grey.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, I like that you went with the really long neck. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.
    I think the arm that's holding the umbrella needs some work. The shape of the lower arm is not quite convincing, and the hand is not very clear.
    The dress looks great, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *nods* Thank you, Emily - most appreciated! I agree with you, the arm seems a bit... lifeless, more of a tube than an arm below the elbow. Obviously, I extended the forearm to be longer than natural (along with a lot of other odd proportions in this one) - but it's come off looking like it has no bones, or something, now I look at it again.

Arms are always something I've struggled with. Need more practice, I think! Thanks again!

Members who have read this thread: 1