Kick My Ass Please!!!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kick My Ass Please!!!

I did some Characters Sketches for a independent computergame what Im workin on with some friends...would be nice if u can tell me what u think...and give me some good advice and critiques...just kick my ass..make me cry ...please!!!

Attached Images Attached Images      
    My Sketchbook

www.ismilealot.com
    My Blogg and Homepage
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heyhey, those are nice, cool armor details. But you should work on your shading - they are lacking of some contrast, especially real dark and bright parts. Apart
    Oh, and the first one looks unbalanced, like fallin on his nose every sec
    Apart from that I like em

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    yep agreed on that, they lack a bit of contrast. Maybe you can also play with differences in line thickness. Also, everything has the same amount of shading which makes the whole look a bit flat somehow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On the second one, the shape of his right shoulder and upper arm gets a little lost somehow.

Nathan's Journal

http://sabrepunk.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's important when we draw from our imaginations that we don't get caught up in the details before establishing a solid foundation for the characters we're creating. This is especially important when drawing anything with human-like anatomy. We see people everyday, we know what they look like and can't be convinced otherwise. There are rules that can be bent in creating creatures and characters but you always have to remember not to break them altogether otherwise you'll lose the viewer's suspension of disbelief. It's important when drawing a character that you can establish a center of gravity. Otherwise your character won't be able to walk or stand upright without bangin' his nose on the floor.
    It's our job as an artist to make the viewer believe this character exists or could possibly exist. Establishing a solid pose, (not in the static, stiff sense) for the figure is an essential part of the illusion. I've done some draw overs on your characters to try and give you an idea of how to be more convincing with your poses. When drawing your characters, try and loosen up, don't get caught in all the little details. Try and draw your characters basic proportions without, their armor, or clothing to establish that solid foundation. You can start adding the clothing and armor after you've established your solid pose. And it will be easier because you will be in the mindset of developing and fleshing your character out as a whole and not just a fist here or a boot there. I hope this helps you out some. Good luck!
    Kick My Ass Please!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First sorry for the late reply i was little bit busy wit school! But thanks a lot!

@Nuki ur damn right! My shading and my understandig is so bad!
    But I will change it and get the best out of as i can!
    Yeah...i tried to give the first one little bit more of weight...
    but..i failed..shit...try to change that too!

@yoitisi!
    thanx dude! You're both right about my shanding! I will change that and practice a lot!!

@nathanlong
    You're right...the deltoid is little bit to much in the front and the upper arm and lower arm seems too be to short...
    but knowledge about anatomy! I will fix that!
    Thanx a lot for seen that!

@Ostrander!!
    OH man! that's really kind of you paint over my stuff! Help me see in in a better way! I really did draw i human like figur before i put all the details on it...but...im not good at it yet!! More practice!!
    Looks like I have to draw them all again...once =) cause the paper of my sketchbook isnt really good for earasing...=)!
    Thanx so much for ur post! Will help me a lot!!

My Sketchbook

www.ismilealot.com
    My Blogg and Homepage

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just my 2 cents here. Try and give them more of a theme. You look at a lot of game characters and you can tell what they are. Like if they cast magic they have long robes or if they a fighter they got a weapon and look all big and ruff. I look at these guys and I'm having trouble placing what it is that they would do.

Example, the first picture looks like he's a fighter, but it's unclear how he might fight. I would assume that he would use his fist, I think to help get this idea across give him something like really padding on his knuckles. Show something that would indicate thats what he uses to fight you know.

Anyways, something you might wanna think about.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not feeling it from the pictures even though they are fine, upping the contrast will help and perhaps making htem "tighter" will give it more of a feeling of strength and tension? Your lines have a really "roundish" , "soft" feel, try making them look "harder" and more "masculine", maybe with harder , straighter lines?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another thing you can try is to indicate the light source with your line quality as well...decide where the light is coming from and make the opposite side of the figure have darker lines.

I like everything you've drawn so far! I would Love to see some more illustrations of the arm of the second figure to better explain it.

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.