Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

Finished

Damn!

I finished it!
    Last edited by Eric Gerhard; February 18th, 2009 at 05:02 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i definitely like your acrylic paintings.
    great studies as well.
    keep it up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Giow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Snow warrior

I'm making now this warrior who is walking his dangerous path beyond a forest during the morning. I'll try to make something that builds the idea that he had a very hard night.

Thanks

Finished

Hi Guys!

Finally finished!

The acrylics I've been doing for weeks!

On the skirts, I didn't paint any jeans, I cut the jeans and pasted it on the board.

Hope you like it!

Thanks
    Hi, I came over to take a look :-) Thank you for your kind words in my thread. Acrylics can be a pain, but I also love many qualities, the fact that it dries so fast and is so clean, for example. Oil is giving me headaches, in the literal and figurative sense.
    I really like what you are doing with the ver clear colour, the bright reds and so on. the light is amazing. do you have more work to share? I have an upcoming exhibition too.
    I like your blog btw-
    Last edited by Uli; March 11th, 2009 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks

More Acrylics

Here is another painting I'm develping. Hope you like it.

Uli - thanks a lot for your kind words... let's talking more on this subject.
    I hope I've been helpful.

Thanks
    your color and lighting work is very good! Nice contrasts, and I love the ocean picture, feels very fleeting.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to carakhan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinMint View Post
    your color and lighting work is very good! Nice contrasts, and I love the ocean picture, feels very fleeting.
    Thanks ThinMint! I try to focus my work on impressionist. If you like my colors it means I'm learning a little bit from them.

Thanks
    I agree about the lighting. The transparent shawl is nice too.
    what ground are you painting on? I have tried watercolour paper, oil painting paper and canvas.
    I liked the papers best, canvas is sucking up (word) the colour too much. But I still haven't found the ideal medium. What do you think?
    Are you using painting mediums?

Thanks

Study

Every thrusdays I go to Cláudio Valério's atelier in Niterói (my city) in the state of Rio de Janeiro, to make nude studies.

Thaís is the girl who poses for us. Some very talented artists go there to study too, so this is a very good moment for me to reflect upon my work.

This was a 4 hours pose. Very difficult perspective. I'm trying to push harder on these types of view.

Hope you like it. Next week, I'll bring one more.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Gerhard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Shit. I've just ordered a basic acrylic set to get started with. I'm rather terrified by the whole idea and you're certainly not helping, haha. Your traditional stuff is superb - particularly the circular acrylic piece and your last figure study. Your digital stuff is not as confident - maybe you are new to the medium? I would like to see you push one digital piece as much as you can. I have a different problem. I have become slack due to digital painting - hence the horror of awaiting my acrylics.

Hope to see more.
    "You have a taste for drawing - I trust it will improve." - Melmoth, The Wanderer

Sketchbook
    Blog

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Munin Raven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Munin Raven View Post
    Shit. I've just ordered a basic acrylic set to get started with. I'm rather terrified by the whole idea and you're certainly not helping, haha. Your traditional stuff is superb - particularly the circular acrylic piece and your last figure study. Your digital stuff is not as confident - maybe you are new to the medium? I would like to see you push one digital piece as much as you can. I have a different problem. I have become slack due to digital painting - hence the horror of awaiting my acrylics.

Hope to see more.
    How nice of you to drop by, buddy! To tell you the truth I work with digital painting during some time.... maybe more than my acrylics, if you can believe that, hahaha! But one thing you can be sure, I'm far from pushing sth digital hard in this SB.... if you take a look at my blog you'll be able to see more digital stuff. Here I try to focus more on traditional stuff... but as soon as I make sth digital I'll show here.... The only two things I'm made here with some sort of attention was that purple demon in the forest, the pig face.... and the warrior in the swamp...

Thanks a lot for having a look on my stuff.... You're very talented. Cheers!

Thanks
    hey there, nice job on those acrylics, and i'm in love with the pighead monster, it would be nice to see the whole body. The last pose as some issues with proportions in my opinion, the head and the arms just dont looks right, or maybe its a problem with the shadows on the lower arm, i cant really point out whats bothering me, but if you look at the whole figure i think you will agree with me that there is something wrong going on. The second portrait of your wife on your blog is awesome. Keep it up

19. The Following User Says Thank You to G@m For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here is a second piece that follows my exhibition at the end of the year. This piece is 1X1meters and was fully done also in acrylics. Canvas was the base.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G@m View Post
    hey there, nice job on those acrylics, and i'm in love with the pighead monster, it would be nice to see the whole body. The last pose as some issues with proportions in my opinion, the head and the arms just dont looks right, or maybe its a problem with the shadows on the lower arm, i cant really point out whats bothering me, but if you look at the whole figure i think you will agree with me that there is something wrong going on. The second portrait of your wife on your blog is awesome. Keep it up
    G@m! Thanks for your critic and kind words... as far as I'm in the beginning of that pose I'll be able to get fix the proportions...

Keep writing!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast