Sketchbook: Carmageddonstein's Sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Carmageddonstein's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Carmageddonstein's Sketchbook

This is my first journey into being an active CA member. It's difficult to put into words the intense feeling of intimidation this little text box is inflicting.

Anyway, I think that this first picture will be the only backlogged picture of mine that I'll upload. Everything else will be brand new pictures! Yay!

Comments and criticism appreciated, but please be gentle!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for commenting on my sketchbook. That hand looks really good and I hope you'll post more soon. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook!

This is an interesting concept, but you should really "flesh it out" some more. Practice rendering light and shadow from life -- the smudges under the eyes don't really add any sense of volume to the piece, and some work needs to be done in order to make the face "feel" like part of the hand. Anyways, keep on posting!

-Kale

P.S. I just joined as well and it helps to have a thick skin when reading comments on your work. I think the overall vibe here is to try to tell it like it is so people can get better, but you're the artist so feel free to ignore anyone you don't agree with.

Scetchbook -> here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Having spent a little more time looking around at other people's sketchbooks, I understand a bit better what this kind of thing is supposed to be.

In light of this, I have done up an eye study.
    Also, I have decided that, impossible as it may seem now, it is a good idea to at least TRY to play with the big dogs, so I will be entering this weeks C.O.W., in hopes of not sucking completely. However, since it is my first, and I'm not too concerned with winning, I will be posting my progress for help and criticism, starting with this initial design mock-up of the illustrious Golden Guddle Greaper.

Grim Reaper is offline I stared into the void last night,best dream I ever had Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting...You have good imagination, you don't copy stuff but create your own which is original and fresh. You could put some more work into those sketches but it's not bad anyway.Keep it up and sorry about the confusion before I'm gonna take your advice and post new stuff on my sb in a minute.

And remember- Don't fear the reaper
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...52#post1181352

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for posting at my SB, I'd love to see more sketches from you! It's nice to see you studying how to draw eyes, which Is really a problem for me and alot of other artists. Remember that if you draw a lot a lot and a lot each day for 2-3 months I'll guarantee that you'll see one hell of an improvement. Now the hard part is to find the motivation to keep at it, and this is where conceptarts sketchbooks comes in. Remember to post everything!

Oh and copying is in fact a good way to start I think. Some people learn a lot from copying/and studying other "master artists" work, and then some don't. You just have to figure out how to improve your drawing skills and don't worry about style etc. It will come to you automatically after a while.

iMaiM is offline Severs Limbs to Create Nubs Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd love to see that hand from the side, so you can get the profile of the face mixed with the tendons and knuckles. The way the fingers bend makes me think the face causes pain to the host. I'm overthinking it, yeah, but I really like the damn thing. Reminds me of Vampire Hunter D.

More, more! =D

If you're going to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

-Oscar Wilde

My Old SB Needs Your Criticism!
    My New SB Needs Your Criticism! [Last Page]
    My deviantART Page
    iMaiM demands you go see Dennis Currie's Sketchbook!

Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thought I had posted here before, but must have just looked. Wanted to stop by and say thanks for stopping by the ol sketchbook. Thanks for the C&C. Keep up the studies. Remember to keep sketching because you can only become a better artist. Keep it up.

My Sketchbook- C&C very welcome
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85772

Grim Reaper is offline I stared into the void last night,best dream I ever had Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sure copying is a good thing. I only meant that some people concentrate ONLY on copying and forget about letting themselves go once in a while and creating something new and fresh. That's also important to use your imagination and be creative. -To apply knoledge you gain from copying into real thing which is special 'coz you're creating no one else ever has...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like yur eyes!! but, a little more sketcheS! could make u even better!! in eyes and stuff!! draw draw draw!!
    keep the good stuff up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I haven't been updating as often as I'd hoped (I wanted a daily thing).... mostly because I don't produce update worth work on a daily basis.

The important thing is that I am doing stuff for conceptart.org. Yay me.

Assignment for a character design with recolor, and night and day shading. Try to guess which is which!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, I have REALLY failed at my previously stated goal of update everyday. Never fear, however! I have been doing ART every day, and working to get stuff worth uploading.

so I guess it's not such a big deal.

Anyway, here are some new ones.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe I should just start a new thread, considering how long it's been, and how awful the stuff I've already got here is. But, since it is not my goal to begin a career in art, but to become proficient enough to express myself fully and be a more well-rounded professional, I suppose it'll stand to show how far I've come.

Judging by today's submission, not all that far! But lack of progress is no reason not to try, so here goes nothing.
    Name:  bartender_001.png
Views: 8
Size:  152.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sketched the first one (after a significant battle with photoshop and wacom to get either one to work, much less at the same time), thought it sucked, so tried doing a simple render study with some textures, but that only showed further weakness. Guess I should do the basics some more.

Name:  002b_law_demonskull.png
Views: 5
Size:  196.3 KB
    Name:  002a_bad_orb.png
Views: 5
Size:  143.7 KB

Members who have read this thread: 1