Sketchbook: Jigo's Sketchbook - stufff! [5.23.09] - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey jigokuen

very nice characters you have a good anatomie skill.
    the thumbs on site one lookz awesome, keep it up!

cheerz

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice work. I'm a fan!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing work here, I love your colours, so saturated and beautiful. I get the feeling that you are very comfortable with your style. I cant wait to see the rest of that last digit rendered and crisp.

Cheers

Vicious Pineapples
    Come, critique our art and help us grow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff..wish my school had the models wear roman gear and shit, jesus thats cool

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the zoo sketches are really nice.. i remember those girrafes. they were really annoying to sketch cuz they just wouldnt keep still but you seem to have captured them nicely. i really like the page with that painting guy too.

and the still lifes are really nice. makes me miss painting them. keep up the amazing work!

"Everything you draw has a chance of becoming a masterpiece, so put your all into everything you draw."

SKETCHBOOK
    Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to say hi, saw you in Henry's workshop a lot with yo homies, never got a chance to say what sup. I'm the asian noobie always hanging out with the black guy? I think we were there on the last Friday workshop, lol. Anyways, your figure work are very inspiring, your friend, Chromosome is very talented as well, he should be on CA's front page soon... Looking at your awesome clothe fig. drawings makes me so damn anxious to take that class, can't wait till next semester! Hope to see you in next semester's workshops!

Last edited by Kuraudo; January 1st, 2008 at 11:32 PM.
    I like Root Beer

My Sketchbook

BlogSpot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooo.. lots of sketches and life drawing here... dont see most of this in DA?
    Nice lines girl..

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...light=Rezeroth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank YOU!
    For sharing The way you doing your concepts...
    It is very important for me to know how other people thinking when create something

p.s.: sorry for my pure English

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow..

I am greatly impressed and wonderfully inspired.

No critique, just a request: post more. Please??

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow .. awesome lifedrawings ... fantastic work
    thx for the inspiration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Craps

Zweidee: thanks!

Amille: lol thanks.

Buckster: Thanks a lot, though sadly I doubt I'll touch that one again. I'm still really looking for a painting technique that I'm happy with.

Staaron: Yeah, we were super lucky. The guy that came to model was very knowledgeable about the historical aspect of the costume as well, it was a lot of fun.

zeo-x: thanks man, giraffes are goofy looking.

Kuraudo: haha, come say hi next time... and Chromosome keeps me motivated. I'm sure I'll be seeing you guys at the workshop!

Rezeroth: haha I don't post too much on DA until recently... thank you!

ekler: no problem, I'm just glad you enjoyed them!

IanE: thanks alot!

Farin: Thank you!

I -really- suck at background painting/environment speedpainting, so I wanted to just start tackling it, no matter how bad the results... Crit away, I know I badly need it. I've been looking up tutorials and speedpainting videos but I just don't have *it*. Whatever IT is anyway. Khang Le was a great inspiration... and all those Ubisoft dudes. And lastly, some people. Life drawing and quick character work inspired by traditional Tibetan dress.

Attached Images Attached Images                    

UnSharpened is offline The most terrible enmy is my lazyness... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The character is awesome, love the colourful dress on her!.
    Those environment thumbnails looks unfinished, probably you have other plans with them? I think it would be easier to read it add some more shade into it.
    Keep it up!

It should always be bore in one's mind that he must be responsible for his life........

Welcome to My !!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think "suck" is the word. It almost looks like you just need to take more time with the environments because the initial sketches looks great. Yeah....if you put in extra hours to fine tune your paintings, especially the character designs, they would turn out like masterpieces, but I'm pretty sure you already know that lol.

I like Root Beer

My Sketchbook

BlogSpot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Unsharpened: I know what you mean... they look like sketches D: thanks.

Kuraudo: I think that's it for sure. At a certain point I'm just like f*ck this, where do I even go from here? I think i'm just afraid that overly rendered type of stuff, and I'd like to have a more painter-ly approach. I think I lack the experience in traditional painting to be able to grasp that "quality." Anyway, I'll keep on doing these, and I'll try to bring one to completion, and see if that helps me out any.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, not a bad start with the environments...
    It does take a lot of practice, just like figure drawing.. Pretty much think about them like the figure, pay attention to edge, shape, line, etc. Certain shapes look good, and certain shapes dont.. The hardest thing to get into your head is perspective, keeping things in perspective can be hard, but doing things like having a vanishing point template pre-made, or using M@.'s perspective brush can help with that..
    But I know what you mean by thinking you dont have "it"... I do environments at work all day and I still dont think I have "it." I think it comes down to having a desire to do them.. If you really dont like doing environments at all, then you will never get very good at them, but if you honestly enjoy them but are frustrated by not knowing how to do them, then you'll eventually get better at them once you get practice and some knowledge. Its just like learning to draw people, where the better you get at doing them the more fun they become to do them.. I found that was true in my case..
    One way to practice them and not have them feel like a chore is to take a story, or movie, or video game, etc that you like and create environments for them.. or take a character you like and create the world which they inhabit.. for example, the tibetan warrior girl, what kind of house would you put her in? or where has she fought? Where does she go for spiritual retreat? Build on what you already got. Its about being a storyteller.. You can tell stories about characters by the places they inhabit just like with their poses, constume, and all that.
    Once I started thinking about environments as being one more tool in story telling, it became way easier for me to work on environments, because now there was a goal I was trying to achieve by any means I could go for. It wasn't "I have to get good at environments or else I wont ever get a job" anymore.. Sorry if I'm wrong, but thats what it kind of sounds like with you, and I feel like I might have started to lead you down that way of thinking with some comments I posted a few months back. Thats really why I felt like I needed to give you some more advice..
    One thing that helps in the actual creation of the environments is learning a bit of 3-d, where all the perspective and basic forms can be laid out without having to draw everything from scratch, and you can also position the camera any way you want in the beginning which eliminates the need to do an excessive amount of thumbnails.. I use Sketchup just about every day, it's a life-saver...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Main Loop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your figure drawing are awsome especailly those poses of real figures I like them so much, the line is so flow and relaxing, but when you design your imaginery characters seem you loose some of your flow and relaxation, if you can mix those things from real figure drawing to your concepts, you will be very very good, nice color exercises too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing sketch . you have solid foundation of traditional art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your art is amazing... especially your "King of the golden mountain" work. Really great stuff!

Mike

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MainLoop: Thanks dude, I already replied on my blog. Your advice fit right into what we're doing for my visual devleopment class, so I hope there's an improvement.

openanewworld: Thanks, that's one of my major problems that I want to focus more on from now on. I' hoping that if I draw more for the sake of drawing instead of life studies all the time, it'll help me improve.

w2cg: Thanks a lot!

Dynamike: Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

New sketches, and 2 master copies. The first is a master copy of Joaquin Sorolla, the second is a mastercopy of Phi Hale. Both were done for my intro to figure painting class, and have really taught me a lot about oil painting and brushstrokes. I'll post some in class work when i get the time to take more pictures.

Lastly, stuff from my Visual Development class. We went step by step planning out 12 story beats for our twist on Little Red Cap by the Brothers Grimm. So we started with black and white thumbs (the ones I posted are just the thumbs I did for 2 of the story beats... in the end we had 12) to 2 finished paintings. And some Character thumbs for red, who I have as a craftswoman, so instead of bringing grandma food, she's bringing her a pair of automated legs cause grandma can't walk.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love it all, great work. (also, great mastercopies!)

sketchy poo(sketchbook)
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...87#post2014787

"I do not judge, I only chronicle"... sargent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great figure drawings And i like your colored beats, they really convey feeling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have such a nice sence of volume and light to your digital pieces, very cool to look at. I am also fond of your process thumbnails and steps towards completion.
    Your figure drawing pieces are great as well, your class must be top notch ^^

The only thing I would like to see for´now is better edge control, you are going to improve alot still and I am looking forward to it.

Vicious Pineapples
    Come, critique our art and help us grow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome!

already looking forward to the next update!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow great thread. your contour drawings are inspiring, an your finished pieces show how that time has paid off. I also really like your color abilities. do you have any recomendation on literature on that topic? again great stuff,

SketchBook Chris Yoakum?

rattsang is offline i am destructor bahhhhhhwwwaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    exellent stuff you got here, couldn't view it all cause my broadband is slow tonite, but i'll be back for sure.

its time to knuckle down and really lick boot!
    LOOK MOMMY! I laid a sketchbook!
    My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    minjarr: Thanks!

praeclaris:

Buckster: Wow, thanks! I'm taking a figure painting class this semester, and it's really helping me understand edge control more! I still have a long way to go, but I'm hoping to be able to incorporate a painting class every semester till I graduate.

Espen: thanks, dude!

MonkeYoakum: thanks for the compliment! As far as learning color sensibilities, I'm still a noob so I don't think i can help you much, but from everyone that I know is great at it, they say plei nir landascape painting really pays off. But if you want some inspiration, this guy is f*cking amazing.

rattsang: Thanks a lot!

School has been insane, I had gotten some good figure drawing practice in initially, but that's just becoming less and less possible now that finals are here. When I look back at all the stuff I did this semester, it doesn't seem like much... especially in comparison to how much I've been stressing.

Some oil paintings, Henry yan says I should be more wilf with my colors . Some of you may know the jerk from the second one.

And then there's the random visual development piece... The format is kjind of weird becasue its meant to be viewed huge, but... yeah. And lastly two painter pieces. The first was kind of a test just to force myself to get used to painter, and the second is an environment for one of my classes, still a wip. Painter's a little twitchy...

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing work, and so much of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very very inspiring Keep posting!

Anjin
    della Citta' Eterna
    "un marinaio non prega per il tempo buono... impara a navigare"
    - Anjin Art Website - - Sketchbook - - Anjin Art Blog -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa...

Awesome.. would love to know what they teach at SF.
    But I'll google that so you don't have to answer this silly question and work on your confidence with enviroments. Cause I think that's what you lack. Not much else. Every artist will make 'lesser' pieces and better ones.. Keep notice of your own progress, and previous mistakes. Correct and improve right?

Keep it up. You're awesome.

Digital Painting | v8ART.net
    Visit my Blog for a Crazy Adventure down the Art lane - v8ART

Best educational digital art blog ever - Ctrl+Paint

Pillage & Plunder - Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    u r so~~~~~~good!! i envy u so~~~ much!!! and u just 20, hope i could reach u one day !!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.