Jessica Alba! *drools....
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink Jessica Alba! *drools....

I usually draw cartoon/anime type things, but my friend challenged me to draw jessica alba as realistic as i can....i stole a photo from my sister's magazine and drew away...ill try to find the same photo online somewhere since my scanner is broken...

i just need to tweak a couple things here and there...any suggestions? critiques? comments?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very awsome. I think one of the only things you need it to use more lights and darks to pop out certain areas. Im assuming the light is comming from the back left, with reflected light on the right. So just like under her mandible ( jaw), how u have that shadow under there. Under her nose would have some and her upper lip. To pop out those areas. And bring more life to your picture. Also try grey scaling your picture to see how your values read. Where your dark, medium and light tones are. Cause it looks very unified at the moment. Make her eye sockets a little deeper, cause its starting to look flat with out any tones to add form. Hope it helps! ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool, thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you captured the likeness of her very well!

You have some very hard edges, Particually along the hairline and eyebrows, making it look like her face is pasted on. You could take color from teh hair, at a low opacity and sofen up those lines or add some stray hairs. Also, there is alot of yellow in bust/chest. It may look like that in the photo because of printing but I would add some red hues in there.

Her eyes are pretty flat also. Try rendering the eyeballs like a sphere. Take some color from the skin and round out the eyeballs in the corners.

Hope this helps! Good luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's lookin' good! I drew the same picture a while back, as well as a couple others, though I think your version looks more like her than mine did:

Page1
    Page2

It's a really nice start so far. My issues with are that there are no hard edges except for her hairline. As a result, there's no crease from her eyelids, around her nose, the corners of her mouth etc. I think if you solidify these areas, it'll really pop! As Hypernautz said, you may need some more contrast in select areas to really bring it all out. Keep rockin' it though!

Peace,

www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks great so far man, aside from noted comments. Id reccomend opening the eyes up a tad, she has an overly dreamy( bordering on sleepy) look on her face.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.