Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    That Black Knight is kick ass!
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Grim, looks like you are a GREAT story teller , every illustration is a story to me .....really nice stuff man ...powerful and dark....the way i like it !! hehehe...i'll be watching you !!!
    Ta taaaa..
    D.
    Love all, Trust few, Do wrong to none ! William Shakespeare (1564-1616)

Thanks
    wow,excellent i love dark art. Love the environment and the characters. Hope to see more of your crazy creepy stuff man.

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Grim Reaper is offline I stared into the void last night,best dream I ever had
    Thanks
    Dmitri: I don't know... If I had to chose I'd say Black Knight is much better piece. His pose... He's off guard, relaxing, maybe putting away his sword to have a cigarette... Anyway what I intended to show on that picture is a very detailed armour and I think it works quite well. Still those loomis' chars rule but I'll get there too It's just that sometimes I intend that my characters look less natural as they're usually not humans hehehe

Mrpank: Thanks man (i my bedziemy jeszce kopac tylki jak maniak

Rudeone: Thanks. I thought my enviros weren't that good. But now I feel I should make some more. And soon I will

Darkchild: Thanks!

Deltron05: Thank you kind sir...or shall I say Merci Beaucoup?

Loneshadow:Thank you very much. More dark stuff coming in next chapter which starts about....

Now

Thanks
    Chapter 6

"Descending back into the darkness"

I've grown a bit tired of this fantasy stuff.... So I've decided to take a break and go back to what I love most- horror.

These were made over the weekend.

First one- a quickie. Warm-up before something more serious.

Grim Reaper's Dark Art Sketchbook

This one I called The Devonshire Fire-axe Massacre. I live in Devon, South-west England. It's pretty quiet here. Usually. But there is always some one waiting for their time to strip their clothes, get a hold of that fire-axe covered in dust... and chop heads off. We live among those people. We never know when they're going to break lose and unleash the evil within them...

"The real Jigsaw-killer"- what would a mask made of cut up pieces of photo look like? Like this I reckon. Some pieces were not pasted correctly so my Jigsaw is a bit of a mess. But that's only to confuse people looking at him. I like to think of him as 14th freak from my Freak Show... who joined the show just after the 4th chapter ended.

" The Undertakers"- on Saturday I found one of the women I look after dead. It's always weird 'cos I'm never sure if they're dead... So I checked the pulse and the heart.. But she was already getting cold. I always seem to bump into them just after they die...
    Anyway I was the one to talk to the doctor and later at night the undertakers came.
    What a strange people they are...
    They wear smart suits and don't talk much. I reckon they aren't who they pretend they are... This is the horrible truth:

" The Undertakers II - Feeding Time"
    Those long black bags they put bodies into...They have zippers. Those zippers look like teeth...

Last edited by Grim Reaper; March 5th, 2007 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks
    That Axe Murderer piece has great lighting that sets the mood. Very vivid on the red! Nice concept with the Undertaker idea. Those zippers do look like teeth don't they. Keep these cool concepts coming!
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Cheers Darkchild

I sat and put some colours on those undertakers in order to practice oils before I get the wacom. Here it is:

Thanks
    The undertakers 1 and 2 are the best designs ive ever seen for that type of character. Cant wait for more.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Thanks
    I'm lovin' the axe-murderer piece! Very atmospheric.

Glad you went back to horror, not so much that I'm a fan of horror, but these new drawings have a certain emotion and creativity that was somewhat lacking in your fantasy stuff.

I'm not discouraging variety, but it is clear that horror is your niche, and that you're very happy with it.

Maybe you could combine the two, a sort of medieval horror theme? That'd be creepy.
    -My work can be found at my local directory thread.

Thanks
    I second that comment with Anid Maro about a medieval horror. That would be very interesting. You've got a good sense of armor designs. Combine that with your normal creepy stuff.... Like an undead knight or a rotting corpse sentry.... Can't wait to see what you come up with
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Nice... And disturbing
    I like the way you draw the monsters. Reminds me of Call of Cthulhu. The muscles and the strings look great. The normal people seem to have a bit too wide shoulders (I have the same issue) though.
    I have to keep checking this thread more often, looking very good.

Thanks
    Envisor: This is the only design of these kind of creatures 'cos I invented it hehe
    Anid Maro/Darkchild: Thanks both of you. Fantasy horror...I don't know... I'll give it a thought
    Jho: Thanks. Wide shoulders..I never noticed but I guess you're right, now when I'm looking ... Thanks for pointing it out

Freshly squeezed last night- some grapics for my game. In one of the episodes there is a french lady called Miss Cheauvair who has a very special illness, some kind of inverted anorexia... Propably something like that exists in real life, I don't know, but before I find out I will claim it's my own idea Inverted anorexia means that you're fat, but you think that you're too skinny so you just keep eating and eating... 'Till you become a monster, like Miss Cheauvair, who's even eaten her own boyfriend... Ah, those eating disorders... Lovely, aren't they?...

Miss Cheauvair III: "Mirror Mirror On The Wall"

Miss Cheauvair II: " Lunch Break"

Miss Cheauvair I: "Something Wicked This Way Comes"

Also last night I made a picture of this spider-like creature which I thought was original... But then I came back home and watched some Second Life trailers and there it was, one very similiar to mine...At least the bottom half. Head and torso I think are still quite unique. I called it "The Coffin Bearer":

Last edited by Grim Reaper; March 22nd, 2007 at 06:39 AM.

Thanks
    Been a while eh Grimmy! These are wicked good. I can see that your lines are getting cleaner and cleaner, and your anatomy has improved quite a bit also. This last creature is freaky, four spiked legs and a creepy torso. Really cool design. I started a new Sketchbook, its in my sig if you want to stop by.

Thanks
    Cool concept with the coffing bearer. Very nice highlights and shadows on the creature. That reverse anerexia womans gonna have me shivering for a while.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanks Darkchild & Envisor.

Last night only one picture made. I hope I finally got this amazon warrior girl right...

Thanks
    Very nice armor! I really like that detail. I've tried doing some armor designs myself but I've never had an eye for that. The lighting is a bit inconsisten though. You have the face totally without shadow yet the front of the body, which is facing the same direction, has lots of shadowing. Add a bit more tone to the face to balance it out Keep those concepts flowing!
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    I really like the design. I have to agree with darkchild, the values are inconsistant, needs to have more light values.

Thanks
    I made this tonight... And I'm still not happy with my oil skills... I have to practice and maybe use some refs next time... Because this guy has HUGE shoulders!!!!

Thanks
    Yeah, he does have big shoulders, but your coloring is getting better. I like the way you did his hair on the red side of the pic. keep it up.

Manuel_Calavera is offline And my ashes find a way beyond the fog And return to save the child that I forgot
    Thanks
    Nice work with the undertakers, brother. This is one of the best drawings I've seen last time. Your style is getting better and better with every picture exept those fantasy ones - when I look at your fantasy concepts I think you try to pretend someone who you are not. I mean your horror pics are more natural.
    I like coffin bearer too - very pro concept.

Thanks
    Sorry for slacking with replies to everyone's sketchbooks....Been busy doing stupid NVQ level 2 training for work and will be for next few months...
    Anyway, I'm still trying to find time for drawing. Here's one...just a mixture of concepts and random words that mean nothing.

And continuing 'Fat Season' a concept of a creature called the Head Master from last night.

Also I posted entry for activity of the week- random topic of the week: Sandblasted Snail Blesses Ninja During Church. Any one want to vote for me? I'll post it here as soon as I can, for now it's only on the activities thread.
    And for me it's time to go to bed 'cos I'm so tired I think I'm actually dying... Well not really, but idea of going to bed is so sweet right now...
    I'll write more soon.

Thanks

He's still single ladies!!

Damn! He has a hell of a defomity Cool concepts as usual. I was thinking instead of drawing your characters in a normal view from the front you could try different poses and angles to add a bit more to you work. Give it a try
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Manuel_Calavera is offline And my ashes find a way beyond the fog And return to save the child that I forgot
    Thanks
    Headmaster is a nice piece of work - especially feet and hands. Unfortunately, the „words that mean nothing” are too small for me to read, so they really mean nothing to me
    I’ve noticed every your concept creature is human based deformation – they are quite good, but why don’t you try this with some other creatures, for example insects?

Thanks
    hey man, nice stuff! i like the figures in this fashion - http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...rrorontheW.jpg
    try doing some pencil life studies to try and up the ante in shading and some contours for better lines.
    keep going

Thanks
    wow, creepy stuff in here ;p

Instead of offering crits, i'll offer you some advice that changed my way of approaching art .

Contrary to popular belief art is not just about hard work, an equal amount of observation and knowledge is required. Observe hard what you see and then question it. Little by little you'll start understanding what you see, and most importantly why you're drawing it.
    So read up on your art basics, on your anatomy, in fact read up on everything you can, the only thing it can do is enrich you further , not only as an artist but also as a human being ;p.

I'll drop by every now and then to check up , so keep at it!
    ¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Wow, all of this is really awesome work man! can't wait to get some new sketches for the book. check your mails for some infos. I'll send you the translated stuff as soon as possible

Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Good going on the head master. Nice roudness to it. Dont worry about posting everyday, its a pleasure to see your work whenever you can post here. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Thanks for all the comments people

I'm having a bad flu so I can't draw much...But this is from last week.
    It's a portrait of my friend's daughter Rio who is half english and half phillipino.

Reference photo:

And the drawing itself:

Photo of the drawing taken with my phone camera is actually surprisingly good...

Thanks
    hi! you're last piece is great you have some good skills when it come to rendering but I can see you lack some naturalness when it comes to your figure's maybe some lifedrawings could help you improve on that.

post more!

Thanks
    Thanks Nkristian

I can finally post my entry for the random topic of the week activity. It lost.... But hey!-it was in the lead for a while!
    Anyway my new entry is doing well- for the 2nd day of voting it's 7 votes ahead! Hopefully this time I'll get to win

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast