Robert Anton Wilson died

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Robert Anton Wilson died

I just read that Robert Anton Wilson died yesterday, the 11th of January 2007.

If you´re not firm with his literature you won´t know how much I will miss this author. He´s been one of the most influential authors for me, making me think in unusual way and defined things like Mindfucks and the cult of the 23 ...

At least there´s a chance that he faked his death and tries a new world conspiracy from a tibetan monastery together with the Dalai Llama and Keith Richards.

Hail Discordia!

Fipse

<Insert witty remark here>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I read about this on Digg. I'm working my way through The Illuminatus! Trilogy right now, regularly asking myself why I'm still reading it, but given how much people loved his stuff I'm sad to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fipse
    I just read that Robert Anton Wilson died yesterday, the 11th of January 2007.
    Also something I saw on Digg:
    2007/01/11
    Guess what 20-7-1+11 equals?
    Or 20-11+7+1?

Sketchbook support group #7
    Andorz
    Koshime
    Number_6
    Slash
    Mike Frank
    Haldor
    BDFoster
    Gloominati

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

Oh shit... That's actually quite sad. I haven't read many of his books, just Prometheus Rising and Quantum Psychology, but he had a huge impact on my thinking from the age of 16/17 and onwards.
    It was especially Prometheus Rising that did it for me, I recommend that book.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well shit .... you know damn

ive never had many heros but bob was on of them without a doubt its strange i feel a little worse hearing this then when my dad died lol

once r.a.w called me on the phone i ran aournd for weeks tell every one i knew makeing them listen to the message lol <much to their irritaiton since thay had no idea who it was > lol

well mabey well see ya next round mate !
    cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well shit .... you know damn

ive never had many heros but bob was on of them without a doubt its strange i feel a little worse hearing this then when my dad died lol

once r.a.w called me on the phone i ran aournd for weeks tell every one i knew makeing them listen to the message lol <much to their irritaiton since thay had no idea who it was > lol

well mabey well see ya next round mate !
    cheers

eidt:well now that its had a couple min to sink in im pretty happy about it at least my man gets a new adventure ! lets all go get a cup of coffie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by liam.c
    That's pretty cool that you got to talk to him, why was he calling you?

Sketchbook support group #7
    Andorz
    Koshime
    Number_6
    Slash
    Mike Frank
    Haldor
    BDFoster
    Gloominati

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well it wasnt exactly like he called me out of the blue but i like to tell the story that way i called him actuly about something and he called me back to get more information i think .. but i got the message and rofl i was too excited to call him back i just couldnt .. its really funny to me but you know in my life time ive met and talked with countless number of people from all walks of life but i meen man this is wilson u knwo ! i cant jsut call this guy back ... rofl its dumb but thats the only time i think ever in my life that i was ever or probably will ever be like starstruck i guess is the only way to put it .

i rember this story about the beatles going to meet elvis and thay went to his house and were all just siting around stareing at him .. thay just couldnt talk .. it must have been some thing like that .

wilson and watts and leary<by extention ><and many others > solidifyed my thinking as im shure happend for many other people ... thay provided me verry exelent models to explore ... hmm well i guess us ....this is my same intrest ofcorse in art .. well art is a vehicle to follow this same exploration or adventure of us for me and all my intrests come from that point .... art in particular is the most fun game for me and for me i owe alot to thease guys even for my current intrests more so then i could have expressed at the time over the phone so that was that hehe
    '

really its strange how much it gets me choked up thinking tthere wont be any new books from him , ill run accross some place when least expecting it

< on a side note ... mentler has allways made me think of wilson with ever post >

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.