Page 9 of 144 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanks Jester hehe...I will do more tonight. I am really enjoying using the pen.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I keep forgetting to put the dates

December 10th

Hey Jester your tree ents inspired me to try an idea of my own. This was just a really quick sketch on the train. But I might take this idea and flesh it out in a pen drawing tonight.

Attachment 92291

Jolly Old Saint mixed with me

Attachment 92292
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks
    December 11th

Since the eyes on my last portrait stunk really bad. Mitch has assigned me the task of drawing my own eye. (Thanks Mitch!) This was hard. Here is the result.

Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Paintings and Sketches
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks
    When the little figure is meant to indicate size this is a really big ent! How about trying it in color?

Jester
    Imagination is intelligence having fun!

Jester's Sketchbook

Portfolio web site

Thanks
    Hey Jester,
    Yeah I had imagined deep in the forest the great great great grandfather of all the ents. The oldest one alive. I will try to paint it tonight...I'm not sure how it will turn out but I will try!

Thanks
    Whats up...

my eye

Attachment 92294

Take me back Mitch take me back!!!!!

Hey Jester I am working on my tree monster thingee but it is gonna take a little while to finish...I want to really try to render it out well. We will see what happens hehe.

Ok here is a small preview of one section of the painting just to prove I am working on it hehe...the bottom of the ent with some foliage near him

Attachment 92295
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks
    December 13th - 15th

Sargent Brush

Attachment 92297

I saw the Pennsylvania ballet this past weekend. They were performing "The Nutcracker". It was so beautiful...I had to come home and do a painting purely just so I could remember how I felt when I was there. This was more of a free form painting.

Attachment 92299

I am still trying to learn how to paint...here is my tree ent...in process.

Attachment 92302

Here are more pen and ink studies for you jester.

Attachment 92304
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks
    hey, those pen and ink studies are really nice. I like that face u did with the seargeant brush, nice stuff. I wish you had a diff. Avatar, not that I don't like the one you have. But it keeps making me think, your'e really young. I know you're 22, but I keep thinking early teens, cause of that avatart. no intentions to offend, just my two cents!
    -http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Thanks
    Thanks for the encouragement iwasink! HAHAHAHAH that is hilarious about my avatar. I'm glad you said something hehe. I changed to a temporary one till I get home. I made it from one of my self portraits. That is hilarious...if I wasnt at my desk at work I would laugh out loud hehehe.

Thanks
    Hey, MindCandyMan, thanks for the pen and ink study! I'm pretty busy at the moment, preparing everything for our trip to Sweden, so I fear I'll only post a few sketches if any for the rest of this year! Keep working and improving!

Jester
    Imagination is intelligence having fun!

Jester's Sketchbook

Portfolio web site

Thanks
    Wow that's awesome Jester! Have fun man! That is gonna be a great time. Be safe. I will keep going...don't worry about that hehe.

Thanks
    December 16th

Attachment 92309

Still struggling with this tree. Having a hard time getting it detailed. I am not sure quite what to do. Any help would be appreciated (Thanks for the pics Jester!)

Attachment 92310

Hey Mitch I tried out some of those quick sketches that you were talking about. I tried to put muscles on them....boy oh boy...man these turned out bad. I did them on the train with a ball point pen which didn't help I guess but sheesh...these are awful...I can't wait to take figure drawing class. I will use these as before and after pics heheh...these being the before.

Attachment 92311

Quick self portrait on the train from memory...looks nothing like me...oh well.

Attachment 92312
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:47 PM.

Six Digit Paw Guest
    Go, go, go MindCandyMan!

The heart and moxie in this thread is amazing, man! Truly inspiring. Sure as hell keeps me at my sketchbooks (getting them to the scanner and posted up here is another matter entirely ;o) Thanks for putting up your stuff, and looking forward to the next pieces!

Thanks
    December 17th

Hey everybody...I had to go to work...then screen a movie I did... and then I went to the LOTR midnight show so I did get home until 4 A.M. ....however I did make time to sketch when I was in line waiting for the movie. (why not right hehe)

This was a sketch that my brother (Smeagol71) was helping me with. I started the very base sketch and my brother was showing me how to form things and make proper lines and what those lines convey...he hated this sketch but I wanted to post it cause I liked it and plus we did it together (he did most of it heheh)...I learned a lot just walking through things with him.

Attachment 92313

This was another quick sketch I did until the lights went dark hehe.

Attachment 92314

six digit paw - Thanks man!! I really appreciate the encouragement. I am a rookie but I am trying . I can't wait to see your stuff. Draw every day...don't let yourself ever go a day without drawing. Thanks again!...my art isn't the greatest but I am glad I can inspire people in other ways...at least I'm doing something right haha.

________
    Hi Everyone,
    If you didn't see my last post(s) on www.conceptart.org then I will bring you up to speed. Basically I have been inspired by the art produced and the work ethic of Jon Foster, Justin Sweet, Andrew Jones, Jason Manley, and my brother "Smeagol71" (among many others) and have decided to learn how to paint (primarily digitally). I am starting from rock bottom and I am going to paint at least one painting and do at least one sketch every day...probably two on the weekends. The order you see them in is the order that I am painting and/or sketching them...every day starting on 9/15/02. I am bearing my soul to everyone. I will post everything I do...whether it is awful or not. Most of the paintings and sketches, in the beginning, are going to look like crap but hopefully over the days/weeks/months/years they will start to get better. I have no formal art training but have signed up for classes this semester. I have a passion to paint and welcome any encouragement or critique that you want to give. Any feedback you want to give me you can leave in the threads I or just email me.
    Thanks
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks
    check out this post I know its directed towards jester, but I suggest the same to you. I still do it and I learn from it everyday
    -http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Page 9 of 144 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast