Page 9 of 166 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Paintings and Sketches

Thanks
    The site sould be back up today some time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey Thanks Unionsung...FINALLY I get to meet the person that is being so charitable with their web space. Thankyou!! I never knew who was running the site I was just given the link without any details. Thanks so much for allowing me and others to post our stuff using your web space. I honestly don't know if I could post on here any other way. I really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

p.s. - Is there a way that I can delete some older ones that I have posted to make room for the new ones. Thanks again for providing that service. It's awesome. I really appreciate it!

Thanks
    Hey Jon

It was nice meeting you. You have alot of determination and you couple that with an unconquerable will to learn without fear of humiliation; you WILL be the artist you want to be.
    Just follow your heart on what you should do as far as schools and stuff. I personnally don't believe it matters; you will learn and that's what counts.

don't hesitate to look me up when youre back in town.

draw, draw, draw, and always try to outdo your last piece. Push the envelope.

Mitch
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    Thanks Mitch,
    It was awesome meeting you too...your stuff is AWESOME. And yeah...I am such a dufus in every other area of my life that being embarassed about one more thing doesn't bother me hehehe. At this stage I'm pretty embarassed about all my drawings but it's like you said...(which by the way I know is going to stick with me a long time)...Don't hold on to the drawings you do and be "satisfied" with how they are turning out. If something turns out good that's fine...but then put it away and move on and push yourself further. That is great advice. Jon Foster told me the same thing in different terms...he said, "Once you learn one style of doing things...don't settle...throw it away for the time being and keep learning."

I appreciate you taking the time out to show a rookie like me your stuff and to give me constructive criticism on my work. That is invaluable to me. Your stuff is KICKIN too. Even the other girl in that room that was talking with us knew how good your stuff was...she said people were saying stuff like, "Yeah even Mitch got yelled at today in class". That's awesome dude that your stuff is on that level. Keep pushing.

We will see what the future holds. As long as I have hands I will keep drawing. So we will see what happens. I'm just along for the ride. Thanks for the encouragement bro. I will definitely look you up next time I'm down...if my wife doesn't convince me to move permanently before then hehehe.

Peace,
    jon

Thanks

This is a big one

Ok this is a big post...sorry lots of sketchbook pages.

November 25th - December 3rd

I have really been getting into sketching with a pen. It has helped me become more controlled and more direct with my strokes...I will definitely do a lot more in pen.

I tried to get in as much drawing as I could over the thansgiving break...of course you always wish you could do more.

Attachment 92272

Attachment 92273

Attachment 92274

Attachment 92275

Attachment 92276

Attachment 92277

Attachment 92278

Attachment 92280

Attachment 92281

Attachment 92282

Attachment 92283

Attachment 92284

Attachment 92285

Attachment 92286
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:39 PM.

Thanks
    Whoa...that pen work is a real big step for you bro, I think you're accomplishing your goal. Keep that up, it will help you become more deliberate with every stroke you make. This is a lot of great work and is comprised of another big growth step for you. Great job!!!!
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Thanks

Thanks bro

Hey Thanks bro I really appreciate it. I LOVE Justin Sweet's pen sketches on his website. They are so awesome. So I decided to try a pen out and you are exactly right. It has helped me think about my strokes and pay more attention to the forms etc... I really like sketching in pen I will definitely keep it up. Thanks for the encouragement man I really appreciate it.

I am officially signed up for drawing I and figure drawing I next semester so that will be cool to see how those go. Thanks bro I will keep em coming hehe.

Thanks
    wow mindcandy, its awesome, you are improving in huge steps ...

those studies are great, i especially like the landscape things, and this frog is really nice looking too ...

i'm quite jealous of your improvement rate, its really awesome !! keep up the good work and dont slow down

Thanks
    Great job on the pen and ink stuff - you have inspired me to try some in this technique, too. I'll post them later today; very busy working on my new business.

Jester
    Imagination is intelligence having fun!

Jester's Sketchbook

Portfolio web site

Thanks
    Thanks so much for the encouragement guys. I am trying to work really hard. I appreciate all the encouragement you guys give. I definitely won't slow down. I am starting up drawing I and figure drawing I next semester so I can draw in class and then draw when I get home. HAHAHHAHAHAHA DRAW DRAW DRAW

Thanks
    self portrait

I will post more tonight
    Last edited by MindCandyMan; February 13th, 2007 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks
    December 5th - 9th
    ----------------------------

.................................................. .

last week was really bad. One of the most stressful weeks in a long time. I won't bore you with the details.

I tried to sketch all weekend. Everything was turning out awful. I think the stress affected my brain. This was the only thing worth posting believe it or not.

All my finals are finished. No class this week. Lots of drawing. Man I am glad to have last week behind me.
    Last edited by MindCandyMan; February 13th, 2007 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks
    Hey Jon

it's looking good. You need to really push yourself to not draw things as the symbols of what they are and draw them more as they truly are. Try this on your next SP. rather than using lines, use only blocks or shapes of the shadows/hilights you see. only. no lines. still variate your tones, but look for the shapes in them. remember what I told you about looking at it without glasses on. blur your vision a little to really see those shapes. Give it a shot.

Mitch
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Page 9 of 166 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast