Sketchbook: Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Paintings and Sketches - Page 71

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2147
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is amazing, thank you for the inspiration!! After viewing this thread, I'll try my best to work harder!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thread is absolutely amazing and inspiring!

Can i ask: How long have you been doing this from your first picture, and did you buy a tablet straight away?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really amazing and inspiring thread!!!
    Keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just stopping by to say thank you for being such an inspiration to so so many. Recently watched Jason Manley's TED Talk and was reminded of this incredible journey! Thanks again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great traditionals.
    I am not the right person to say much, just passing by.
    What size is the one with the zombie girl?
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You all know this great Man ,the MindCandyMan, the mighty opposite of Mankey, the single biggest inspiration for everyone . He is the reason I've ended up here.
    I believe , that he is the prime example of what the true artistic talent is - unbending will ,lifelong dedication and modesty beyond any of us.
    When i am tired , ashamed of my laziness and inability to draw properly ,i remember all those obstacles , that he went through , all mistakes he has made and i'm starting to believe , that even if i'll have one tenth of his virtues , i will accomplish my goals. And i sit down and start to work no matter what.
    Consumor aliis inserviendo.( By serving others, I am worn away). It's about him.
    I do not expect him to even notice my humble post , but i swear, that if i'll ever be an artist one day , i'll draw the huge tribute to him, his glorious way and all of his wonderful works.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Impossible to go tru all this posts and don't post a simple congratulations for you man!
    That's an incredible dedication from you!

Congratulations! Amazing evolution, amazing job!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I finished right now to read the whole thread, I feel tired but it was amazing, I know you hear this all the time but I had to post anyways. It was an amazing experience.

I wish I can be a great artist like you some day and meet a lot of amazing artists along the way. Best of the luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MindCandyMan, your improvement from rank amateur to the artist you are now is incredible and inspiring. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    True dedication. Bravo, love your choice of lighting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am new to CA myself, and I am in awe of the progress you have made from start. I think it is so crazy to be able to view you from 10 years ago to see how well you've progressed to date. You sir are incredible and inspiring. This encourages me so much to continue my work and keep pushing hard. Thank you so much for your dedication and showing all of us your story. Bookmarked.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Youve spent your years wisely. 10 years of art and youve come a very long way! This is why i think anyone can do it. its a journey one takes and trials one overcomes. Nice work and keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ..Wow, talk about inspiration. o.o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I want to see this develop:

Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Paintings and Sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am going through all your works now, as I am new to CA. I find it so inspiring that you have developed skills in many areas, media to paper, and digital drawing and painting. I am so amazing. You are truly inspiring to me! I cannot wait to go through this whole thread and see your progression!

-AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thread is another example that if we have passion for something , everything is possible. Thanks for the inspiration!

_____

my sketchbook - always open to C&C

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I've seen all of your thread here. And WOW! I just want to thank you for keep posting your progression here. It really inspires us. So I wish you could give me some tips or guidance in my sb. I want to paint from imagination, but right now I'm stuck to reality. Can you give some clue?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've never posted on here before just perused the artworks and I have to comment that your energy and commitment is an inspiration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your progress is truly amazing and you have inspired me to practice everyday and become a better artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ladies and gentlemen. My inspiration.

"The remarkable thing about going through a disheartening session is that the student is very often on the threshold of marvelous discovery" - Jack Hamm
    >>SKYPE! "xNusku"
    >>SketchBook HERE!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nusku For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't believe I haven't found your sketchbook until now! Thank you for the inspiration. I think there is hope for me too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just came here to say *WOW*, i was having one of those doutbing moments but you've lifted my spirits! thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,132 Times in 2,680 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You are approaching 3 Million views good sir. Who would have thought, all those years ago of the amount of people you would end up inspiring. Much love always. JM

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Proper Respect to you good sir.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have just finished wading through this thread the past few weeks. Thanks for posting throughout the years, you are such an inspiration for how dedication, work and good teachers can make an amazing artist and an art career. I hope one day I can be as inspiring to others as you have been to me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "My name is MindCandyMan, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

This thread is mindbogglingly awesome! It is crazy to see the amount of progress you have made since you started out.
    I will definitely seek out this thread whenever I am having a slump to leech some of your amazing energy and dedication.

Keep going man, you rock!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm not dead!

Hey guys I'm not dead! You may have thought I was, but things have been crazy with kids, moving, etc... However, we just recently moved into our new house and I am in the process of setting up my new studio. Our goal is to never have to move again! We are tired of it!

So here's the new studio on the back of the property:

Name:  step2compilation.jpg
Views: 8758
Size:  178.8 KBName:  step1f.jpg
Views: 8735
Size:  129.2 KBName:  step1e.jpg
Views: 8757
Size:  105.6 KBName:  step1d.jpg
Views: 8860
Size:  794.0 KBName:  step1b_websize.jpg
Views: 8768
Size:  245.4 KBName:  step1c.jpg
Views: 8819
Size:  647.0 KB

The wall with the garage door is going to eventually become two bay doors. The wall with the air conditioner is going to have a bunch of north light windows eventually. Things are going to get cleaned up and painted...a floor will be put in, etc... So that's the plan. The first project I had to complete was to run ethernet cable under the ground from the house to the studio. That was quite a task actually. It took a full day because I had to dig up all garden areas as well as create a "lane" with a shovel. Into the studio and sealed off...I am good to go now. I've got fast internet out there. The next step is drywall before the ac/heat pump is installed. I'll update you guys when I get to that part.

Check out the painting that was in the studio when I got there...should I do a master copy?

Since my studio isn't up and running I have been working on other things. I do not sketch enough and I need to. So I am working on a sketching method. I have an ernest watson book on sketching and it's fantastic. He talks about using the pencil with a chisel tip and approaches things a lot like the old pen and ink guys did (Coll, Booth, etc...). It's almost like an alla prima pencil technique and is much much different than what I normally do. So I'm stretching out and trying to learn that. There are so many cool places to landscape paint around here...I want to use this sketch method to help me try out compositions and simplify the lighting quickly. So the sketches so far are just out of his book studying his technique. He gives examples and then provides pictures that you want to reference while utilizing the methods.

I've also been inspired by Marshall Vandruff and his teachings on composition. I want to do 1,000 composition studies of the masters. I need to grow a lot when it comes to composition so I've started studying them as well. Here's some of the stuff!

Name:  Composition Studies 1.jpg
Views: 8707
Size:  148.3 KBName:  ernest watson study 1.jpg
Views: 8682
Size:  72.5 KBName:  ernest watson study 2.jpg
Views: 8637
Size:  76.5 KB

Doohinkus - Thanks man! I can't stop now!

Severn - It's humbling to hear you say I'm an inspiration. I honestly just feel like I'm struggling along to get better just like anyone else. If I can help people get into art then that is reward enough!

Sprogis7 - Right back at ya!

Jason Manley - It's a trip man...I would have never imagined this when I started. I've received a lot over the years and I am happy this thread can help give back a bit.

AliSaid - Awesome man...keep going! We all have those doubting moments trust me...sometimes daily haha.

Aqualeot - There is certainly hope for you!

Nusku - Thanks!

Sydney3711 - Do it! Keep practicing and get better. The rewards are fantastic.

messythekoala - Thanks so much!

Cojac - I think the biggest thing I would say to someone wanting to understand how to work from imagination is to study life and break it down. What I mean is that you need to study what is going on in reality and begin to break it down and understand what is happening. That means that you need to understand perspective, values, edges, etc... You have to learn what form does in space and what light does on that form. So study perspective and learn what light does when it hits a particular shape, etc... You want to study things in reality enough to know what is happening so you can use that in your imaginative works. So it's the "why" that matters most when you are training for imaginative work.

vlad74 - Glad to inspire!

AdrienneRose - Thanks so much for the kind words!

Bad Affliction - Good call! Working on it right now actually.

Ehecod - Thanks!

Sunny - It's definitely been a fun journey. It still is providing roadblocks and trials, but I wouldn't trade it...I love it!

The Enlightened One - No problem. I am glad that I can inspire at all. Thanks for the kind words!

Renevatia - Thanks so much!

LMAshton - Thanks for the kind words. I still feel like an amateur!

wolfnooM - Thanks for taking the time to read through all of this stuff. A lot of the updates are painful to look at I'm sure haha.

hermanoc - Thanks so much!

Vagabond Gris - It definitely gets tough sometimes. Every one of us struggles with laziness and sacrifice. It's always a struggle but when you push yourself good things come!

knut - I think you mean the orphan from Africa. That one is about 5 feet high and 3 feet wide or so.

MacTire - Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look at this stuff. I appreciate the kind words.

Izene - Thanks! Still going!

Obviously - Thanks! It's been about 9.5 years which is crazy to think about. I did buy a tablet right away and I still use the same one from time to time haha. It's "old school" now though..everyone has cintiqs haha.

nf076 - No problem. Keep working hard!

Gijex - Your goals are fantastic. It doesn't matter where you live...that's the nice thing these days. You can create a successful career for yourself in Peru. If you push yourself and your work is great then you will be in demand!

meticulous - Thanks man!

Velocity Kendall - Thanks!

alfredbaudisch - Haha...the truth is that there was only one way to go when you start off like that haha.

nim - The teeth were a nightmare actually! Teeth are always tricky. I always end up repainting them tons of times. You have to imply a lot of detail without going too far. So the brushstrokes have to be just right. It's really tricky.

laprincesse123 - Thanks so much! There are a few books that I would highly recommend. Harold Speeds books on drawing and painting are great. Also Richard Schmid's "Alla Prima: Everything I know about painting" is absolutely fantastic. It covers the foundational things and grows with you. So I would suggest those to start with.

Tazuma - Thanks!

TFsean - More new work coming!

GEB - Thanks!

alfredbaudisch - Awesome I'm glad to hear it. Keep going!

WhisperPntr - That's awesome to hear. Don't give up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll be the first to say - Welcome back! It is a great honor seeing you here again. You are one of the greatest inspirations here on CA. I hope you post more regularly as I have been watching you over the years and you've inspired me lots of times. I hope to one day become a beacon for other people as well !

Jon , winter is welcoming you back! ( Too dramatic I guess lol ) .

Please visit , comment , critique and have a chat with me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank goodness you are not dead! I would have been devastated as you are the person who started me drawing, and for that I will be thankful to you for the rest of my life. Your new place looks great, I vote yea for doing the master copy of the painting you found. You can show off what you have been learning at TAD.

I didn't realise it was good to copy master paintings to learn composition, I am a Marshall Vandruff fan so thanks for passing on. Hope you get time to keep posting, I have missed you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats on the move! Good luck with the new studio, and the composition studies. Composition is one of my favorite things, hope you have some fun with it!

Thanks for being such an inspiration to so many.

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 538