Page 71 of 144 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2158
    Thanks
    hey man! i just looked all 36 of your pages.. i must say u improved so much over time that it makes me want to start a daily sketch book sometime in the next few days! hopefully i can improve just as much as u :chug:

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    that picture there is of your drawing of the cast???

I've been studying it to figure out if it was a photo of the cast, or a photo of the drawing, but the edge of it makes me think its the drawing???? soooooooo gooooooood!
    I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

Thanks
    that cast is insane! what did you use to do that!? looks so realistic, really good job, very nice.
    i know you're not uite done yet, but looking at the photo, i'd say the only bit need doing is the eyes, they have a slight highlight.

great stuff, keep it up

Thanks
    jester - Thanks Yeah I'm not sure what number I have hit right now but no where near 10,000 hehe...I need to get workin!!! Thanks for the encouragement I really appreciate it.

arghmisfit - Wow all 36 pages huh sheesh heheh...you are very brave! Definitely start a daily sketchbook and you will improve...cause and effect...thanks for the encouragement and I look forward to seeing your work! :chug:

jetpack42 - Thanks jet heheh...yeah that's the drawing of the cast. It's not finished yet but close to being finished. Thanks man you crack me up hehe...see ya soon. :cool:

theswift - Just charcoal on paper for the cast...kind of weird what you can do with just a stick of charcoal...it's weird. Yeah I still need to do the reflected light on the eyes I will probably wait till the very last to do that since it's so subtle. Thanks for stopping by :beer:

Attachment 93960

inked that drawing that you saw before...terrible technique on this one...I need much more control I'm struggling but learning...at least I know what I need to do at this point hehe...at least I think I know what I need to do hehe

Attachment 93961

more work on this thing.

Attachment 93962

figure drawing...experimenting trying to figure pencil out

Attachment 93963
    Last edited by emily g; June 22nd, 2007 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks
    I love the way you rendered the details of that throne, to me it looks great.
    And that cast drawing is coming along fine. Charcoal? Man I always have to take a bath after using it, but it's great
    And the figure looks great too, I've been meaning to ask you what size is the paper you are doing the figures on? Is it like really really large?

Great work

Thanks
    did you ever know that youre my heroooo

inking is very hard, especially without predrawing in pencil! It is a long journey with that for sure...inks/markers for me are pretty weak so that will be on my list of to do for sure. we can inspire eachother to keep inking haha.

i always like your hooded characters!

Thanks
    Ok, I quit.

Thanks
    Wow... your improvement really is spectular man. It's great to see such a thing, really inspiring for me. I love your pencils sketches, they seem so much more natural than mine. You've given me high hopes for what I can accomplish if I just don't give up. It'd really be nice to get some advice from you, since you were obviously doing the right thing. Don't mean to request such a thing in your thread, but I really like your work. Keep kicking ass man.

Thanks
    I looked at the first page, then the last. I can;t believe my eyes that in less than 2 short years you came from drawing cubes and couldn't get the light right, to beautiful sketches and stuff. Inspiration to me

Thanks
    KR33P - Thanks for the comments...I had trouble with that throne...using pen is tough that's for sure. Yeah that drawing is in charcoal. We sharpen our charcoal to a long thin point and work that way. I had never seen that method till my teacher's showed me because before that I had only seen people use super soft charcoal and really cake it on the paper...this way is still dirty but much much less dirty and it's way more precise. I would do it precise first and learn it that way and if you want to be more loose you can make the willing choice to do so. The figures are done sight size so the paper is probably something like 30 inches x 16 inches or something like that...I would have to measure it I'm not sure. But yeah they are in general pretty big.

endregan - and did you know that "You're everything I wish I could be!!!! I did pencil drawings as guides for these pen drawings first. It would be really really hard to do them...even harder...without a pencil drawing underneath. Only the people that have been doing it for their lifetime could pull that off. Thanks...I like drawing the hooded guys...I still haven't gotten it right yet though hehe.

zankuusen - I don't want to ever hear you say those words again!!! Look I have awesome teachers that help me along...come to their atelier http://www.panturastudios.com and you will probably kick my butt in 6 months!

dakoscwash - Hey bro thanks man...I still feel frustrated about my pencil sketches and stuff...I have not learned to control the pencil well enough yet but it's a long process. I will check out your thread and post a reply there soon but just to let you know a lot of the recent progress I have experience has been a direct result of having an atelier approach and by having awesome teachers. Throw a pinch of hard work in there and you have a three layer cake...but I will reply to your work specifically in your thread soon hehe and give a less metaphor-ridden response. Thanks for stopping by.

badhawk - Thanks bro :chug:

***I get a lot of people commenting on the progress in this thread and I just wanted to say as a general note that my skills have jumped in the last six months due entirely to my training at my atelier...honestly. The method that is taught there and the awesome job my teacher's do can't be replaced by anything. When you see something in this thread (bird paintings for instance, etc...) they were standing there right beside me saying, "Do this...no that doesn't work...here's how I solve this problem". I have much much much more interaction with my teachers than any atelier has probably ever had...I learn under them like the old master's did...as an apprentice, etc... I would recommend to EVERYONE trying to learn and get better to find professional training (of course I am going to recommend ateliers and more specifically the one I am attending http://www.panturastudios.com ...but I can't say how vital that is. If you want to become a skilled artist find the people who are the best in the area that you want to go into and do everything you can to study under them. Anything you see of mine has been affected by them...I even show them my zoo sketches and see what their thoughts are on that. So I would encourage anyone who wants to get better to study under someone in this same capacity...it's fantastic and can't be replaced. I am planning on starting my own atelier one day and doing that...so I can give what was given to me...just wanted to say that***

These were traced out of a book that my teacher had called "Modeling and Sculpting the Human Figure" by Edouard Lanteri (I may have spelled his name wrong) but at any rate I traced these out of those books cause I thought they would be really helpful in coming up with drapery and learning how it works...so I DIDN'T draw them but I thought they would be useful for some people to see. The A points are the points of radiation...the source of the gravity that the fold generates from. The B points are the "mass of folds"...and the C points are the "space of rest"...it's a great book even for 2d artists so get it if you can.

Attachment 93964

Another Lanteri drawing that illustrates some great stuff:

Attachment 93965

Some sketches

Attachment 93966

Last session for this portrait...this is all I'm gonna do to this one...gonna start a new one:

Attachment 93968

More work on the cast drawing had to darken a lot of things up...my teacher suggested that it would give more form to do that and of course...that was right hehe:

Attachment 93970
    Last edited by emily g; June 22nd, 2007 at 02:19 AM.

Thanks
    Fantastic.

You know how much we appreciate you sharing this journey with us.

You are not selfish in your ways and you help other people in their own journey, giving back to the community. That is the greatest quality and I am sure thankful I came across this site or I wouldn't have met you!

Youre at the next stage where one day you will wake up and not realize how good you really are but others will take notice..

Keep going jon, we will draw together one day

Thanks
    Ok just when you think that cast drawing cant get any better...BAM! That looks so awesome, I love the bounce light in the eye sockets, that really adds a nice touch.

Sweet job on the portrait, its your best one yet! I think the nose is looking a little flat, and the background is really sloppy, but thats something you could easily fix with a little more time and care. Something is odd about the shape of the head. Maybe the model really did have an odd shaped head, but right around the forehead area (especially the top right) it just looks funny, like the head is flattening out or something. Its kinda hard to explain, but I feel like its something thats keeping it from looking like a solid 3dimensional head. Regardless you did a really good job on it, you make me proud!

Hey thats great that you're singing the praises of the atelier. I know I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am now if it wasn't for Watts, and I try to convince everyone its the way to go (though most aren't willing to listen unfortunately) But what can ya do? I hope you continue to go for years to come (which im sure you will), cause its gonna be amazing to look back on this 4 years from now.

-Ryan

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing MCM, those folds are really useful...
    And those eye-balls... :eek: You scare me! LOL

Thanks
    hey man, good stuff going on here.. .that plaster mask thing is lookin real nice. glad to see you did some drapery studies. ..i need to pick up that book, it looks very helpful.

Thanks
    You are doing great man, keep it up. Thats pretty much all ^^

Calle.
    Self-improvement is masturbation, Self-destruction on the other hand....

Page 71 of 144 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 121 ... LastLast