Page 64 of 166 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 114 164 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    You really have to leave in those followers in the foreground, otherwise it would be difficult to figure out he was a secret society leader without knowing what the thunderdome topic was.

Jason Soares
    Daily Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    endregan -
    make it like a head and a hand and another head or part of a body... not the same size
    Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking as well!

antihero - Thanks man...not done yet though!...hopefully it will be even better.

spork - I agree...I want the image to read right without an explanation...I think it would add interest as well. I will experiment with that as well.

I also need to finish up the "character design" portion I am doing as well...I should finish today or tomorrow. This is an in process image obviously but check it out:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MindCandyMan; February 15th, 2007 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks
    Great minds think alike!

love the progress...this reminds me i should kick meself and start at it again

Thanks man

busy busy..exam time for me!!

seeya

Thanks
    Just dropped by to say that I think you've made an amaaazing progress. You inspired me to start sketching again. Thanks. =)

Keep the great work up and good luck with the tdome project (looks awsome)!

Thanks

MCM Thread

MCM -

I'm sure that this post isn't going to make much of a difference to you, but let me tell you, from an outsider's perspective, you have and are travelling on a journey that many of us aspiring artists hope to take - a journey of self improvement. Your improvement that you have shown over that last months has been so remarkable and so inspiring to so many of us here. Keep doing what you're doin' and we'll keep watching.

Never stop, good sir. :chug:

Thanks
    endregan - Bleh exams...I remember those days...do well!

spellshaper - Thanks so much I appreciate it! Definitely start sketching again...I want to see the sketches!

savior - These kind of posts definitely make a difference to me! That's the primary reason I am posting on here is to in some way help others...I have received help from so many I want to give back whatever I can. I definitely won't stop ...thanks!

Finished the "character design" portion of my thunderdome project...I am feeling the time crunch hehe...

Last edited by MindCandyMan; February 15th, 2007 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks
    great work. it needs a darker value to make it look more 3d. almost black but not quite, like where its darkest, to give it contrast. time crunch..yeah i better start painting mine haha

great work jon

Thanks
    The finals of everything:

Name:  tdome_character_sketches_final.jpg
Views: 6537
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  tdomechallengefinal.jpg
Views: 6522
Size:  94.7 KB

"Sewer Rat" is a retired karate instructor turned insane. He now roams the sewers of philadelphia gathering what followers he can to his cause. He and his followers call themselves the sun and moon clan. With funding from Mayor Street they wait for the opportune moment.

Last edited by emily g; June 22nd, 2007 at 12:41 AM.

Thanks
    they all look great, the only real crit I have is the water and the lighting of the sewer.

The light seems to be coming from above, and there doesn't seem to be another obvious light source, but the water is really light in color, and there seems to be alot more diffuse light than I would expect from the single light source from above.

I think it tends to lighten the atmosphere more than maybe you intended? The light colored water just doesn't seem to suit a sewer.

other than that it's really impressive. I like it alot. I think it was a huge improvement adding the throne (the colors and texture of which are just great btw)

anyways, my 2c.

Thanks
    adien - Thanks I really appreciate it. I agree with you on the water issue...I am reworking the whole image a bit so I will definitely darken the water around...I didn't want the inside to be very dark because I didn't want to obscure the details of the guy but perhaps it is too light...I will play around with it. Thanks.

My friend needed this for a web page for a project at school so he messaged me and I did it...took me like 15 - 20 minutes so don't be too harsh hehe.

Last edited by MindCandyMan; February 15th, 2007 at 08:22 AM.

Thanks
    Mind its so awesome to see your progress! I kinda took a break from the site for awhile and come back to see this sweet painting, and I'm totally blown away! Keep up the good work bro, we should all be working as hard as you :chug:

Thanks
    panda - Thanks so much man. I've been watching your progress in your watts thread...keep up the momentum man you are doing great!

Ok here is the "real" final of that painting:

Last edited by MindCandyMan; February 15th, 2007 at 08:22 AM.

Thanks
    Those are sweet paintings man, keep it up! Nice textures.

P.H.R.
    Protect Human Rights

-Clay

Page 64 of 166 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 502