Page 6 of 166 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Paintings and Sketches

Thanks
    Long time no draw... tOO mUCH wORK ... now the weekend is coming and I just get my new Wacom tablet...

Mind: You last portrait is great, I see a lot of improvement in it, the shading is a LOT better. You're moving so fast compare to me ... for me and for you.

Anyway, here is what I just done with my wacom and painter, with the airbrush tool... this is my promised second apple study, I tried to put a bright highlight...

Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Paintings and Sketches

Mind : I will draw all the weekend, and try to get my skills a fast as you.:p
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

October 18th - 20th

cmortier - I like that last apple it has a real cartoony style to it. I like it a lot. I can see some definite improvement. Nice! You just got your new wacom tablet that's awesome! They are fun fun fun. When you do your next apple go for realism. Stick to that tutorial as close as you can...it will really help. I need to paint some apples tonight too. Great job man keep it up.

Here are my latest slew of images from the weekend:

I had to go away for the weekend...my wife, graciously, offerred to drive on the way up so I could draw in the car. This was my self portrait done in the car looking at that flip down mirror thing on the visor.

Attachment 92181

This is me trying to understand Loomis and get a human head right...I like a couple of the heads but over all I need wayyyyy more practice with this as you can see:

Attachment 92182

Attachment 92183

Attachment 92184

This was just a gargoyle and a tower that I doodled in the car as well:

Attachment 92185

I felt like experimenting with my self portrait last night and this is what I came out with...

Attachment 92187

This was a quick robot I did for the robot thread. This is totally bizarre but I thought about what if there was a tiny daddy long legs that was used as a spy tool that could record people's conversations and all...it's late right now heheh. At any rate here it is.

Attachment 92188
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks
    That last portrait is creepy! I see you have a hidden visitor behind you too..LOL! Good work bro, keep it up. Your stuff just keeps getting better!
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Thanks

October 21

October 21
    _________________________-

Thanks so much for the encouragement bro. I appreciate it. Slowly but surely hehe.

Here are my latest pics. Last night was a really weird night just to warn you.

Ok here is my first pic. Just as a disclaimer I was REALLY REALLY tired last night. My wife got me a new computer chair too and it is really comfortable and makes me want to sleep heheh. But here is the first product of exhaustion. It's really really bad sorry.

Attachment 92189

This was another portrait that started off as a self portrait but then it started to not look like me at all so I just went with it and finished out the drawing...weird.

Attachment 92190

This is something I wanted to post as well because I think everyone should do this...I take a notebook with me whereever I go and try to sketch just little things. I sketch people waiting for the train...reading their papers...people standing...etc...or whatever I want. All quick sketches. I think it's really good to always be drawing. Try it...it's really fun. Little do these people know...I am spying on them.

Attachment 92191
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks

October 22nd

October 22nd

Hey guys here is my stuff from last night:

This started off as a normal self portrait but I was so angry with how crappy my boss treated me yesterday. She is a really unhappy person I think. But at any rate here is a release for my anger. I will get back to the basics tonight...had too much emotion inside last night.

Attachment 92192

Just drawing my hand to get some practice:

Attachment 92193

Here is another page from my spiral bound notebook. I quickly sketched more unsuspecting people on the train and waiting for the train. Some other sketches too.

Attachment 92194
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks

October 23rd

October 23rd

My stuff from yesterday.

More quick sketches of people on the train, etc..

Attachment 92195

Attachment 92196

I tried to draw this mug...rather unsuccessfully.

Attachment 92197

Last night I had a hard time. It was difficult to look myself straight in the eyes. I felt really sad.

Attachment 92198
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks

October 24th

October 24th

Attachment 92199

Attachment 92200

Attachment 92201
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks

stuff from the weekend

I AM COMING UP ON MY 2 MONTH ANNIVERSARY DRAWING!!!! So you all can buy me some big presents! Yeah right hehe...I don't plan on stopping either...it is becoming steadily frustrating but fun at the same time. I love challenges. Anyways...here is my stuff from the weekend. Sorry for the broken links...phantomarts reached its bandwidth limits recently.

Here is a self portrait done with the pencil tool.

Attachment 92202

These are some animal sketches that I did with a book as my guide. I am trying to learn how to draw their anatomy...wow talk about hard. As I was drawing I was saying to my friend...ok yeah I am gonna have to do this like a thousand times before I can do it from memory heheh. Anyways here they are:

Attachment 92203

Attachment 92204

I snuck away from my desk at work on friday and drew this with my ball point pen...I just opened a magazine real quick and found an interesting picture of a gorilla and then tried to sketch it...here is the flawed result:

Attachment 92205

I like to do this periodically with pastel stick just to show myself that I am making progress. I give myself like 1.5 minutes or like 2 minutes to draw my sp...I usually do this type of thing on the weekend. So here is my most recent one...

Attachment 92206

This tomato study was done using a tutorial to help me with the tools, setup....etc... I am doing to do this again...it didn't turn out half as good as it could have. So I will try again.

Attachment 92207

There is a discovery that works in painter that I absolutely had to share...if you use the "just add water" tool as a support technique for the grainy water brush you can blend really well. The grainy water brush is under Liquid in the brushes category of painter 7. Just leave the grainy water brush to it's original settings and also the just add water if you don't know what you're doing (I screwed up the brush once trying to play with it heheh)...but try that out...I used the digital airbrush, etc... and did that to blend the tones. The tutorial recommended only the "just add water" tool but I found the grainy water one worked best. Try it out!

Here is my latest picture for the "Stream of Consciousness" thread:

Attachment 92208

Ok I think that's it. Have a good day everyone.
    Last edited by emily g; June 19th, 2007 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks
    Wow...I'm really impressed! Tutorial or not, your attention to detail, your ability to see is really improving. Those tomatoes are nice and I like the landscape too. Keep pushing those tools and playing around with new ways to do things bro! Keep up the good work!

Oh...by the way. Play around with the wetness and dry rates on your water brushes and you'll notice some neat effects!
    Last edited by Smeagol71; October 28th, 2002 at 02:17 PM.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Thanks
    Your selfportraits start to be very good Mindcandy. Keep going If you can do that after 2 months, imagine what you will do in a year.

I haven't done the tutorials, will probably do them in a week or so.

Thanks
    dude!! you are getting so much better FAST!!

just wanted to say that keep it up...:thumbsup:

nice dream-stream thingy...
    oh yeah, i had this totally kickass idea for it and i just forget all about it, thanks for reminding!

wow, DUDE!! you are brilliant
    Cynical smarty pants.

Thanks

Hey guys

Hey guys thanks so much for the encouragment I really appreciate it! My dad always told me that the plodders are the ones that win. So that's what I am doing...just plodding along drawing every day. I figure...the more hours I spend doing it...the more mistakes I make...the better I will become and the quicker I will get there. My wife has been really supportive by allowing me to sketch and paint into the wee hours of the night...not to mention doing virtually everything around the house and working...she is too awesome for words. At any rate thanks so much guys...this kind of positive feedback helps me be motivated to move forward and draw even more! Thanks again for the encouragement! You guys are the best!

:electric: :trippy: :flower: :ep:

Thanks

October 28th

October 28th

I felt so alone last night. I could see my own sinfulness and I felt like the shadows were winning.
    Last edited by MindCandyMan; February 13th, 2007 at 10:10 AM.

Page 6 of 166 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast