Page 59 of 144 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    WOW JUST AWESOME MINDCANDYMAN, JUST LOOKING FROM TOP TO BOTTOM OF YOUR THREAD AND JUST INCREDIBLE THAT I HAD TO SHOW MY FRIEND WHO KEEPS SAYING HE SUCK AT DRAWING TO LOOK AT YOUR THREAD AND SEE WHAT HARD WORK CAN DO FOR YOU. YOUR AN INSPIRATION TO EVERYONE OUT THERE....THANKS!
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    @mcm: wow, i saw your development from the beginning (i went through your topic now) and you're a huge inspiration for me. i'll try to do the same, but i have a small question: how much time did you spent on selfportraits or other sketches at the beginning? is it good to do sketches slowly (i take more than 10 mins for a cup)?

Thanks
    If you get some paintings up in VA? I'll drive to see the show, for sure. That's VERY exciting. Keep up the great work, and look forward to seeing the landscape finished. (Take your time tho)

Thanks

the oil painting....

i want to see an update!
    you're becoming great
    :eek: :eek:
    Cynical smarty pants.

Thanks
    You are truly amazing! I sat down one day and looked through all of this thread and I can't believe my eyes! Being a "rookie" artist myself, you are truly an inspiration to me as well as many others, I'm sure. Your dedication to your art and determination to make it work is definantly paying off, and I'm glad everything is working out so well for you. I can't wait to see where you will be in the future; no doubt it will be in an excellent place.

Pantura Studios looks like an amazing school. From what I've seen and read, it looks like they strive to help their students in any way possible. Considering they only take five students, they must have seen your potential from the start.

Keep up the excellent work, and I hope to hear great news from the show in VA when it takes place. It sounds like an amazing opportunity!

Thanks
    Sok N. Wett - Thanks man. Tell your friend he can learn it just takes hard work. Thanks again

Zakk - Thanks. Speed is the last thing to come...don't rush any of your drawings at the beginning. A sketch that takes andrew jones 5 minutes will take me an hour probably. He has paid years of dues and night after night of drawing so now he is able to do things quickly. Worry about doing things right at the beginning...don't worry so much about speed at all...make it look good no matter how long it takes at this point...worry about precision...looseness and speed can come later. In other words...to render a cup (get the ellipses right and get all the shading right) 2 hours would not be a long time.

stormy - Thanks! It would be cool to meet some of you...I will probably (by then) have a couple paintings on display and have a couple big cast drawings or cast paintings as well...probably like 4 to 5 pieces. It would be great to meet you!

coriat - Coming soon hehe...thanks bud.

brium - Thanks for looking through the whole thread...hope you had a cable modem! Pantura is awesome...it's a FANTASTIC place to study at...we get a lot of attention and the teachers are awesome at what they do plain and simple. Thanks again!

Update coming soon guys...I have been working on a mural that I am painting at someone's house so I've been a bit busy...I will update soon...thanks for all the kind comments and thank you to everyone who reads all the way through this thread...it's amazing to think of people going all the way through it hehe. Your encouragement keeps me going...thanks!

Thanks
    As soon as I can I will take a picture of the cast I have been working on as well as the painting...but for now some sketches:

This was a really crude sketch I did while talking to someone...I wasn't even sure what I was drawing as I was doing it...I have some ideas to use it as a concept for a digital painting.

This is a quick sketch of an idea for a painting I may do in oils over the next year sometime. I want to do it for the show in Virginia...it will be a scene of Ulysses leaving Troy (from the odyssey)...my ideas are still in their infant stages.

some sketches

Attachment 93831

Attachment 93832

Attachment 93833
    Last edited by emily g; June 22nd, 2007 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks
    Dude, nice job on indicating those wings! I really like that sketch. It has such a cool feel to it, and would make an awesome painting.

Thanks
    panda - Thanks man...yeah I am gonna use the same character and put him in a cathedral type setting...this weekend I am going to take reference pics of my wife to use for it. Thanks for stopping by I have been following your progress...your work ethic and skill are very inspiring!

Attachment 93834

Attachment 93835

Attachment 93836

Attachment 93837

And more work on my cast

Attachment 93838
    Last edited by emily g; June 22nd, 2007 at 12:54 AM.

Thanks
    I think you need to work on gesture a bit. All your drawings without ref look extremely stiff, like they were done piecemeal.

Thanks
    good progress...awesome life drawing

that painting is a good start!

keep it up

Thanks
    winjer - Yeah I definitely agree.

endregan - thanks bro.

Did this over lunch for the dsg...the topic was Character: B-Movie Victim or B-Movie Killer

I love painting big eye monsters haha.
    Last edited by MindCandyMan; February 15th, 2007 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks
    hey mcm, just a question is there a site where one can purchase plaster casts for at home studies?
    draw, draw, erase, repeat

Thanks
    Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Paintings and Sketches The evil eye says, "Click Me to Buy a Cast...look in the 'cast drawing' section"

Thanks
    LOLLL

your ridiculous man

i like it

I would buy a cast... i must do a bargue first though.

Page 59 of 144 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 109 ... LastLast