Sketchbook: Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Paintings and Sketches - Page 47
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2143
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fantastic update jon! great to see new stuff from you and ever better to hear your going to be spending MORE time in the studio I hope it brings you to even more progress. Sorry I haven't emaild you back I'll get on that today just been busy but Im sure you know how that is!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey jon,
    great to hear that you have more time to spend on the things you love. cant wait to see your color stuff.

Jj.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MCM, long time no see! Not that you haven't been around...I just haven't seen you! =) Anyway, your stuff is really looking great. You are growing. Keep going.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Omg.

MCM-
    From looking at your posts, I can tell you get this a lot, but I say it again- YOU ARE THE MOST INSPIRATIONAL ARTIST ON THIS SITE. I saw you very first works, and thought that you had a lot of work to do. I was right, but dang, dude, it shows. You are a million times better. How many years have yu been doing this? You make me want to draw. NOW. I think I will.
    You give hope to everyone who thinks they can't draw. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I BOW DOWN.
    -Sedig

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for the love of god. your a machine. it wont be long before you surpase your teachers. lol. keep up the good work.

EDIT: buy the way, what do you paint on? canvas, canva-paper, illostration board....? And if it is canvas, what type? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Blahm; October 25th, 2005 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Waiting for an update Jon, You got people to inspire.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

Allways a pleasure, seing your stuff. Great cast drawing. However....
    There's something weird about it. From wich side did you painted it? How you set it up for the photo, can't be it. Your canvas is on the left side of the sculpture. But if you painted it looking at it from therr, that can't be your result. You must have painted it from the right side, right?
    Pfff , doesn't really matter man just strange if i look at it like this..

Keep up the nice work!

www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thred is totaly wicked and i love the canvas work. You are mad!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MindyCandyMan your earlier stuff show that anyone starting off can really improve their skills. But I see some good stuff and improvement in your artwork, from what you are doing today and in the past.

Last edited by crimsoneye; October 10th, 2005 at 10:14 AM.

Back to the Basics

[http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...hp?t=158168]In My Head[/url]

"Good for you, son. If there's one thing this world needs, it's more lawyers. Could you imagine a world without lawyers?," Lionel Hutz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MindyCandyMan,

That is quite the develoment into a very accomplished artist and an achievement to be proud of. I also take my hat off to you for following your dream and throwing everything you have at it. I am hoping to start my own sketchbook thead after 3 years away from being creative and will use as a journal of the journey from where I am now to where I want to be. Thankyou for the inspiration.

Bod

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, what can i say that hasn't been said about this thread. Amazing progress! I'm still early in the learning process myself and looking through thsi thread has imbued me with a greater motivation to carry on my studying. I mean it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One of my absolute favourite sketchbooks on CA! It“s amazing to see you develop through the thread. VERY inspiring!
    Much love! /Flask

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This work is ultra-great GREAT great ! ! ! Your work here is fantastic, and it certainly shows from 24 pages of work!!! You have inspired me to draw even more !!! Not to just sit here on my computer doing nothing, to actually do some drawing and improve like you did...and i dont know where you got your motavation from, but it worked for you my man, KEEP ON POSTIN!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi Mcm , i like to follow your thread since the first page because your improvement is always inspirationnal for me.Now my inspiration-energyco- creative is back , thanks a lot and continue your way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just another guy saying how much I love to look at your thread.

Today was the first time that I have ever seen it. It is absolutely amazing to see someone develope the way you have. I guess its amazing just because it shows that hard work and years of patience is rewarded.

Very inspiring. Im going to frequent this thread whenever Im in an artistic slump, and try to remember to stay confident, and patient.

Thank you for sharing your journey.

/Kosmic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow...... Dude.... Man.......

You went from straight sucking to being an extremely talented artist. Wow, you are just wow. Thats just all i can say. Seriously you inspire us. Monday im gonna show this topic to a friend of mine at school(OMG he's gonna freak!).

I have to admit i looked at the first page of this topic and skipped over it. Now that i looked a little more of it i have to say something(i think "wow" sums it up). I still havent looked it and read it completely yet but after i get done posting this i'll be sure to check the rest of ur topic out.

final note: you own.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm just dropping in to say....
    Good work
    you are an inspiration to us all

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey MCM
    havent been round in a while...quite a while. Great to seeing you going strong! That last painting is exceptional. I see the benefit of working from these casts, you have to really define the contours and separate the shadow areas from the light. since the casts are a homogenous surface you are left to solely concentrate on the form, which I can see would be great for core drawing skills.

It looks as though you have been using different hand/drawing technique for your imaginative studies. Do you mostly use arm/wrist technique (from the shoulder) for your observational studies or combination- wrist/fingers?
    I apologise in advance as this question may have already been raised, problem is your thread is so massive now!

I myself am finally back in study after a bit of a regressive period and various distractions including my eternal love for drums and playing live music, which has now been temporarily sidelined for my art. I got accepted into Visual Arts at uni mid year. (Finally got a nice place to live in too.. with broadband! woo no more wet stables or sheds for this artist! )It's a very 'contemporary' course, but we just started life drawing, and I'm gradually starting to sink back into drawing, getting a bit of glow back in the coals, finding a little time for my personal stuff too.
    It is always encouraging to see you working hard, and improving, and keeping a sense of humour!

keep up the momentum!
    best wishes

Rohan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Incredible, as always. Great work, MCM.
    Makes me want to get back on track, too.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    kittywolf13 - Thanks

endregan - thanks man...yeah you said it...my imagination is waning I can feel it. I have more time now though heheeh.

Bojee - Thanks man...great book suggestion...gonna get that I think. Sorry for the lack of update haha. You will see why when you read further down in the message hehe.

vctr - Thanks man...no worries about the email. Yeah I will spending a LOT more time doing art now hahaha. No work at all.

Jeff Jaws - Thanks man...I am gonna take a picture of the pear I just did...I will post it up tonight if I can. Good to hear from you man.

van - Thanks man! I have been fairly absent recently too hehe. Good to hear from you man.

Sedig - Thanks so much for the kind words...that is awesome that it inspired you to draw that's what I want! Work hard and you will pass me soon enough. Thanks bro.

Blahm - Thanks man. I paint on canvas. I got it from italian art store I think...lemme find the link. I use the AC260 found HERE

that fat kid - I still can't get over your name heheh. Thanks man...here it comes way late hehe.

art_addict - Thanks man. Not sure what you mean maybe explain a little more. The perspective does look a bit strange in places I think...if that's what you are talkin about?

B-man - Thanks!

crimsoneye - Thanks! I don't look back at the earlier stuff that often but when I do man...it is painful heheh. We will see if I can keep the improvement...I will do my best to keep it up hehe.

bod - You work hard and in three years you will pass me...I don't doubt that. Keep me updated with your progress.

Master 25 days - Thanks man...that's the whole reason for the thread's existence hehe. Really glad it helped motivate that's awesome. Now draw draw draw!

flaskpost - thanks so much man. You guys are embarassing me

Qxzi - Definitely don't sit at your computer doin nothing....get to drawing!!! You will get better if you just spend the time. thanks for stoppin by

shylone_breath - Thanks glad to hear that the thread helped...that's awesome!

Kosmic - Thanks...what can I say...the best compliment someone can give. Glad it inspired!

renegadepogo - Thanks man hehe...so did your friend freak? Maybe just freaked out at the earlier drawings heheh

snowsfall - Thanks for stoppin by I really appreciate it. The encouragement helps keep me going for sure.

Rohan - Hey man a fellow musician...I was a guitarist in a band for about seven years before I got into art. We should jam with Android at one of the workshops hahah. (he was in a band as well) That's awesome you are settling into drawing. Set yourself a pace and really work hard...keep up the pace no matter what and you will get better. Just keep workin and you will be awesome in five years. As far as the technique for my imaginative stuff that is part of the thing I am trying to work out. It's hard to translate the knowledge from life studies to imaginative stuff but I am working that out as we speak hehe. Hard stuff that's for sure.

KR33P - Thanks...Get back on track...don't want to get back on track...do it!

Ok here is the big update everybody...well a couple weeks ago my teachers brought all the students into a room and told us all that they had to close the school down in three months for a bunch of reasons. They are moving overseas so I am being pushed out of the nest a little earlier than I expected heheh. So my wife found a job in Texas (near her family) and we are moving in under a week to the dallas area so things have been insane as you can imagine for the last three weeks. I am still painting and drawing and stuff too. I will have all day devoted to it now as well hehe. I put in my two weeks with my work so that is done hehe. But my plan is to start off on my own now...I will be continuing my education with workshops out the wazoo and many other things...so that is my plan for now. Got a william whitaker workshop I will be going to very soon. So that's the scoop...things are crazy right now but it is also very exciting...I guess we'll find out what I'm really made of in the next couple years hehe. I am gonna be a hermit of sorts doing art like a madman all day. So I hope I don't go crazy hehe. Maybe that would help with the imaginative side though hehe.

still sketchin...trying things out

Name:  bound%20sketchbook%20289.jpg
Views: 5916
Size:  54.3 KB

This is the finished version of this...the picture is way too dark sorry...you can see the base a bit more in real life...or my monitor is screwy hehe.

Name:  fishermanswivesstep3.jpg
Views: 6035
Size:  62.4 KB

quick drapery study

Name:  drapery%20study.jpg
Views: 5902
Size:  51.9 KB

These are some of the things I have been doing lately but I will post more tonight...sorry. I just finished a pear commission for someone as well...color...so I will post that tonight after I get a picture of it today. At any rate things will be crazy but I will keep you guys updated...take care. Thanks so much for all the encouragement...I can find strength in that you guys seriously...I need it now hahah

Last edited by emily g; June 23rd, 2007 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome man.
    Do more imganitive (spell?) stuff
    Im sorry, for not holding what I said in the PMs to you, but now when I“ve been to the workshop and saw all the good people, I will start to draw as much as possible when school isn“t in the way I unplugged the TV also and just watches 1-2 shows per week that I really like.
    Im not sure about doing the Bargue drawings yet, but I probaly should do them. They seem boring though :/
    Keep working man, and keep working with your imagination.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah well sorry to hear the studio closed early but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Now you have a little more freedom and can use all those skills you built up and apply it to CONCEPTS!!! Work that brain, idea idea idea. u have the skill now u just have to apply it and Ill know you will do a good job... your definitely one of the most motivated people i know.

go for it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Never mind man, you propably just set it up like that for the photo. Never mind. The end result is fabulous. Always a treat. Do some more imagination stuff

Cheers
    Tom

www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jon- Wow, sorry to hear about your school, In the long run hopefully it'll turn out to be a good thing. You've been training your mind to be disciplined now you can focus it on anything you want. Go Get'em.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    on fire. The temperature control is just outstanding

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    profil - Yeah I am definitely gonna be working a lot more from my imagination in the upcoming years. I really want to work on that side of things...starting to apply everything that I have learned. Glad to hear you are drawing! Keep it up don't give up!

endregan - Thanks bro...yeah don't know if you got my message on msn...but yeah the studio thing. I feel the same way...well...it has to be the right time to leave regardless hehehe. No real choice in the matter hehe. I'm definitely not motivated enough hehe...thanks though bro...you are kickin some booty yourself there...I saw that new portrait...oh yeah

Art_Addict - Too many mistakes to be a photo hahah. Thanks man I will definitely be doing more imaginative stuff!

Bojee - Thanks bro I really appreciate it. Yeah we'll see what I'm really made of I guess hehe.

That fat kid - Thanks man. Yeah this last drawing was one that scared my wife...she said, "You aren't gonna post that on conceptart.org are you?"..."yeah why?"...."all those boobs...disgusting" hahahaha. So that's a snippet from my life hehe. More of that in the years coming I'm sure heheh.

fishw - Thanks...It's gettin hot in here! The temperature shifts in that one were really fun to render...good stuff.

_________________--

Hey guys don't have much time but here's the pear...already sold so this crappy pic is all I have of it...bleh.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MindCandyMan; February 15th, 2007 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thats a damn nice pear!

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that IS a tasty pear. very realistic. One thing that bothers me is the dead center composition! That being said though it is beautifully rendered. Talk about patience .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great SB ! im inspired ! thanx

More pls

Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 491