Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144
Results 2,146 to 2,158 of 2158
    Thanks
    This Thread is what made me Sign up and Post my humble Beginnings. I can`t believe the journey you made and its great to see that you where able to find your Calling.

Again, thank you so much for giving hope to people like me .

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Working on a cast demo with my student

Marian Rowling - Awesome I'm glad you like that painting. That one is definitely different for me but it's been fun. I'm gonna be finishing that one up soon.

Tetrarch - There is most certainly hope for you. You see the first pages in here...anyone can learn this stuff. It just takes a ton of work and focus in the right direction. If you have any questions along the process just let me know.

Hey guys I have a student from Washington here studying with me for a month or so. We are going through a cast drawing together. I thought some of you would like to see the process...not finished yet but I will post that up soon! This is probably over the course of about 6-8 hours. I'm going slower because I am filming the entire process and taking it step by step. These are taken with my phone so some are a little bit blurry sorry! You'll get the idea though.
    Attached Images Attached Images            

Thanks

A couple updates

Hey Everyone I have a couple of new updates! The first update is that I slapped up a new video of a painting I did on youtube. This painting was over the course of about 2 hours. I sped up the video to about 2000%. So take a look and hopefully it is helpful to all of you!

https://youtu.be/2uppsNV2K7E

Here's the final version of it as well:

Name:  The Red Wig_websize.jpg
Views: 17676
Size:  641.4 KB

Also I wanted to brag about my students a little bit and talk about my school. Here is a cast drawing completed recently by an online student of mine, Deepak...aka Dpac. Deepak has been getting better and better with each project completed.

Name:  Deepak_Thapa_Cast3_websize.jpg
Views: 17479
Size:  162.5 KB

People always ask me whether it is possible to learn successfully online. I have been running my online school for over 6 years and my students are proof that it is most certainly possible to thrive in an online program. I have always and continue to focus heavily on the fundamentals. When that focus is coupled with hard work it always produces good results. I'm so proud of them!

I do have some openings in my school coming up as well. If anyone is interested in getting better at drawing and painting feel free to contact me. You can find more info at http://www.classicalartonline.com/ as well. Becoming better at art is something that is achievable. Don't believe the lie that you must be "born with it" to be a skilled artist. This thread, and now my students, have proved otherwise. If you want it go for it regardless of what anyone tells you!

My school is growing and changing for the better right now. There will be some exciting updates coming later this year (student/teacher gallery shows, additions to the curriculum,site facelift, new teachers, etc...)! I also have a portrait workshop coming up in June and other workshops planned. Keep an eye out!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MindCandyMan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Composition Studies

Hi Everyone! I completed a new painting recently and I also have some composition studies of Levitan, Jon Foster, and Gyula Benczur. The composition studies (and the red wig) were part of a challenge group that I'm hosting on facebook and on the CAO forums. I started a challenge group to help motivate my students and I thought I would open it up to everyone! The challenge group is just a place for artists to get together and work on art. If any of you want to be involved you can do that here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1490815424511598/
    or here:
    http://www.classicalartonline.com/Ar...forum.php?f=16

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MindCandyMan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Jon. Its Ryan you inspired me to make a sketchbook on here haha. I didn't even know you updated your book I thought you were long gone. Man your student's cast so amazing I can't help but think if I wouldn't of been such a retard when I was studying with you that could be me. I think you'll pleased to see I didn't give up but pretty much at the exact same level I was. Anyway I'm sorry wasn't able to continue with you I wish I could of so bad. I work alot now but still can't afford it but I'm still striving.

Thanks

Workshop in June

RW93 - Hey I sent you a private message! Glad to hear from you. I'm glad you have a sketchbook on here. Keep it up man.

Hi Everyone! I am teaching a portrait painting workshop in the month of June. I finished filming the process last night and took a picture of the painting. If anyone is interested in jumping in on the workshop you can find more info at http://www.classicalartonline.com/workshops/ .

Thanks
    Hi, MindCandyMan! I'm just starting here at ConceptArt.org (although I've been studying art for some years now). But I was recommended to watch your sketchbook and it's really a great journey of knowledge on painting! I got caught by the idea of this challenge group on Facebook, and I would love to participate! I've just sent a request. I hope it's all right.
    Thanks for your attention!

Thanks
    Wow, even though I can't see your oldest attachments it is incredible how much of a progress you did from 2002 to today!! You even opened an art school, how cool is that???
    Only thing I regret though, is not being able to see each attachment since the beginning. Is that a thing we could get fixed?
    Keep up with the great work, and congrats!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajueh View Post
    Wow, even though I can't see your oldest attachments it is incredible how much of a progress you did from 2002 to today!! You even opened an art school, how cool is that???
    Only thing I regret though, is not being able to see each attachment since the beginning. Is that a thing we could get fixed?
    Keep up with the great work, and congrats!!
    Yeah I totally wish I could see his works as well, especially in the beginning. He's kind of my inspiration and motivation, to start on CA.

---

Mindcandyman, is there any sites where we can see couple of your drawings throughout the years, like year one, year two etc. That would be fantastic!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermidraws For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It's a shame that all the earlier images are missing now. This has always been my go-to page when people tell me that you can't learn to draw. So inspiring! Where did they all go??

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnyeyebrows For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I tried to read this post but the links in most pages in the beginning are not working. Any chance that someone can fix them?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to trenino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Damn. this guy is a huge inspiration. His whole journey is pretty much right here. Shame we can't view his earlier work.

Thanks
    I've only just gotten back into drawing and painting and decided to check out this thread for inspiration. I wasn't disappointed. It is amazing to see your progress over the last 15 years. Amazing. Thank you.

*Goes to back to sketch book to practice*

Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144