This site is better than myspace...

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

This site is better than myspace...

Thats just my personal opinion. I canceled my myspace account based on the fact that i didnt know a majority of the people on my page. I find this site more to my likeing because it focuses on art.
    So this is my new myspace. I will be uploading some sketches shortly after i get my cable modem back up.I recently moved. I ve actcully have been using photoshop since version 6 but couldnt do any drawing with the mouse. Now i have a tablet, PS_CS and CA.org and thats all i need.I had know idea people were doing such intense work w/ a tablet.So I hope to meet some cool people who love to draw as equally as I do... Chao..

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    "This site is better than myspace... "

Possibly the most gargantuan understatement I've ever heard. Welcome, anyway

Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    Yeah dude, you better look around, this site is far from the same as myspace.

Thanks
    The average punji pit is better than myspace. That said, CA is one of the finer places on these internets, principally due to the fact that it has a discernible purpose.

Thanks
    There's a phrase regarding two pieces of fruit that comes to mind here.

Erilaz

Books of love:
    RebeccaK bumskee dirty_c Iconophobian Steph Laberis

Thanks
    zing!

Thanks
    No way dude, mySpace is the bling. On mySpace you can totally fill out inane questionnaires about yourself and send them to people who don't give a damn and will never ever read them. And you can make friends with ignorant sluts whom you'll never ever meet, and you can totally post dumb jpgs on your friend's page. Plus, you can tile a jpg of Orlando Bloom as your background then make the text a horrendous color that no one will be able to read. Also, you can get some shitty band's mp3 to play on your page so that if I ever happen to visit your page while listening to my own music, your mp3 blares really fucking loud over my music! Plus there's ladies on the myspace!

Anyway, good move coming over to this side o the internet.

Having said all that crap, yeah, I do have a myspace page. I'm a fuckin idiot...

Thanks
    And unlike myspace you don't get banned for posting pictures containing nudity.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy P
    No way dude, mySpace is the bling. On mySpace you can totally fill out inane questionnaires about yourself and send them to people who don't give a damn and will never ever read them. And you can make friends with ignorant sluts whom you'll never ever meet, and you can totally post dumb jpgs on your friend's page. Plus, you can tile a jpg of Orlando Bloom as your background then make the text a horrendous color that no one will be able to read. Also, you can get some shitty band's mp3 to play on your page so that if I ever happen to visit your page while listening to my own music, your mp3 blares really fucking loud over my music! Plus there's ladies on the myspace!

Having said all that crap, yeah, I do have a myspace page. I'm a fuckin idiot...
    Andy, quit describing your myspace page!

and yes as Tully said, major understatement haha.

Thanks

Fantastic!

The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks

Thanks
    This site might be better than myspace, but its not better than...YouTube! Ultimate in time wasting since 2000!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Name:  sinfestapples.GIF
Views: 392
Size:  32.1 KB
    c sinfest
    but anyways,welcome dude

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man
    This site might be better than myspace, but its not better than...YouTube! Ultimate in time wasting since 2000!
    That's amazing considering it wasn't founded 'till 2005! That just goes to show how much time one actually wastes on there!
    -Chris

Thanks
    Sometimes I call the fruit of the tree of wisdom a quince instead of an apple. I think it fits in better with the ancient obsession with quinces (especially in terms of marriage), but I only ever do it to the pompous, they aggravate me and for some reason saying 'quince' seems to stun them slightly... I still don't get why. Other times I call it a cherry; to get the point of the story across. You get people who say 'Abrahamic religions are ridiculous, how on Earth could Adam and Eve have happened?' Well, most people say it didn't, it's a story, to describe loss of innocence/sexual maturity. Ancient Hebrew's a restrictive language, abstract thought and concepts are hard to describe in it, that's why people used stories to which others can relate! Like how Homer, whoever he was, would compare things to part of ships in terms of length, etc. He was Greek, his target audience were Greek - Ships! Basically you can say the Jewish Bar/Bat-Mitzvah marks roughly the point of your tasting the fruit of the tree of knowledge (well it would more so mean that in ancient history, now it mostly just partially means it, as sexual relationships at 13 now creep many people out, but there's still a marking of understanding of morals, ethics [sort of] and a loss of innocence... ramble).

Anyway, what was this thread about again? Ah yes... Myspace aggravates me for some reason, I still refuse to get an account. Still no facebook account either yet, but I'll probably need to get one some time... bah.

Though when comparing this golden corner of the web to other... less golden corners, why is this place seemingly so nice, shiny and decent? I put it down in part to near fascist (in a good way) admins and site staff, etc. but there must be more to it? Maybe trouble makers just don't really come across it much, or what?

Last edited by Rhynome; January 10th, 2007 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    troublemakers are forgotten troubles in the blink of an eye.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks

You forgot about the MySpace group forums! There you can get insulted and flamed just for having a different opinion than someone else! You can tell the posted of a thread what a stupid topic this is! You can post a video of you playing an instrument or something and have everyone tell you how much you suck, or at least how much better they are than you! Weeeee!

Thanks
    thnx 4 the add

0kelvin

www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks

yes!!!!! haha!

Thanks
    Oh man, it's the inane questionaires that really annoy me (and yes, I have an account too).

Sketchbook support group #7
    Andorz
    Koshime
    Number_6
    Slash
    Mike Frank
    Haldor
    BDFoster
    Gloominati

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    After a week of deep pondering, I've come to the conclusion that a sardine, peanut butter, onion, pickle, zucinni, mustard, olive loaf and cream cheese sandwich on sourdough rye with a side order of sauerkraut and chocolate ice cream is better than MySpace...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    C'mon, guys! If you join a large art group on myspace, you could have a new "What is art?" thread every week!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    After a week of deep pondering, I've come to the conclusion that a sardine, peanut butter, onion, pickle, zucinni, mustard, olive loaf and cream cheese sandwich on sourdough rye with a side order of sauerkraut and chocolate ice cream is better than MySpace...
    Have you been looking in my lunchbox?!?

pixels - Yeah, MySpace is the bane of the Internet. Good thing there's CA to help you make your art better! You have been posting art and critiques, haven't you?

Thanks
    Shock post.

SSG27, Suckas!
    "we blastin' off right now!"

Thanks
    Thanked 16,669 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moai
    You can post a video of you playing an instrument or something and have everyone tell you how much you suck, or at least how much better they are than you! Weeeee!
    Here we only do that when someone posts a picture .

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    yanoo, I don't get MySpace. I've been around on the net before there WAS a net and I just... am old I guess

Don Dos Santos page looked very nice, but I couldn't help thinking that all he was going to get was people stealing his art and using it without his permission because it looked 'cool'. :/

“It is enough that we set out to mold the motley stuff of life into some form of our own choosing; when we do, the performance is itself the wage.”
    -Learned Hand

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.