Sketchbook: Andrey's sketch book | Now Updated almost daily since 0ct.21 - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Andrey's sketch book | Now Updated almost daily since 0ct.21

zephyri is offline professional guacamole maker Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I couldn't agree with complete2 more. Loomis is a fab place to start when you're trying to get to grips with figures, his stuff is pretty comprehensive of the basics, and I still refer back to his mannakins and basic anatomy drawings when I feel like I've hit a rut myself. With regards to the pencil line work from PigeonKill, it might be an idea to try working in ink... just a biro or somesuch, and practice making just one or two lines to describe form, without being able to erase, or scratch in your lines, you should find you think more about what you're drawing.

But keep at it, and you'll begin to see a big improvement, and never be afraid to use reference if you need to. And thanks for dropping by my thread. You get bonus points for having one of the coolest characters in fantasy in your name too... ehehe.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pigeonkill: tanx for the advice!!!
    gilles: tanx
    complete2: ya tanx ill look into it!
    zephyri: tanx

Here are some new pics!!!the scanner went gay on me on the last pic.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    pld: NEED CRITIQUE! But BEWARE your Eyes might BLEED OUT of YOUR eye SOCKETS <---cause I really suck and haven't done shit pld:
    My Sketch Book!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, thanks for the comment in my sb earlier.
    I see a great deal of talent in here and I'm glad you're so dedicated at an early age! my advice for you would be to do lots of studies and draw from life a lot right away, the sooner you start with that, the more it'll stuck.
    lines will come easier the more you draw, however, when you render try not to move the pencil in wavy way, so to speak. Always try to draw straight lines for more soft shadows. hum.. like this - |||||||||| and not like this - VVVVV, hope you see my point. ^^
    It'll take longer, but will be rewarding.

well, cheers for now, keep the updates coming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, cheers for visiting. Try googling for hair tutorials, theres a ton of em so depends which one you catch onto first really. I wouldent start a new sketch book, even though I am guilty of doing that try and stick with this one so people can actually see how far you have come by the 50th page in ya know? As for changing the icon, just replace the first image in the first post. Keep at it, only advice i can give u is practice, draw from references for now and think about everything you draw.

EDIT: oops, just realized I missed the last 3 pages, was replying to the first page. sorry!

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You seem to not be able seperate cartoon from reality,i noticed that when you did your portraits,you use unrealistic shadowing.the skin is very gradiated,it goes from having a soft glow,to having harsh,dropped shadows.that and your proportions are off.But other than that...not bad,ecspecially for being 14/15 years old.Im only 16,and i cant pretend that im the greatest thing,but you should pick up Burne Hogarthe's anatomy books...ecspecially dynamic figure drawing..and facial features.they are great books and they have helped me tremendously.

View My Sketchbook!(Crits are needed)(Looking for a mentor)
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=141481

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay...I haven't really posted here for like 2 years, since I became painfully aware that i sucked. But I'm gonna start posting again (although I'm still not satisfied), since I already have a scanner that's been lying around, and I also need a motivational edge to keep drawing everyday. Also people CRITIQUE the shit out of me, and tell me what I should work on, and do (ex. references I should do, studies, things like programs or techniques I should learn if I wanna make art my career...shit like that)

Thanks

Oh and should I delete all the previous shit?

Last edited by RaistlinTheDark; October 22nd, 2009 at 06:26 PM.
    pld: NEED CRITIQUE! But BEWARE your Eyes might BLEED OUT of YOUR eye SOCKETS <---cause I really suck and haven't done shit pld:
    My Sketch Book!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    K I vowed to try and draw everyday so here it is...

My Sketch Book!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 3