View Poll Results: Choose your Chowracter!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp Radunz

14 29.79%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp howie

3 6.38%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp Paolo13

0 0%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp woodlandwalker

2 4.26%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp vances22

0 0%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp cognitionsb

5 10.64%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp GorgothofSuburbia

0 0%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp Hurricane

28 59.57%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp KennysEvilTwin

1 2.13%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp SubtileSquid

1 2.13%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp EvilSloth

0 0%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp kougansharde

0 0%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp Rosco

1 2.13%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp TroyWilkerson

4 8.51%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp natedogler

0 0%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp ChuckMate

4 8.51%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp Panagos

2 4.26%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp wagon

7 14.89%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp burrito

1 2.13%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp masque

5 10.64%
  • CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp AndrewRitchie

3 6.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp

Thanks
    here is my start

CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp

what do you think for a rough start.
    we will se were it goes.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    testing out a way of doing things.
    lots of fun.
    CHOW #53 - VOTING: Guest Host: Julian Gollop - Topic: X-Com - The Chryssalid - revamp

Thanks
    hey all, thought I'd give this chow a shot, havent been active here for a long while

Here's a wip... the character isn't upright cuz its still hatching out of its host
    Seen that its a chrysalid, I thought it'd sort of make sense to add some torn remnants of wings. And maybe give it a feline attitude, why the heck not And I just realized I'm not to keen on drawing crab-like clawed arms/legs .

"...BUT I'M TRYING, RINGO. I'M TRYING REAL HARD TO BE THE SHEPHERD."

Thanks
    WIP, WIP, WIPPPITTTY, WIP.

Tim.

Thanks

Wip

My entry for CHOW #53.

My aim for this design was to exhibit the parasitic nature of the creature and its origins from a human/zombie host.
    Pincers and exoskeleton features from the original led me to think about the hermit crab. Drawing from that inspiration, I reasoned that the creature need not completely shed its human host, rather, it would be exceedingly horrifying for it to use the corpse of its former host as its "shell", from which several alien appendages would protrude.

The creature walks on four limbs. Two bone/exoskeletal claws on the right side, in the place of the left arm of the human host. The remaining two are the puppeted remains of the host's legs. Host's right forearm and hand have been replaced by an alien pincer. Tentacles protrude from the left side of the creature (where it used to be the groin area of the host) and act as "arms" to grapple things with. Three large tentacles protrude from the front of the creature (right side of abdomen for host) act as sensory devices, and can be perceived as a head for the creature. The creature impregnates opponents by first holding them firm with the pincer, then stabbing one of the three sensory tentacles into the victim, subsequently releasing spores into the body.

Thanks
    Here is mine so far, i dont know if i will get to the ortho or not.

Thanks
    Woah O.o Where did all these entries come from?
    I guess they didn't load as they should have the last time I was here
    Kickass stuff everyone, I can't wait to see them all done!

I only have my initial sketch atm, but ah well.
    I'll be working more on it tomorrow ;D

Peace!

edit2: Ok, here's another pic of the progress.
    It looks boring, and crappy, just like usual >_< I still can't bring them to the next step properly( especially not know, when the current step is unfinished )
    Unfortunately, I don't think that I'll be able to present a full ortho( which views are needed btw? ), but I'll see what I can do.

edit: Sorry guys, but imageshack is being bitchy, so I can't upload my pic
    A link will have to suffice for now.

Thanks
    here's my doodle so far... i hope this deadline is next week because i've got a ton of stuff to finish

Thanks
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 438 Posts

Some ideas

Gonna try and get this one done. Hard enough to try and keep up with the fine work already posted but I'll do my best. Few sketches with pencil and used toilet paper. (At least that's what I'm guessing it used to be). Does anyone use that anymore?

Hurricane: You must be surrounded by monsters in Sweden because no else seems to have the reference that you do. Awesome.

Radunz: Aren't most impregnators phallic? Great sketches.

Working on the SB

Thanks

Chryssalid revamp

Hello. Here is my go at this topic. I am stuck in a cartoon world...sorry.

Thanks
    Throwin' my hat in the ring this time too. With any luck the ortho'll be done by tonight... considering I think this'll be the first ortho I've ever even attempted to complete by a deadline who the hell knows. Never really put together monsters before either so this one was a pretty fun task while also maintaining that humanoid bipedal link.

EDIT: Updated with Ortho, and Head Features. Woo! Merry Christmas everyone! See you monday or something!
    PS: Can't figure out how to link from the CA.org upload, and uh, the Photobucket version gets shrunk every time. Lil' help? lol

Thanks
    Hey everyone, great entries thus far!
    Here's mine. As usual I feel I could've done more, but its all a learning process. Right? Anyhow, hope you guys like it.

The parasitic Chryssalid takes on the physical traits of its host during the larva stage. Because its DNA is alien to all known life forms it is very rare to not develop some form of genetic mutation. The reproductive system is very unique in the Chryssalid in that it is hermaphroditic, although it does need a host to reproduce. This happens in a two-part process: first it inserts its "female part" (the visible part is a stocky hollow tongue like muscle that protrudes from the neck just above the collarbone. At its base it connects to the stomach where busy ovaries produce dozens of eggs at a time. When needed the eggs are accessed by being pushed through a series of muscles in the rib cage and through the "tongue.") into the oral orifice of its prospective host and lays an egg in the chest cavity. Secondly the Chryssalid's "male part" (a long prehensile tube the bares a sharp needle like tip) extends from "the scrotum." It then probes the hosts body searching for and orifice, or soft spot. Once a suitable area is found for penetration the "male part" delicately weaves through the hosts internal organs until it gets near the egg. It then releases a sperm like substance, which both inseminates the egg and causes a chemical reaction in the host to take on zombie like characteristics.

...and that's where baby Chryssalids come from

Thanks
    about 20 minutes worth.
    wish I had the Time to make something more finished. but that`s a luxury now a days....
    We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast