WIP -Dancer in Red - WIP

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry WIP -Dancer in Red - WIP

Hey guys, Since I'm still learning the human body I thought I'd do another WIP for some CC. All are welcome and help will be appreciated

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a bit early to really crit. What i can say now is: you're gonna run into trouble with the legs, as they aren't balanced and pointing in opposite directions. If you have 1 bended knee, you have to make sure the other ones foot is placed solidly on the ground, so the person won't fall over/backwards.

I'm suspecting a weiner, but i also see boob. Guessing you're not going for pre-op transvestite, you need wider hips and a bit thicker shorter legs or no boob and wider shoulders.

The arm is out of wack. Seems detached from shoulder. The neck and head aren't aligned, making sure this person will have major pains tomorrow. The back isn't curving, it's superstiff and straight --> owie too.

Here's a ref for the legs. Here's one that can help with neck/head. And this one might help with the midrif/upperbody. It's a tad small though.

Hope this helped.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Cookiedough, you're comment did help a lot. You are right about everything, however, its not a weiner my fault.
    I've posted an update on what I have so far, I'll work on the body a bit more before I begin putting a dress on her. Thanks Again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there again,

The second attempt is a step into the right direction. But you're not there yet. Far from it. At the moment, your girl is falling backwards. Heavily unbalanced. I'm not sure what dance she's doing and maybe you're thinking of something mid air or i dunno. But i'm gonna presume she'll be performing on solid ground and you're showing a start or finishing pose. So i did a small paintover.

On the left is your drawing. The line in the middle shows how the gravity of the body is divided. Notice how most of the body is falling backwards, cos most of the body is on the left side? And the legs/feet aren't compensating for this. The other doodles are some weird and small attempts to figure out what you wanted with the legs, but i'm still not sure. I redid the your pic and put a balanceline there too. The arrows are more a way of 'reading your flow'.

On the right i did a very superbasic sketch of the upperbody. Just the ribs and pelvis. Think of the spine a bit as hmmm... those tubes that are on vacuumcleaners. It's bendy, within limits. The muscles are in charge of how bendy it'll get. Basically if there's a force pulling on one side, the other side will need to compensate to make sure the body won't fall. I did a small paintover on your lines to get an idea of how the body works in your drawing. See how there's a lot of force on the back and neck and not much on the pelvis? So don't forget to compensate in the next sketch.
    Sorry about the size of this... i just added more canvas to explain.

Hope this helped more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cookiedough you've been more than enough help, thanks so much for taking your time to do this for me. I've been working on the picture recently, not much though, I've been a bit busy with school. I wasn't going to post this next one because of how "messy" it is, it's still in the thought process, but this IS a WIP after all. At first I was thinking of making an interpretive dancer, but now I’m not so sure what I want… (The dress has been changed about 4 times literally, so it could easily change again). Here goes!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.