Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Waka> yeah, his standing in the reins the yellow thing is kind of a counter wieght/armor to the front heavy cow. I will be doing some thumbs soon though Ill focus more on wicker/clay/stone saddles, armor ect. than leather/metal stuff.

Today I did a bit of anatomy - a full study of the back bone, only done it from a front positon (ribs removed). I included my practices as I memorise the more complex pieces (the cervicals and here the T's and L's meet). I feel one or two more sessions like this and ill have it memorised... not sure what help it will be but it's fun to do.

Name:  back_Bones.jpg
Views: 1790
Size:  69.1 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Damn!!! a hardcore bones anatomy kinda fella. I'm feeling very inadequate about now. The saddle idea with ballast is pretty darn novel if I say so my self. I don't think I could ever memorize parts of the skeleton man. You're using more of your brain than I am. AWESOME, Keep it up.

Thanks
    wow....well o.o those are some awesome bones!! if youre not sure if it helps any, I think it does. I mean for one, you can probably draw some of the freakiest zombies now XD

Thanks
    Eek! no remotely average work that I want to show today spent about 5 hours total getting my head around 3 point perspective and all the stuff ive done utterly sucks - wasted day - but I guess I learnt how important diagnol vanising point really are (esspecially when dealing with three potiential horizons). If anyone has some 3 point tips let me know.

Muniz - Thanks, the saddle and stuff is slowly creaping through, but I havn't quite put enough time into it, I hope to soon. Don't feel inadequate I only copied it from reference and only have memorised the general shapes of the atlas, axis, cerivals, T's and L's from a front on direction... ill do a side view soon then ill try some skeleton looking creatures.

SmellyKit - Thanks. Zombies comming soon!!!!

Tomorrow im going to let loose with an environment, all these studies (but more so 3 point) has drained me.

Thanks
    cool anatomy man, would love to see some more thumbs now. or even better, semi finished sketches
    keep up the good work

peace

Thanks
    Waka > Im hitting up some figures tomorrow, though they will prob be sitting in saddles ill try throw a some variation in there.

Today just a quick environment as promised. I let loose really, probably over did (under did?) the atmosphere. Anyways crits ect welcome, tomorrow going to try more poses/proportions.

Name:  veg_sped.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  82.7 KB

Thanks
    nice environment!! but since the sun is shining brightly and the land is elevated from the actual ocean, I dont think it would be so foggy

Thanks
    I did a few poses while away from home. I realised that im missing characters from my main body of work. So im going to continue the divergence from my plans in order to get one up. Never done a full character before so we well see how I go; im giving myself three days. Anyway here are a few poses (no saddle ones though, I forgot).

Name:  poses.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  27.5 KB

SmellyKit>Yeah, I think I had the atmosphere way too bright (trying to guve it that fairy/stocking over the lens like feel - didn't work). Below is a small darkened version (I think it works better).

Name:  veg_spedv2Small.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  7.2 KB

Thanks
    Just knocked this character up, not sure im quite strong enough on my anatomy to do such an unclad figure. Think Ill try a guy in robes.... maybe a kaftan? I can focus on the head more that way.

My upper body anaotmy is mediocre and m hip/leg anaotmy just plan sucks (new done any studies on this area and it shows). Anyway I don't think ill take this further.

Attachment 80993

Last edited by Adam.Katsaros; April 3rd, 2011 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks
    I love the new environment version! looks more solid now!

I really like the poses, they are a lot of fun! But I think the most recent drawing has porportional issues. Hands normally reach the middle of your thigh for example.

keep it up! ^_^

Thanks
    Smelly> Thanks heaps for the support!!!! The darker version of the environment is better (technically) but I think there is something "fairy tale" like about the lighting in the first.... or maybe im just attracted to the pure white flowers. The proportion of my character sucks my biggest problem is the foreshortening of the arms. The left one is meant to be receeding back (hence it not reaching the middle thigh) and the right one has its elbow receeded and bent. I think the soultion is to invest more perspective in my characters rather than try draw of the top off my head.

Anyway heres another character I knocked up (off the top of my head), it is half way done but I think ill ditch it mainly due to proportions not translating well and start a fresh with another:

Attachment 81202

Last edited by Adam.Katsaros; April 3rd, 2011 at 01:04 AM.

Thanks
    Adam, Nice start to your sketchbook. I like the anatomy an spine studies, keep that kind of thing up.

Thanks
    hey, Damn nice enviroment, but the characters looks flat and somewhat stiff, try to do more dynamic poses or render them in moer dramatic light?
    keep at it man!
    fantastic sb

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.