Process thusfar....crit hard
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Process thusfar....crit hard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Process thusfar....crit hard

OK, so I've not taken good advantage of this site for its resources and quality feedback cept when I have a final image to show. I've never saved a step by step of any painting either, so bare with me as I put all this up.

Basically these are the steps up to where I am now in the painting..from sketch, to early colour application, to adjustments to contrast and skin. There's even a close up of the face detail. I have yet to start work on the background. Whatever suggestions , no matter how nit picky, are most certainly welcome

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the details and sweat on the skin! The coloring on the pants is just so sexy!
    I just noticed her eyes seems a tad narrow on the close up shot, and i think the nose can be moved down a little.
    Can't wait to see you finish this!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful painting, my crits would have to be confined to the drawing stage:

Her entire right arm is too long, but especially so in the wrist region... culminated in the fingers being at the wrong angle for the hilt -- and from a purely astetic point of view I would like to see something more interesting in the way of variation of the finger positions.

There is a bit of a colapse of the structure of the shoulder girdle on the left side which flattens the whole left arm as it crosses over.

Elbows appear a bit rubbery, pop out the bone structure a bit more.

Overall the torso is too long... if she were to stand up she would be about 10 heads high.

My bottom line is your painting is very nice, but you need to spend longer on your drawing, checking for errors -- my only note on the painting would be I would love to see more color in the white areas (snow, etc.) in real life these areas are absolutely exploding with every color of the rainbow... my best sugestion is for you to set up a white cloth still life and paint it a dozen or so times, once you begin to see the color it's addictive.

Best,
    Jason.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cheers , jason!

yeah the arms are bothering me too...i will most certainly give her hand another once over.

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow that's looking awesome.. I second Jason about the nose, but besides that I can't really see anything wrong with it..

Keep up the great work o.o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the eyes are a bit far apart from each other or too small

great colour
    thx for the progress

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your style! Thanks for this step by step process. Really apreciated. On the crit side, seems to me that on that close up pic the nose is facing on a strange way, and the chin is too big. I did a quick paint over trying to explain myself better, I hope you donīt mind and could be of any help.

cheers

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You got a greate sense of colour, its livley and fits very well in the over all scheme, great.

But i agree, the eyes are too apart and the light on the nose suggest a diffrent angle than the rest od the face, some light on the face as well disrupst the over all construction of the face. ( i hope i make sense)

But its really greate. keep up.

One Party, One Leader, One Voice !!! We give you a choice - if you dont agree we propose you execution at sight.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.