Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Swen's character factory: Characters, Tutorials & More Characters (updated Aug 23)

Thanks
    Wow, there's good looking stuff in here, your line work has come improved a lot. Can you give the models higher polygon counts though?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Max Challie
    Thank you! The models were meant to be low poly for the project, but I'll probably make some of my own later on because I really enjoy this 3d stuff.

Thanks
    nice work on the study man, try and get some of those cast shadows edges harder and soften up the core shadows think contrast the softer you make say the fur on the trunk feel the the more hard the form on say the legs would feel with a sharp cast shadow, also try and bring in some more desaturated warm hues into the goat just before the form turns to shadow. hope that understandable and thanks for stopping by my sketchbook your advice is always helpful. keep rocking mate.

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice aussie. I forgot completely about this study. Why do I have to add the desaturated warm hues if I may ask?

Thanks
    youve got there some realy .... realy great designs!
    i like moste the Cg shaded samurai ninja....(the guy with the sword)
    Theres a lot of talent working on the canvas....
    Keep up the work!
    greetings aexys
    MY Scetchbook

Greetings from Aexys

Thanks
    This sketchbook is great, you can see alot of your improvement since the start. very good.

Thanks
    Ahhh i just read what i typed and can understand how i confused you by desaturated i meant more saturated then your current hues in the side facing the sun but still very unsaturated compared to the rest of the painting. ahh crap its hard to put into words.

This might help i found your reference. and although the shadows on the reference are quite warm i would probably make them cool for contrast reasons.Your study is more saturated at the highlight and the drops in saturation or Chroma towards the shadow side which is the reverse of what it should do in reality and it is also made up of all warm hues.

eek i hope i made a little bit of sense this time.

Thanks
    Aussiedeza
    Oh I understand your point. I remember reading that in one of the Loomis books a while back. I'll have to double check the saturation of the light and shadow because it's supposed to be the reversed like you said. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hybrid_75 and Aexys
    Thanks! I'll have a look at your stuff soon.

Thanks
    Hey aussie I went back to check that saturation thing and I realized that the shadow is more saturated because of the brown color reflected from underneath it. So I think I was on the right track.

Thanks
    yea dude i wasn't talking about the saturation of the shadow side just the lit side the shadow side is most definetley more saturated. I will try to be more specific with the advice i give in the future because otherwise i will probably do more harm then good . sorry mate.

Thanks
    Aussiedeza
    Don't worry man I get your point.

I finally have time to work on some personal stuff. Here are some studies/sketches I did this week, some paintings to test my new tablet and a illustration for the poster of the final presentation of our chick game. Leave your comments please.

Thanks
    Nice one its great you finally got tablet now i expect shiploads of paintings!!!!.Great job on the Dag in your last pencil good gradiation of values pushing the posterior section further back,I love the blocky bridgeman figure above it too. your page of small sketches is exactly what i have to do myself i tend to go way too big, Something i would like see you do is the opposite of what you want me to do, try some loose sketching with the side of your pencil mate i think you might like it and be surprised with some of the results, all your sketches even thou they are studies feel very tight and need some life brought into them, just an idea as you probably prefer it tighter for modeling anyway later keep up effort as usual..

PS.. that chicken is nutz!!! heh you cant help but look back and forth between that chickens eyes and the guys eyes with physco music playing over in your head.

Thanks
    Thanks man I'm glad you like them. I did do sketches with the side of the pencil in the past but I dropped that a while ago. Now I'm using a 2b pencil which is harder to get very dark tones with in comparison to the wax pencils I usually use. I think using the side would make that even harder. I just prefer a tighter shading over a soft one. I'll just have to start doing a lot of gesture drawings again to give more life to my drawigns and sketches. Thanks for pointing that out. I put a lot of effort into the interaction of the chick with the guy. My colors ended up a little muddy, but I still learned a lot doing this painting.

Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast