Sketchbook: Epic Battle to Greatness
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Epic Battle to Greatness

A friend turned me onto this site and ive decided to post something. I am working as a concept art guy for a game that a couple of friends and i are working on. Amongst my fave artists are Tetsuya Nomura, Takuji Kawano, and most Capcom art guys. Here are a few pics of our main character, Arvalis. The fisrt one is my most recent rendition of him, second is some pose study, and the last one is a real old pic of him that i am only posting because it is colored. Please give helpful critiques for the overall outfit of him for he is almost finalized, so now is the time if he needs an aesthetic upgrade.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If all you wanted was a critique you should have posted this in the critque thread. but it is very good overall.

Realistically, this character will need some sort of armor across the chest to bulk him up just a little or defense. He looks sharp nible and quick. But cant take a solid smash to the chest.

He is like a Cloud Strife make him more into a trooper.

TheRoad

Transition from Art Critic to Artiste - Diligence, that's all I need.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I must say I love the line work.
    He looks like he shields himself with the left arm pretty well, I'd do some experimentation with different colour schemes and combinations, I'd advise not going for the solid black on the shirt like in the coloured pic as it makes his chest disappear to me, though with the new shirt design it looks like you may have already caught on to that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NicoRaven- I will be posting more WIPs, just wanted to get people interested. The reason he doesnt have a chest plate is that his armor is very, very old and pieces have been lost over the centuries. I was trying to go for a fast look, not very bulky.

Andre3es- Yeah he does use his oversized gauntlet as a shield. I did notice that his shirt was lacking, so i mixed up the design a little. I wanted the focus on his amor the most, because it is very important to his story.

Arvalis is a reincarnate of a god, the armor he currently wears once belonged to this god one thousands years before hand. The colored pic of his full plate is quite old now but is my only colored one. This is what arvalis as a god looked like. The last picture is Arvalis' brother, Falx and his full plate. I need help designing a face for falx, so i am open to suggestions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some pictures of another one of my characters, Arkus. He is an assassin of sorts and needs some work on his outfit. These are some recent pics of his new coat, since it is new it could use some criticism.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.