Sketchbook: Furea's status = Newbie Updated "Jan 29 07"

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Furea's status = Newbie Updated "Jan 29 07"

Hey guys! I'm new here. Actually I've registered awhile back and been looking up people's sketchbook here. Makes me feel depressed. Well I thought to myself.. The only way to improve is to get help and critiques from people. Therefore, I've decided to finally show my work.

Well, right now I'm still bad at getting ideas, and my figures are still pretty horrible. Without reference I fall apart. So therefore, if anyone has any advice that will help me get my figures better, please do so Like for example... When i try to draw from my mind, I have this really good idea but then the lack of skills kinda holds me back... Anyways, I've open to critiques and advices so don't hold back.

Last edited by Fureatenshi; January 29th, 2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Updated Thread
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everything looks pretty sweet so far. I'd love for you to post more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some more. I did these in watercolor.

This was just Rapdiograph with like watercolor.

Well I doubt I'll be uploading daily.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everything looks quite fine to me. About drawing from your mind, try to draw a character you like from reference in a different pose and try to add something to it, draw it in a different style.

Keep on posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hah! Found it!

Hi Fureatenshi Thanks for stoppng by my SB. Good start. I like the 1st watercolor in your 1st post. The contour linework is nice and fluid in the 1st and last images, especially.
    What do you mean trash the product? The pencil or your work? As for discouragement, I'm no stranger. I've let off the life drawings because of finances and alot of stupid maintainance crap that can't be ignored and so I save for the next chance. It just takes sticking to a vision and not letting go. You will achieve it. But it does take hard dedicated work at least in the beginning as you form new brain cells and neurons with figure drawing practice. Lets see those life drawings!

Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah, what the.. Hahah. I was thinking about like uploading them today and sending you a link to them... HAHAHA! But anyways now that you've found them *sigh* Lol. I will upload them here today. I have life drawing class today so I will try posting most of the work i'm doing today.. sick.. now i feel like i gotta work harder to achieve a decent quality of work. Hahah. But thanks a lot for dropping by here! I really appreciate it!

But man, it sucks to hear that your letting off life drawing at the moment. Well I hope you will get that chance to life draw again. If not then "google images is your friend!" hahahaha.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Figure Drawing. I've Been trying to get better at them. But I seem to have hit a Plateau. Been trying to study Anatomy and stuff.

2 Minutes

5 Minutes

7 Minutes

10 Minutes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Furea, these are pretty good. Nice gesture and uncluttered forms.
    anatomy IS what will push you to the next level, because, although you have the big shapes in, knowing what the shape of the major frame is (the rib cage and the hips, for ex.) will allow you to construct with confidence AND design the elements of the body. Your core shadow is good, just be more definite (in other words, choose what areas actually turn softly in the light) in how it describes the form it's going over. Keep at this pace and you are well on your way to great figure work.

Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AztcFireFlower
    Hey, Furea, these are pretty good. Nice gesture and uncluttered forms.
    anatomy IS what will push you to the next level, because, although you have the big shapes in, knowing what the shape of the major frame is (the rib cage and the hips, for ex.) will allow you to construct with confidence AND design the elements of the body. Your core shadow is good, just be more definite (in other words, choose what areas actually turn softly in the light) in how it describes the form it's going over. Keep at this pace and you are well on your way to great figure work.

Thanks AztcFireFlower. Yea I need to get the grasp of more Anatomy. Like when I teacher was talking about how it the ex: serratus connects to the clavicle , etc etc. I kinda get how it worked a bit. But sometimes when I see the muscle on the body. I get so confused, like one muscle pops out and I lose the flow.. Haha. But thanks for the encouragement. I will draw some anatomy muscles this week to get a better understanding. Then post them up. Then maybe use my knowledge in class on monday and post the results.

But the thing about shadow... I dunno.. I get the knowledge of shadows, but when I'm drawing the figure. I lose everything.. Haha. It's like I tend to guesswork how the shadow works. Ah.. So frustrated..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice figures furea. forms come off very nicely.

from your pen sketches, try varying the line weights. would add a ton of depth to the backseat car picture.
    keep drawing lots of faces and hands to get them down like your figure drawings.
    really like the watercolours on the puppy pictures, playful style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks n3gative. I will keep that in mind next time. I think I need to pay more attention. Every time I start drawing, I tend to just let me hand flow and hopefully something interesting will come up. Kinda like a hit and miss.. Argh, it's bad.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got the same problem heh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was playing around with Anatomy a bit. Bleh.. It's so hard, especially after the form turns and twists I get confused. Dang, must be my dyslexia kicking in.

Here are also today's poses. The other ones were.. really blah, so I don't wanna post them. But these here are 2's and the other one is a 15.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.