Portfolio Presentation
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Portfolio Presentation

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Portfolio Presentation

How about the portfolio's presentation? I'm about to send out mine this afternoon. I have an 18x24 portfolio. What's the best way to combine different sizes of works and such in this one portfolio size? Do you tape/glue your smaller pieces so they're centered on say a white 18x24 sheet? Put them in the bottom left corner? Seperate portfolio

Also, how do you feel about the pacing of the drawings? Should it be put in by timeline to show artists development, by strongest pieces placed throughout(beginning/middle/end), by styles?

Also, am I thinking too much?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would almost suggest NOT sending your original work out.

Sorry for derailing your initial plans of putting all of your stuff into an 18" x 24" portfolio, but see if the place (I'm assuming it's a school for acceptance) would be willing to accept a digital portfolio. It's MUCH much easier and cheaper sending your stuff out on a disc. Just make sure that after you burn the disk that it reads- play it through on a different computer to make sure reads the way you want it to look.

Preparing it is also a lot easier and it also minimizes the risk of damage to your stuff. It also gives you the opportunity to send many portfolios out to many schools as opposed to waiting for it to come back from one place.

As far as an order, my preferences are to hit 'em with your strongest pieces first (making that first impression!), go into some of your process work and then finish strong again to leave an impression.

Make sense? Hopefully this helps.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I whole-heartedly agree with Dave.

There is almost NO WHERE that will ever, under any circumstances, want you to send your original art (unless it was to be put on display). They don't want you to lose it anymore than you do! Definately do a digital, slide or website portfolio instead. Less shipping, less worry, and much better presentation.

If the school doesn't have guidelines/help on their website, let us know what questions you have about setting a portfolio up and we'll help.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirana
    Less shipping, less worry, and much better presentation.
    The wonders of Photoshop can even enhance an otherwise dull drawing... as well as removing any fingerprints, spaghetti stains and slight imperfections!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.