The Black Cat

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: The Black Cat

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Black Cat

Hiya guys,

I haven't posted any artwork on here in over a year now I think, just enjoy viewing other peoples work! Thought It was time to put one up, this was quite a quick one, it still needs some tidying up, although I like my art to look a bit 'rough around the edges', haha.

Any crit apprieciated, safe!

Chermilla x

Name:  BlackCat copysmall.JPG
Views: 377
Size:  115.3 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love her expresion! but I think her right thumb is very high and out of place, and the right arm is confusing. Looks like broken.

I miss the floor, a place for her to stand, right now she seems to be floating. And I would lower that background. It getting a lot of attention.

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that you've done a great job with the figure. Nice suttle work with the reflections. The left hand is a bit confusing, can't make out the shapes of it. The hair is great, but there is a bit above her left eye that just looks like a bunch of random squiggles. Own your marks, don't just throw some in and hope it works. Right now the hair can be great without them.
    I agree with elpez, the background needs some love. Right now she doesn't feel like part of it and that makes the piece incomplete. Give here something to sit on and maybe grey down the purple a bit.

Great job, I hope this has helped. Let us see some more work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers guys.

Yeah I'm not too happy with the hair and the hands on this piece at the moment. I was thinking of cleaning up the hair and smoothing it out a bit more and getting rid of some of the sketchy bits, make it look less smudged perhaps.

I definately need to work on her arm and hands as well as you have both noticed

I was thinking of changing the background to some kind of cityscape, perhaps she could be sitting upon a wall of some kind?

Once I've worked on it some more I'll post another version up! It was originally going to be part of a set of pictures, I still need to do ones of Carnage and Spiderman, and I might even attempt a Venom as well If i'm feeling extra productive!

Once again thanks for the crit, it's always apprieciated!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Chermilla, I think the picture, with a few minor tweeks could start looking rather good.

The major thing that the balance seems off in numerous places, the hair, way too lopsided / heavy on one side, and there seems to be something coming outta her butt, not sure what, also, the neck area needs a lot more definition, right now it looks like a void.

Also, I'm not too keen on the bg - its a different resolution and its very easy to spot the difference and makes the pic feel disjointed.

Cheers, m.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man
    Hi Chermilla, I think the picture, with a few minor tweeks could start looking rather good.

The major thing that the balance seems off in numerous places, the hair, way too lopsided / heavy on one side, and there seems to be something coming outta her butt, not sure what, also, the neck area needs a lot more definition, right now it looks like a void.
    LOL, that made me chuckle. That's actually the sole of one of her feet, because she has them up in the air behind her.

Thanks for your comments Magic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The smudge is way too heavy, it makes the hair and fur looks spiky rather than fluffy and soft. Add thinner strands around will help to create a more realistic effect.
    I like how her face looks, but the feature is rather blurry right now, try to define the edges a little better and see how that work out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As everyone has already posted... face is a bit blurry, thumbs a bit off... But I do enjoy the features of her face, and the position and movement in her body. I also suggest adding a bit more contrast in the necklace, around the underside of her hair, and along the edging of her boots.

Great piece either way, this is amazing work! Nice come back post to the forum

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thankyou Serena.

As soon as I get some free time from work, I'll get back to work on this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Chermilla

Nice work on the black cat, i really like the pose very much and i like the face.

The technique you used on the hair is very nice and i think quite origional...... nice to see someone drawing some comic characters.

keep up the good work....... ps. the thumb is fine it is a damn comic book character not a oil painting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    along with what has been pointed out already, i think that her left boob is drastically smaller than her right. I know that women usually have one breast larger than the other, but that's generally not a major sized difference.

can't wait to see the updated version!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, nice comment about the boobs Dose, I think it's where you cannot see the remainder of the outline due to the black PVC outfit, so I'll add a highlight of some kind there to emphasise it more.

Thanks Chaoscreator! All of your comments have really helped me see the main areas that I need to focus on for the next draft.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey awsome stuff! you defeinately captured the mood and all. in terms of fundamentals i think theres quite a bit of stuff bothering me. real real real easy to fix tho... first off, the head seems a bit bigger than the general body. you can easily fix that by copying the layer and free transforming JUST the body (making it longer and maybe drastically wider)... and while your doing that i suggest you move the body up just a tad because her head is like 1 1/2 heads away from the nipple(in my opinion it looks akward) instead of 1 full head... better yet! try playing around with forshortening by lining up her mouth directly above her left nipple and lining up with her shoulders... i hope you don't mind me showing you an example with your own work cause i really liek this picture .. other than that you really gave personality to this character.. i hope i helped

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Maerrick; January 5th, 2007 at 06:59 AM.
    Just draw your ass off. Whatever you do, don't -- stop -- drawing...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's great cheers!! Yeah I wanted to bring her head closer to her body because I see that her neck looks too long. Thanks for the advice and showing what you mean in a picture, it really helps!!!

I'm itching to get back to work on this now but I'm stuck at work, and I'm away all weekend so can't get back to my PC till next week!!! So annoying, coz when I get a creative urge I need to release it, haha. Think I'm gonna have to buy a sketchbook and pencils when I'm away this weekend to satisfy my craving!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stuck at work? Pfft...what do you think sick days were invented for? Getting sick?!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.