Thanks

digital portfolios

i want to make a nice digital portfolio to send to the collages im applying to.( my father has been lecturing me on presentation ever since i could remember, so i want to put something nice together.) i have very little experience in web design , and just wanted to know how hard something like this would be to pull off. also if any one has a forum for web design or tutorials on it, that would be much appreciated.

what i want is my info on the top, thumb nails of the work on the side with a scroll bar and whne you click it it brings up the enlargements and the paintings info on the bottom

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    that sound good mike thanks a lot.

oh and also im not really looking to put this on the web right now. just onto a disk to send off. do you think that would be ok?

Thanks
    Thanks mike

I got a question too, as I have been meaning to get my act together.
    How much does a website cost? With enough bandwidth just to show pics.. I don't want to use a free one, I just want "www.justinoaksford.com" which I doubt any large corporation or independently wealthy individual would want.

How do I go about "buying" it? Do you purchase the domain name, and then the service from 2 different places? I am so in the dark about this, I feel like I'm using the internet for the first time.

Thanks
    a webhost will useualy cost 5 bucks a month for more that you will need in resourses such as bandwidth and space
    and you can get domains at godaddy.com for like 10 or 12 bucks a year
    not sure how to add my sketchbook as a link but heres wher eits at yo
    Foodogs sketchblog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    domain costs like $7 a year.. and as for hosting it depends.. mine costs me $1 a month.. had them for over a year and been good so far. you can purchase from two different places.. it's quite easy..

Thanks
    I'd strongly suggest purchase the domain seperately, cause there had been lot of cases where people decide to switch their host, and lost their domain names because the host decide to discountinue their domain policy too.
    godaddy.com is a good place to get your domain name, and you can set it to auto-renew to avoid expiration and losing it.

Hosting varies, cheap ones can go as low as $2 or 3 bucks a month, but usually a $5/month is more than enough for a personal portfolio site.

and for people who want to look up something with HTML, CSS, etc, http://www.w3schools.com is one of my frequent sites, as well as http://www.sitepoint.com/ , though the latter one is not as step-by-step compare to the first one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts