Animation classes/school/uni in Europe? What do you recommend?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Animation classes/school/uni in Europe? What do you recommend?

Okay, the thing is;
    I'm on my last 5 months of what people outside Norway would call "high school" now, and I have to start thinking about what to do after it. I really need help with this, and it would mean a lot to me if you took a few minutes of your time to give me some pointers and ideas where I can go study.
    What I would like to learn is somewhat animation, but I've always loved character design the most. I've also gotten a interest in learning 3D, and the "best animation/3D schools" in Norway has nothing to offer for me. It's like Norway is way back in history of design and animation that it just looks like...crap.

So, my question is to you, what school would you recommend for me? Is there anything in England, Germany, Spain etc that has good quality schools that isn't too hard to get in on? Even if it's just classes or...similar. Name them all. And, it would really help if you had any personal experience with whatever school you might have in mind.

It would really help a lot, because right now I'm completely clueless. =/

- Cam

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We have one student at Max the Mutt who is from Sweden, and we've accpeted 2 for '07 from Iceland. We've never had an applicant from Norway! Take a look at our web site, www.maxthemutt.com. If you're interested, fill in a lead form on the website, or email us at admissions@maxthemutt.com. Let me know if you'd like to communicate with some of our students from abroad. Toronto is a good, international city, our program is outstanding and tuition is very affordable. Our first year program would give you the basic drawing and painting skills you're going to need.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much, I'm looking at the website now, and it looks awesome! I will definably look further into it! *reads*

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gobelins in Paris is perhaps the best animation school in the world. But it's EXTREMELY competitive, and speaking French is a must. I hear that The Royal College of Art in London is pretty good as well, but I also think it's competitive.

Have you thought about studying the US and Canada? Sheridan in Canada is amazing, but extremely competitive. There are many animation schools in the US as well, all at different levels of competition when applying.

-bloaty

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too bad I failed French class, then. :o

I've been thinking about US and Canada, yeah, but I just wanted to check if there was any schools closer to me that I could try first. But of course, all options are open!

Thanks for your reply, I will look further into this Sheridan

Members who have read this thread: 1