Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The search for the missing link

Thanks
    Great work, I cannot wait to see how your character of the week turns out. Umm I guess you come here for critique as well? If I had anything to add it would have to be maybe proportions? Your first few updates and a couple after that could use better proportions. Other than that kicks ass. Wish everyone would give critique, thats why people post here I think right?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hykuri-thanks, yea, i really need to find some time to do some more cartoony/lighthearted/fun stuff. getting a little tired of all the serious stuff i have been doing.

Jay_Gunz-thanks, i am alway looking to make my work better/get crits. i agree on the proportions, this summer i am really focusing on trying to get my sense of anatomy down.

here is my finnished chow entry (boy do i have to work on feet....they suck bigtime) and a couple of doodles.
    Blog: My Blog

Thanks
    here is a master study i am doing off of a sargent painting. i am having a really hard time getting details/and or painting in general on the canvas paper i am using. the first one is my copy and the second is a scan of the sargen painting. it is either that canvas paper sucks or i am an idiot for not gessoing the paper before i started painting (most likely the latter).

Thanks
    here is my CHOW entry, Soul Collector
    The search for the missing link

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I'd really like to see that painting when you finish it; a word of warning, though,- check the size of her head against the middle panel of the fireplace in your version. To me, it looks smaller in your version than in the original. I can see why you want to attempt it, though,- all those glorious textures! As unfinished as your painting is, it still caught my eye as I scrolled down the page. Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks
    alesoun-thanks, your right the head does look small. i was moving my line for the bottom of the head but in the end it looks like a shadow under the head; that mark that looks like a shadow was supposed to be the lowest point on the head though it does look like a shadow.

havent updated in a while becuase i went on a trip to Vegas and started my summer work, thought i promis i have been drawing still. here are some sketches that i did while at work. Also, i have abandoned my sargent copy because i hated the canvas paper, it was taking too long, and i think i can work better/faster on illustration board. instead i downloaded a trial of corel painter and decided to do the master copy on the computer (it's on another computer so i will post the wip tomorrow). over the weekend i will start a new sargent copy in oil.

Thanks
    here is what i have so far with my painter sargen copy

Thanks
    here is an update on my sargen copy

Thanks
    The painting is coming along nicely. Pencils look pretty nice too. I think going further on a few more of your sketches will give you a few more "ways" to approach different topics. Try hatching a whole sketch, or using just shadows to make a sketch. Not saying you need the work, just wanting to see if you can branch out to different "ways" of sketching/drawing/digipainting/painting

Thanks
    Whooo!!!!! Second page! It only took me over for months to get here

Stark-deffinatly right about my drawings. I tend to find one way of doing someting and will then only do it that way. i am trying to incoporate different types of marks in my drawings.

here are some more bridgman studies.

Thanks
    Hey, I just wanted to say to comment a bit about your work.

I was a student at Pratt in the 2 year program for Illustration (just graduated) and wanted to say that I think you're making good progress. It's nice to see that you're really trying, and are willing to take criticisms like you're doing. Illustration isn't easy, and as long as you keep your attitude like it is now, you have an edge over a lot of people.

I didn't take a lot of time to really study your drawings, and I apologize for that but one thing that is important in illustration and that I hope your teachers have emphasized is process. Process, process, process.

I guess I can comment more clearly on that when I see your next Illustration up, but at the moment I feel like you haven't gotten everything tight on your stages. What I'm trying to get at is, that for each stage you should have all your problems checked out to a satisfactory degree so that you don't run into problems.

I'm trying to keep this short so sorry if my comment is a little vague/confusing. I'll be sure to comment more in the future.
    Ajani Oloye: Illustrator----> http://www.ajanioloye.com

Sketchbook

Thanks
    naji53-Wooo! someone from Pratt! congradulations on graduating, (i got one more year). your deffinatly right about my process (or lack there of). i sometimes get exited when staring in illustration and move on to the next stage before i should. though i have been trying to slow down and spend more time on my work. i checked out your website, i love the graphic look your work has, some of it has a cut out paper look that i really like. thanks for the advice.

fist is a drawing to comemorate the start of page two of my sketchbook. the face is a little too cartoony and some issues with the breasts but i am mostly happy with it. last is my new sargent master copy wip in oil. this one is going MUCH better than the first two. gessoed illustration board is WAY better than canvas paper

Thanks
    here is another drawing i did today and my finnished sargent master copy

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast