Art: Angel pic with red moon
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Angel pic with red moon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angel pic with red moon

A while back I posted the sketch of this one. Dunno know if anyone cared much to look at it but here is pretty much the final version of it. I have another version without all the effects of rain and stuff in case i decided it was all too much. This is the first time ever that i have tried to do a cg in any other style other that anime so I can only hope that I did a decent job. Im only 14 anime is just wut in into right now.. heheh. but I think I might do more pics like this 1 if ppl like it.

:evilbat:

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve immortality by not dying.

^NeoSavior^
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

O.O

it's wierd how the picture im most proud of gets no comments r crits

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve immortality by not dying.

^NeoSavior^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like it but you can push it further - add textures it will really bring this piece out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its weird u're proud of it ;P

yes. english isn't my native language

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NeoSavior007
    Welcome to the forum.

you might want to expand your colour pallete, but first you should try to do some shading exercises in B/W with simple geometric forms.

www.robertomarchesi.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah
    work on the anatomy
    lets work on it together :-1

we both need a lotta work ;/

peace

yes. english isn't my native language

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ill`Be ~ i think i have every right to be proud of it considering that was my first time using photoshop, i dont think it turned out too bad.

endregan ~ im not totally sure wut u mean by textures...

R_M ~ ya it could use more color i suppose... i realize that the shading of the angel doesnt work well XD i dint reallt know wut my light source would be when i started to color it...

thanks for your thoughts... hopfully my next 1 will be better...

^NeoSavior^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not bad but you're rushing things. I mean, you haven't nailed value, composition, or anatomy.. yet you're trying to tackle all of them PLUS colour.

Look at the black and white stuff at http://www.jamesryman.com for good value work.

I find it strange that you're proud of it. Not many artists are proud of their work. If being proud of a piece gives you determination for the next then good on you. But don't feel too proud since crits like mine will be like a stake through a vampires heart.

To me you're trying to learn to run before you can walk.

There's no place like bed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

>.>

i think that anyone should be proud of their work no matter how uhh.. bad it may be...
    im proud of it because i did it and it is one step farther than my last pic.... and my 2nd 1 will be better coase ill learn from the first 1.. i dont mean proud as in haha i rule *big head*... i mean proud as in im getting alittle better good for me... i know i still got a long way to go...

I do tend to rush things... but also i never really knew where to start learning this... like i said in the past my pics were all anime and this style is a wee more complex to me O_o. im not even entirly sure wut value and composition are lol. one can only keep trying

^NeoSavior^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by NeoSavior007
    ...doesnt work well XD i dint reallt know wut my light source would be when i started to color it...
    You also need to work on your spelling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loosen up people.

NeoSavior007 : Anime you say ? Why this is a valiant effort. As it has been mentionned before, you might want to push more sketches on the study of anatomy. It doesn't has to be cool or fantasy or anything but just for the sake of understanding what's going on beneath the skin. Where the bones poke trough, where the muscles are, how they're constructed, etc.
    Once you wear your eyes and fingers doing that, you can look around for some colour theory and do your own colour exercises too. Remember ; shadows, most often then likely, will NEVER be black. Check out all the 7 (if memory serves well) types of contrasts possible to have a broader palette.
    Don't forget to put a lightsource in your piece and stick to it when you lay shadows.

Don't give up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beer Baron ~ its called a typo you nerd

egerie ~ thank you very much for your advice. i have a pretty good idea of were muscles are from drawing dragonball z fanart for 2 years . but i kinda got bored with that though and i suppose thats a lil different huh? ^__^ ill try it.

^NeoSavior^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    when i said texture i meant values u know. different tones of colours and such to give it depth. oh and btw Pride is a sin. dont forget!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by NeoSavior007
    i have a pretty good idea of were muscles are from drawing dragonball z fanart for 2 years . but i kinda got bored with that though and i suppose thats a lil different huh? ^__^ ill try it.
    no.. no... NO. NO ! NO !!!!!!! Get reference from life and anatomy books not from the interpretation of the body from an artist ! Reality is your best teacher. Not what another artist understood and has learnt from it !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DragonballZ anatomy is wrong.....horribly...those biceps scare me now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That ain't a typo, a typo is one or two words spelled wrong because the person who printed something you wrote messed up...

The first thing they ever told me at the Art Institute of Dallas was NO ONE wants to see anime...every teacher said that. Take the advice about learning from real life and then create your own style and method of recreating reality..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :eek:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first off: you ppl and your picky ways of how I should type... get over yourselves.

yea DBZ anatomy is pretty messed up... thier neck is nearly bigger than thier heads and they are so ripped they should pop.

i know a minor amout of detail of the male anotamy and close to 0 of the female one...exept for arms maybe... anotamy is sumthing i gotta study on... will probably learn alot about it in my advanced art class when school starts back.

the people in japan like to see anime, O_o... they even have big schools for learning how to do anime... that stuff is everywhere there... and i like to see anime... but like i said im trying to move past it.

:evilbat:

^NeoSavior^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "The people in Japan likes to see anime".
    Dude, go to Japan. It's only the kids and the Geeks who like anime. Manga is widely accepted but if you're over 15 and look at anything other than the big Gihibli blockbusters, then you're most definatly a geek (geeks are extra scary in Japan, trust me).

I know people say they are all in love with anime, and true there are a lot of anime or animation in general compared to other countries. But most of them grow out of it in Highschool if not earlier. Those gamehalls are very popular tho.

I know a guy who said he was gonna find a animecourse in Japan, I told him to try to look for some normal anatomy classes cus that's what he needed. Needless to say there were no animeclasses to find at all. Their art classes in school are usually Very traditionally aimed. I'm talking about doing studies of bust-statues for ages to learn value, before you even start painting.

I'm sure there are animation schools, but drawing your general out-of-the-box manga is not gonna help you. They drown in that shit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont plan on drawing anime for the rest of my life. And I'm not so sure that every adult there that does anime is a Geek... Most of the people who worked on Lunar didnt look like geeks to me. Though some of the others...
    But it's not a big deal anyway... no matter wut I draw right now I cant get a job... like I said I'm 14 so that makes the job finding thing a little hard.
    And I dont focus on anime, for instance I made a total of $34 during school this year drawing portraits for people. And this fruit basket I painted won 1st place in its area in a big art show around where I live called "A Day In The Park". None of that is anime.
    Yea Im pretty sure art classes in Japan dont focuse on anime any more than the art classes in the US focus on comic books. And I once found the website for a school in Canada that teaches anime and our style(wutever the name of American syle is) of comic books>

^NeoSavior^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.