Hi, new here with three pics

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi, new here with three pics

Hiyah,

pretty new here so I don't know anyone here. Which hopefully will change in the coming future.

I need some advice considering skin tones. Having really bad skin problems so to speak. All these links are to the picture in it's original size. I don't work very big because of my computer and it's crappy processor.

A woman I am trying to draw for my friend, and also a practice in drawing more female bodies.
    Some woman(the main skin problem)

This picture I am having problems with drawing the sea and rocks. The sea looks more like grass than water.
    I am actually making my own castlevania fan art

Castlevania fan art

The last one is more of a study of light and hopefully values, I tried to blend an alien with the hydralisk weapons
    Alien

thanks in advance

Hokuchou Kuma
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    maddog2002 Guest
    ok, first, i am new here, so, don´t take my opinion too serius... hehe

the first i see.... is the lack of detail... the there is the issue about the female face proportios, i am refering to the first pic, it looks like the nose is more to the left side of the head then it should be... tri drawind an egg-like form to represent the head, the draw a line across the half of the head, and a line across the head verticaly, that way you´ll have an idea where the nose and eyes should be.....

then in the second one, the castlevania one, the i see a lack of perspective, and that makes the horizon look too close to the front, therefore making it look smaller then it should be... try drawing the horizon line first, then take one point in the horizon, and start taking line from there down, spreading like sun-lightrays, those lines will give you an idea of how far the horizon is.... and how to draw around...

in the third one, i see pretty much round shapes... and again lack of detail... perhaps that is what you wanted... but some greeble to that aline would habe aken it to another level.... (like the ones in the movies hehe ...)... the contsrast in light is good... but i think light should spread a little around... i mean, like GI in 3d... or "surface scattering"... any way, don´t take that last one serius... not realy an expert there... hehe... ...

that would be all....

un saludo.... :chug:

bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply and comments,

I agree with the first picture, I am currently trying to work on it and have made some improvements(hopefully) since I posted here. I'll try to upload it as soon as I think it's improved enough.

About the Castlevania pic, hehe now that you mention about the perspective I figure how fucked up it is. Incredible how blind I could be about it and how I could forget about it. Thanks for pointing it out This also points out that I should practice more perspective drawing as I suck at it.

The third picture is just an early rough, haven't spent that much time on it but mostly trying to get the feel of contrast and lighting. I am trying to block in the shapes before I go into some details.

Thanks for the feedback

PS: I really need to bash my head into the nearest wall for forgetting perspective, hehe.

Skal :chug:

Hokuchou Kuma

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi - my name is killing.people
    thank you for showing us your work!
    hope to see more, ill be keeping my eye out for it.
    this site is great for an isiring artist like yourself - it can give you motivation, inspiration, and lubrication for the elbows.

-killing.elbows
    *rub*rub*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi there and... welcome

I've had a look at your pics and they all show a lot of dedication and you seem to like doing this - witch is the most important thing.
    Then.. I have to go on with some advices.
    First I think you should draw from life more - try to draw a face - do your self portrait - this is the best lesson I've ever got - And i've got it from here at Conceptart.
    Then... try to post your pics so we can se them from the first - you'll get more feedback if the people can see them when they reply.
    I'll be looking for more! Keep it up!

Oblio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Killing.People: Thanks, I love places like these where people gather around to show, help and seek company. Hopefully I will post more here(I am a dreadfully slow worker since I am still going through the learning process )

Oblio: You are absolutely right, my biggest vice is how lazy I am at drawing from real life, I am currently thinking of taking some portrait lessons in the local community school. So far I have only drawn one portrait, a self-portrait in watercolor that doesn't scan very well. The reason I put up links instead of the IMG tag was to be more gentle on the modem people, but I know what you mean. Thanks

Hokuchou Kuma

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wait...

Going to clases is real good - but you can start here!

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...s=&threadid=31

Go all the way trough that thread and you'll see what I mean!
    As for the modem people... you are realy right - even that curiosity will kill the bandwidht anyway. The solution is to post smaler pics - there is no need for pics bigger then 500x500 pixels unles you put a tone of details like Cyrano had in the 2-nd thunderdome.
    So.. draw more, post more and you'll get there! I promise!

Oblio

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.