Collaborative Team Thoughts
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Collaborative Team Thoughts

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Collaborative Team Thoughts

im always curious about the "collaborative team projects", especially the ones on CGtalk (for cinematics). I was about to join the star craft one, but decided against it as i wouldnt have any time to complete the projects (at least right now). so i backed out.

now, im just wondering how something like this works as i might just want to start one up in a few months. so on with the ?s

1:
    i know they are unpaid, and it is usually work on it when you have free time type deal, etc etc. this means the artist that did one model (for example a character) is allowed to use that model in their demo reel/portfolio (which im totally cool with). i was just wondering if other Collab teams make people sign something saying that they cant?

2:
    Say for example, you have about 100 people working on your idea. from the concepts, editing of the script, to the modeling, animating and what not; then for some reason, the 10 minute clip everyone made was a hit and someone was interested in buying the idea (for examples sake, a movie company wants to make this idea into an actual movie). do the 99 others who helped bring your idea to life get a cut? or does the one who had the original idea from the get go get all the credit? this has always been on my mind...not saying that im gonna have a kick ass idea and make millions...but if you DO actually want to try and sell the idea, you cant really have help from others from others for free, can you?

i would like to start a collab. team project, and i do have high expectations for it, but i want to make sure of everything first.

an example of what i would like to accomplish (not exact, but just to give you an idea):

- a 10-15min cinematic of a story in mind
    - if that doesnt work, then a book visualizing my ideas by OTHER artists and myself.

something like that.
    so if the book was to be made, all the artists would be given full credit for their pieces, etc. but would i be able to sell a script with that very book? i guess thats the main question.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Something doesn't sound right with this idea...

How about the artist creates the image and then sells it for big cash. Of course, you get the credit...but this way the artist gets the money!

One thing you could do...go to college/unis with art programs...perhaps you can work out something where the students work for you in exchange for school credits.

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.