Sketchbook: Envisors' daily concepts and sketches - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your anatomy studies with the hands (and the figures) have an awesome line quality to them, maybe try to get that same quality in your sketches? Your studies are really great so maybe you can try to build characters on top of the studies because your character designs are good too but they just lack structure.

Here is my sketchbook--->http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87705

Crit the crud outta me, please!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude,your a machine,that hand is damn good,I think the pointer's a bit off though,I tried to replicate it but couldn't get my fingers to bend like that(without braking 'em of course).Good stuff all around,keep it up!

EDIT:Ah,I figured out why the pointer angle looks a little weird,it's because the nail isn't well defined,just darken it a bit and you'll be set.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks again.look arund my sb again,i posted a couple more after your comment.I used prismacolor pencil(white and crimson red)and black pen.

Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Epik- Thx for the input and C&C. Been trying to do that.
    Notorious K.A.B.- Yeah the index fingers nail isnt defined enough. porbably because i did the line art from my hand, then I shaded it it without reference.
    JoeEffect- Hey, thanks man. I just reposted in your sketchbook about 10 mins ago.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks4comments dude,and the links too.c.you around.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for wicked compliment in my SB!

As usual your pencil sketches are radiply improving. All I can say is 'dont stop, keep the ball rolling' No doubt you will any way.

Post 193 of the two side profile portraits, really caught my eye! Loving it!

C&C welcome
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=84532&page=10

'Iam what Iam' - Popeye The Sailor Man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Envisor!

Last hand study is great. Nice improvement; Bridgeman studies are good too;
    darkchild is right about the lines though. Either you are using a crappy paper, or you are not sharpening your pencil enough. Sometimes the lines don't seem to be confident and they are really grainy. This kinda blurrs the whole work you put in your stuff, so keep an eye on that.

I don't have to say keep it up, cause i know you will. You are driven...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very impressive hand sketch!! You lines look way better than before. If you don't mind me asking how long did you spend on this piece? It looks like you spent your time and got as much detail as you could with it. Definitely need more studies with this kind of effort placed into them. *standing ovation* Keep them coming!

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JoeEffect- Dont worry about man, any time.
    AK86- Thx man.
    Sonaj- Thx man. Actually, i just dont sharpen my pencil. Im starting to do that, this next post, I put a lot of work into.
    darkchild- Thx. The initial line sketch took about 15 mins. Then I decided to shade it not using ref, that took about another 45 min. Then i touched up some problem areas, which took about another 15 mins. I still need to work on it tho. So the whole piece about an 1 hr 15 mins. I think.

Self Portrait for my portfolio. C&C please.

Last edited by Envisor; July 6th, 2007 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you have a fantastic variety going on here! I really think that when you have your CCAD review that they will really love the fact that you have so many figure sketches and studies of anatomy~! If you have any more paintings or pastel works I'm sure they would like to see those too.

Keep up the great work and also, with CCAD, presentation is key~! So don't go in with works that are beat up and torn, make sure they are mounted or matted pretty well and carry your pieces in a nice portfolio case~!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man! hows it going? your stuff is getting better and better, jeez! although, i've noticed that you can be insecure about your hands and feet in terms of your figure drawing. although i can tell that you're really starting to use those figure studies. have you ever heard of the vilpu manual? pretty good book. oh yeah and theres this book called "force".

anyways, keep it up, friend.

p.s. dont be afraid to draw feet and hands even though they're just basic shapes. they just make your drawing feel complete. =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Superb studies man, keep it up! From what I see here, animals seem to be your strong point. I recomend working on some gestures. This is one thing that I do that helps keep things fluid. I noticed fuidity it your anatomy studies. You should work on flowing that over to your other pieces. I noticed that you started to do this in your last couple of posts. Keep it up bro.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work on your life drawing studies! I see lots of improvement over the course of your sketchbook. Keep working on your line quality and figure gestures and use what you're learning from your figure studies on your imaginative figure work.

Are you using a variety of pencils for your drawing? or just one? I highly recommend using a combination of soft and hard pencils to get a full range of values.

Keep up the good work and thank you for taking the time to visit my sketchbook.

Grim Reaper is offline I stared into the void last night,best dream I ever had Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I see you're studying hard mateKeep up the good work. Two words of advice for you though:
    1.Propably you already know that but the best pencil is mechanical pencil. I couldn't work without it. I'm using 2b 0.5 mechanical pencil and I would recommend it too 'coz it allows you to draw really great details. For shading it's good to use normal old-style very soft pencil(I went for 9b myself).
    2.I see you haven't got photoshop or any graphic program available to use...And they're very good to pump up the contrast and brightness-just what your drawings need. I'd recommend to download one if you can't afford it just yet. It would do your pictures a lot of good I think.

Other than that- there is that gnome that keeps coming back on your pictures- is there some story to it?

Grim Reaper's Dark Art Sketchbook:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...r%27s+dark+art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zoroko Thx for the tips and the comments. Hope I get in, I have to get the portfolio in in the next week, So Ill probably be pumping 1 or 2 pieces a day for it. Thats what i get for waiting. Not really waiting, just honing my skills.
    theredshoe- Thx for the C&C man. Ive been going by Kevin Chens work to help my figures, i defifintily need to start finishing some of my figures tho.
    Azrael- Thx for the C&C. Gestures will be coming after I finish my portfolio and send it in.
    TomCardin- Thx for stopping by man. And the C&C. I usaully use 2 or 3 pencils, but I have to step it up and use about 5 or 6 to get some better contrast and values.
    Grim Reaper- I use the mechanic pencil rarely anymore, but I do miss the crazy detail that I can acheive with it. The Gnome, I used an 0.7 mechanical on it. And also the Ogre on the second page. Ill be using it more often. The gnome was an Idea from way back, had a D&D character back in middleschool that I wanted to draw again. I sure love to look thorugh those books, but I miss the 2 nd series of D&D books. Much better pictures in them to me.

Well, it might be a little while before I post again. I have to upgrade my Nortin Antvirus Security by today, but I have no money to get it,and the parents are low on money as well. Hopefully this wont last but a couple of days or so, might be able to borrow from my brother, but hell be away till late tommorrw or sunday morning. Hope to see you guys soon, feel free to talk behind my back about my pieces, but post the comments and crit the hell out of them as well. Peace!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright guys, Im back.
    Sorry, no updates yet for ya all. Hopfully in the next couple of hrs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are character concepts, wanted to to start a new story, about 2 best friends who get thrown into an alternate dimension, but on the way there, they both get different powers that impower them, one to be cursed with the body of a dragon and the other....... Hmmm! Havent thought it all the way through yet, well thats enough jabbering, heres the pics, not finished yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, just thought I'd try and not be a total jerk and never respond to people...
    I can certainly see some improvement over the course of this book. It looks like you put in the work, with all this stuff here, and that's the most important part, the one that most people just wanna skip. A couple little observations: Like some others said in here, you should really think about hitting the contrast harder. Find a spot you know should be super dark, and just make it dark. Then, you will see how low contrast everything else looks in the drawing. Also, keep in mind that contrast guides the eye. If you have tons of stuf in a drawing that's all begging for attention, people aren't gonna know where to look, so save your darkest darks and lightest lights to make things look really sweet.
    The other thing, a lot of your imaginary characters are pretty stiff, like you could just draw a straight line through their spine. Try to get some more movement into things by thinking about their line of action. I also agree that you could stand to explore some other tools; drawing is tricky enough as it is, so why not make it as easy as you can to get good results.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, good work, i like the dragon he has a particular face...nice studies. it seems you work constantly. sometimes some of the sketches look a little pasted, is for the scanner or the camera, or the pencil was done in that way?
    because would be interesant to look more precisly your sketches, for example the gnomo,very much of the desing is lost for the grey appareance...and is a really nice design...so, i don't know if make sense what i said... keep it up...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    John T- Thx man, been a while since anyone has given such an honest critique on my work. All I can say is that Im here to improve and I will work my hardest to do more and hopefully less dull dynamic pieces. Probably should work from reference at first to get the hang of it right. Thx again man.
    DIMAGYAN- Thx, Yeah my characters have always kinda sucked due to the value I put into them, but Im hoping to get rid of that grey look and get to a more stylized look. You and John T had a similar replies. So Ill be working on those problem areas.

Man I love getting my ass kicked. I just wanted to thank all you guys who have came by to help me along and also those who have stopped by just to look. I really appreciate the push toward being a better artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a quick character design, going to redraw this one to put im my portfolio. I know its not a very good pose, but just looked cool enough to post.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Went to the store with my dad, drew this on the way back home. another sketch I want to redraw.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah,there you go very clear lines!Nice,expressive too,push the contrast a bit more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These last few are really good. Handstudies are great too! Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your proportions are a bit short, Mainly its the male character with that robot arm. Since you never took a drawing class (at least I do not think) You must understand the law of proportions. No single artist could explain this better than Burne Hogarth, the rule is simple you baee everything off the measurments of the head, usualy the body is 7 and 1 half heads long. Use a ruler and measure it out correctly before hand so you know where to place everything. Also a character model pack might do you some good as well. That would be Front, Profile and 3 quarter views all lined up perfectly next to each other using a ruler. This is how a character is designed from head to toe, it also gives you better structure for your character. His legs are short. I hope this helps.

-Revolver

Please view and critique my...
    SketchBook

Creed-Never die.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Figures are looking good. I like the red pencil sketches best from page 4. And I think doing studies of hands like you've done recently are also a great direction. Structure is the most important part of understanding the function/shape of humans. Keep on keeping on!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thought I'd drop in after the weekend. Nice self portrait looks like you took a bit more time and did more rendering on it. I like this one the best: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1171163144

Finish this concept if you have time. It looks great. has a great angle and pose. Love that sword also. Also if I may suggest, try different angles on your characters. Most of your concepts (not your figure studies) have been from a traditional 3/4 view either of the left or right. Try dead on and top down or worms eye. You know, vary it a little to give yourself a kick. I know that sometimes we get comfortable in drawing one view. Anyways, keep up the great work!

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, you stuff has really improved since the lat time i was your stuff. i especially like the anatomy studies. your drawings seem to have only 3 values, the white of the page, a mid-tone, and dark. try to add more values to your drawings.

Blog: My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Notorious K.A.B.- Thx man.
    Hazart- Thx
    Cold revolver- Thx for the C&C, will be working on my proportions, i never used to draw legs hardly, and just started about 5 months ago. Sucks, but now i love to draw the whole figure and Im pretty much fascinated with hands as you could probably tell.
    sabe2003- thx man, doing good yourself.
    darkchild- Thx man, yeah i know my characters are lacks, probably is why some stars are eluding my SB. Ill be working on more dynamic poses and Ill be puttimg a finished cahracter sketch from the one like in my protfolio and in here as well.
    themissinglink- Thx man, will be trying out more values.

Sorry guys, no updates at the moment. Soon.........sooooon......... veeeeerrrrrryyyyy sssssoooooonnnnn! HAHAHAHAHA! Well back to the drawing board. C-YA!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your tone work is getting very tight on some of these pictures, I especially like the hand drawring. The sp is nice too. Stick with it on some of the character pictures though.

The Nameless Ones
    NJord-E55
    iolarnula
    Apocalypse Rex
    Invinciblewombat
    Wake101
    Q-Caddlewick
    "Draw till your hands a bloody stump then learn to draw with your teeth."

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1