Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks

Am's sketchbook *update 1 sep.*

So, I've been studying classical drawing for 5 months - so It's time to get back into digital stuff again aswell. Here's some speedpaintings I've done recently. C&C's are appreciated, so I know what I have to work on to improve. The top image is my latest, which I used most time at aswell (around 2-3hours I think). I'm not sure about the blueish light on the right, I think it takes to much focus.. I'll fix that If I ever up-size this one and really finish it.
    Last edited by am7; September 1st, 2007 at 05:42 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Very nice speedpaintings
    I love the first one - it's incredible

cheers

Thanks

Guild of thievies

Here's todays doodle.. I've been reading Icewind dale trilogy by RA. Salvatore, and I really like the way he describes the environment inside the guild of thieves where "Pasha pook" rules.

I notice now that I might have pushed the saturation to high in post-editing in photoshop. Oh and he's supposed to smoke, guess I forgot to add the smoke! I still have to focus more on blocking in the basic shapes and not get into details in order to speed up my painting process. This one is ~2hours.

Designboot: Thanks! I agree, the first concept have potential - guess I have to finish it someday then.
    Last edited by am7; December 29th, 2006 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks
    The first and third are really excellent-- and I'm looking forward to seeing the Icewind speedpaint finished.

Thanks
    Wow, that first one! I'd love to see any of these finished, they're all very cool.

Thanks
    Not much inspiration to draw today, which results in something completely different - meet franky. ~45min Painter IX doodle

Vishaka: Thanks! I agree, I better spend a couple more hours on the "guild of thieves" speedpainting. Refine the shapes, and add some contrast.

Amaranthe: I've heard many that like that first concept, so I guess I'll finish that for sure. I guess I prefer to just pop out ideas in speedpaints and really get into the details on thoose I choose later.
    Last edited by am7; December 30th, 2006 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks

Life drawing

9h. study

Thanks
    Last drawing is very nice I think that something is not right with the proportions of his right arm - isn't is too long?, anyway great update

Thanks
    Great work, excellent studies. Keep posting.

Thanks

More lifedrawings..

One drawing from 2min croquis session, and another 9h. longstudy.

Designboot: yeah, his arm is in fact a bit long - but it's done in order to improve the composition of the drawing.

GeeWesley: thanks! I'll promise to keep posting!

Thanks
    Some very quick sketches. *EDIT* geldslaw: thanks
    Last edited by am7; January 6th, 2007 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks

Today's doodle

Did one more doodle today, ~45min mostly Painter IX.

*EDIT* lol crazy eyes on that woman! I really need to practice drawing eyes.
    Last edited by am7; January 5th, 2007 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks
    Man those figures are lookin badass! keep em' comin.

Thanks

Just a quick sketch today

A corrupted priest of the church in fantasy style, I'll probally change his head when I paint this with colors..

Gspot: thanks, you mean the figure drawings (life drawings)? I have over 200 more figure studies that I can scan and post, lol would surely be a lot of work..
    Last edited by am7; January 5th, 2007 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks
    cool stuff here man, i really like the the 2nd and 3rd in your first post. cool compositions and in the second one i really like how the arch thing draws your attention with the blue and red popping.

franky is really cool, i'm a sucker for toons

the life drawings are great, i'd love to see more of those.. long ones and short ones, great confident hatching on the long ones, they describe the form very nicely, although i do have to say designboot was right about the arm, it does still out as a little deformed, even though it was a conscious decision for the comp.

the long female life drawing is beautiful! just a couple crits though. the foot still looks blocky, as in simplified into block block form??? and from the knee down seems darker then the rest, but that could just be from the scan of something.

the next head is really cool, i like how confident the strokes are, and that you don't need to blend it, you eye does it for you, thats really cool.

the next woman painting is very nice, the face is really cool in the same way as the last thing... i think you could have used more contrast in colours with her body and the background though, it kind of merges together even though i guess it helps you focus on the face.

the priest look like it has potential, the hand is awesome. perhaps take another look at how hes holding that book, it should probably turn clockwise a little if we were looking at it from the top, and maybe go under his armpit??? or maybe reposition his hand so that its supporting it a little better, it looks heavy, but they way hes holding it now... stops it from looking heavy.... know what i mean?

i think one thing you might like to work on over all is making sure you've got clarity with colour and light, these ones in particualr ( 1 2 ) have good bases for colour and light and you look in the right places and all but theres something that gets the viewer a little lost??? i can't quite put my finger on it but yeah...

anyway, keep going man! great stuff!
    - book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast