Sketchbook: phoric's sketchbook | Starting from Scratch | 7/7/08
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

phoric's sketchbook | Starting from Scratch | 7/7/08

Last edited by phoric; August 15th, 2008 at 06:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man thanks for stopping by my book

i say that considering you havent touched drawing in your life you have made
    a very promising start! especially with light... is there any subject matter you really want to focus on?

i hugely recommend life drawing, observation will improve dramaticaly (holy crap i cant spell!) I look forward to seeing more stuff, keep it coming and i try give you a proper crit next time.

*edit* hey man those latest ones are cool, they remind me of newspaper comic strip characters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great start man! and starting with Loomis is also good. Dude! if i could give one peace of advise to a starting artist it would be to get yourself sketchbook and draw in it whenever passable. I really think simply drawing on paper is the best way to learn the fundamentals.

Keep posting man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don-key: Thanks for the encouragement. As far as subject matter I like a lot of different things, such as vehicle and character concepts, old-style ship paintings, creatures, landscapes and mattes.. Thats pretty broad but maybe as I develop my style I will fall into something naturally.

Atlantis: Thanks, yeah I see what you mean about Loomis. I'll mix it up with some other tutorials and life drawings as well.

Renier van der West: Thanks, next time I see an art shop I'll be sure to pick up a sketchbook and some pencils. Might be easier than dragging my laptop and Wacom tablet with me back and forth to my girlfriend's place like I am now.

I should have some more stuff to post here pretty soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Liek what you have so far. Watch your line weight and everything, they look "hairy" and that can drastically detract from the presentation and overall "look" of the piece. Also: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1168576888 She has a dirty booty...maybe have a roll of toilet paper running?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Saikin
    Liek what you have so far. Watch your line weight and everything, they look "hairy" and that can drastically detract from the presentation and overall "look" of the piece.
    Thanks, ok, I'll keep that in mind.

Also: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1168576888 She has a dirty booty...maybe have a roll of toilet paper running?
    Haha.. that was an attempt at shading, but maybe she forgot to wipe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, sorry i havent been by lately

keep at it man, your doing the right thing honestly. you just gotta keep studying! the latest one, sorry i cant help much, i havent really done many
    enviroments. the female studies are a good start, keep them up, i would encourage you to use pencil and paper more for linear work, you will get a much cleaner line.

for your quick studies, try being more confident with your strokes, believe in your desicions and it will add more life and power to the line.

skulls are cool, i wanna see them developed! take your time man and make sure you have fun and draw something that you enjoy.

oh and when shading, perhaps give hatching a go?

Keep it up dude! the wheels are turning now...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man I thought it was colin farell posting in my sb lol. You got some work ahead of you, but I'm sure you know that. Remember, the basics will always be anatomy studying no matter how boring and a lot of life drawing, something I haven't done in a while.

Don't forget to throw in plenty of imaginative sketching too, cause that's more or less how you know that the studies are helping. Well, keep pushin and post your sketches!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don-key: Thanks for stopping back by man and the words of confidence. Female studies are a lot of fun.

MrBobMarley: Haha not the first time someone said that picture looks like colin farell. I do need to try more life drawing.

Not much posting lately because I bought a sketchbook and pencil and don't have a scanner yet... But hopefully I'll be able to post more this weekend.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Being someone who doodles all day in school I can't really imagine the road you will travel - though I'm sure you will go far if you keep it up, respect.

GG & GL

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dan liimatta
    Being someone who doodles all day in school I can't really imagine the road you will travel - though I'm sure you will go far if you keep it up, respect.
    Yup that what makes it so hard to get motivated to just sit down and draw, I feel like I'm starting way too late in life. Oh well just gotta work harder I guess. Thanks for stopping in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good to see real life studies, keep at 'em head studies try to use a study skeleton , mannequin, you can purchase them at art stores, They will help give more natural positions.

Ev'sSketchbook for the lazy minded but willing!
    Help an artist, leave a critique.

Asatira is offline an amateur trying to figure things out Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, not bad. You're drawing a lot of stuff from ref, as well from imagination. Keep it up.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, great SB dude, strange progress, hehe...looks like you´re a good observer, I can only say, keep drawing...

ps: just google for brushes and you´ll find loads of em.

Good luck, laterrrr...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lookin good here fellow techie!!! Not bad for someone startin from scratch!!!
    Liked the linux mouse u drew a couple of posts back! Keep postin more goodies and Mac OS X RULZZZ!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,318 Times in 906 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice environmental studies and form so far! I don't have much crit other than use loomis, then bridgman. Other than that its just repetition and hard work. You have the right idea for sure man, don't give up, I can see you got an eye for it!

'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Delicious For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.