Thread: Ahahahaha

Thanks

Ahahahaha

It appears, dear friends, that Marko's DVD is already on a private tracker, and yet, my fuc****** DVD HASN?T FUKIIIIIII***** ARRIVED YET!!!!!!1111111111111

*jumps off the window*

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    private tracker?? i may sound dumb but what do you mean?

Thanks
    p-2-p server...as in illegal.

Thanks
    I guess there's nothing a single person could do about it
    my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    I'd so pirate that if I wasn't part of the community. But as is I'd feel quilty denying Marko $40 bucks worth of booze.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    I don't see how thats funny, that sucks.

Thanks
    oo ok yea i figured it was a downloader but i wasnt sure. Yea that sucks but it happens. Maybe Mr. Manley will sue the pants off of them though

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man
    p-2-p server...as in illegal.
    For the record there's nothing illegal about file-sharing or peer-to-peer, the only problem is that many people having little access to content that is free to distribute, and instead provide what they do have access to, copyrighted material.

I wish they didn't, but for the most part it's because they don't know any better, I mean the only things that do get promoted are commercial, it's hard to look past that when you are not aware of alternatives.
    This is why I support Open Source Software, Creative Commons and public domain works.

http://creativecommons.org/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 626 Posts
lol, in this case its acctually a member of CA who have uploaded it right ?

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Lemme see if I can express myself properly here...

How about..."THIS FUCKIN' SUCKS!"...?

...I think that just about covers it...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dile_
    lol, in this case its acctually a member of CA who have uploaded it right ?
    It could have been anyone from the DVD distribution company to someone who borrowed the DVD from a buyer.

But the chance is high that it has been a member (directly, or indirectly by supplying the person).

Thanks
    Don't pirate it... the 40 bucks is comin straight back to us, you are only hurting yourself by pirating it.

Thanks
    the dvds are available on amazon i believe and they have been shipping already especialy in the US. Also anyone who went to the workshop could purchase one on the spot. So it could be anyone who knows who Marko is not just member of this comunity.

Thanks
    And ofcourse the stuff has been waterbranded right? ... right?
    Told ya on irc these people wouldn't need a lot of time to get things done.

Thanks
    And of course, no one here has ever downloaded anything via torrents before, right?
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timpaatkins
    And of course, no one here has ever downloaded anything via torrents before, right?
    i would never think of such a thing. Well mabie a few hundred times. But never again i say!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 626 Posts
  • haha.. I dont know a soul who havent downloaded anything copyrighted.. (music anyone ?)
    I just belive its shitty by someone at CA to do it(seeding it at a p2p network.). of course it happens, and I belive its damn low, cause yeah, it wasnt any big price you had to pay to get something so valuable. I can see it in the long run that it be hard for someone to pay for all the Massive black dvds.. but atm its only ONE dvd we are talking about.

~Dile

*damnit, this is my 4th post in the lounge in the range of 24 hours..to much crap and happy birthday threads *

Thanks
    Yea, I agree with the shitty fact that its someone on CA who has obviously uploaded it, knowing full well what went it to it, and how it is helping the community. In fact, it doesnt make any sense at all. Shame on whoever put it up.
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    It's someone who lack integrity that's for sure
    My Internal Organs ... my "sketchbook"
    To visit my portfolio, http://www.simonrainville.com
    my best friend

Thanks
    I/ve just never really understood the mindset of people who do this. First, they pay for the dvd. Then they go and take the time to rip and encode it and then finally put it up on a torrent. Thats a lot of work for absolutely nothing. He already has the dvd, and in fact, paid for it. Why there is this absurd amount of people who put this up illeagally for distribution is horribly confusing. I might not be above stealing for myself once in a while, but I'm certainly not gonna (in essence) steal for other people...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aesir
    I/ve just never really understood the mindset of people who do this. First, they pay for the dvd. Then they go and take the time to rip and encode it and then finally put it up on a torrent. Thats a lot of work for absolutely nothing. He already has the dvd, and in fact, paid for it. Why there is this absurd amount of people who put this up illeagally for distribution is horribly confusing. I might not be above stealing for myself once in a while, but I'm certainly not gonna (in essence) steal for other people...
    There are many reasons: Some just want to share information, some realy want to hurt the companies. And the idea that peple buy the stuff they distribute is not true for all. Most high quality stuff is the result of a leak much closer to the source than you might think.

And to all the people who are begging us to not 'steal the DVD'. Do you really think that everyone who now knows about the DVD being available will download it and not buy it? Do you have such a low opinon of the people in this community that you think everyone will jump at the cheaper option even if they know what buying the DVD is really for? No matter what you say, some probably will downoad it just because they can, some will download it because they don't have money to buy it ($50 are not the same everywhere), and some will just download it to get a preview and then to buy it if they think it's worth it.

Thanks
    If I had the DVD i'd just keep it chained to my chest, never give it away!

Thanks
    I dont think MB can profit from the DVD. From what I understand Conceptart.org is a non-profit.. All proceeds well, most of the proceeds have to go to the community by law. I guess certain laws are different in different states but, Im sure it holds true for the majority.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Why would it have to be someone from here? I would say thats more unlikely then not. Unless it were only available in the CA store.

Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by the always quotable and notable ilaekae
    Lemme see if I can express myself properly here...

How about..."THIS FUCKIN' SUCKS!"...?

...I think that just about covers it...
    Firstly: This hurts the conceptart.org community, and whoever put it up should be ashamed. I must add i'm not surprised at the actions of unscrupulous and anonymous users, but yes: it's devastatingly dissappointing, and really, that is simply the bottom line. I'll still pay my $40 once the holiday bills get taken care of. The person who is responsible for this has no respect for the great value of this wonderful site.

Secondly: extrapolating on the questionable ethics P2P / torrent is a totally seperate issue and really this isn't the place to discuss that. Again, the bottom line here being that ... it's a blatant slap in the face to our precious (non-commercial and non-free) community here. I would contend that, the more this thread pops up in the lounge, the more harmful the effects.

Thirdly: Dan_Grr ... stop whining. it'll get to you. The title of this thread pisses me off. you ARE in portugal after all?

joel
    Last edited by guggemmaneuver; December 28th, 2006 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    Thirdly: Dan_Grr ... stop whining.

I think that pretty much covers it.

• Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.