Thanks

Hi, so where do i start....

Hello fellow conceptart.orgians/ites, this is my first post and I'm looking for some help. Basically i want to know where i should start on this site. I see all these myriad of things to do from thunderdomes to critiques and I haven't really got a clue where to start.

My first taste of conceptart.org was at the San Fran workshop of all things and my lurking has been limited to just looking at the opening gallery to this site. So please tell me, where should i start posting? I'm very passionate about making it as a concept artist and really want to learn as much as possible so as to get my dumb ass hired.

BTW if you were at the workshop, you might remember me as the goofy looking guy named Alex, with a portfolio filled with too many mechs.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hello Alex .

Well, you can always start a sketchbook in the sketchbook section. Everyone does in order to measure your growth as an artist.

If you have a professional looking pic to show, put it in the Finally finished section.

If you want critiques about something, go to the critique section and post it there ( espect people to be brutally honest)

If you have a sketch that you not only plan to take further, but also would like people to be able to look at your process, then post it on the Sketch & WIP section.

If you just want to waste some time or talk about misc stuff, post in the lounge.

etc..

Have fun . Welcome! .

Thanks
    Or you could start by ordering ca.org's own rock star Marko Djurdjevic's DVD (banner at the top). You'll get your moneys worth fo' so'.

Thanks
    Don't forget to comment and crit on other people's work as well. They'll appreciate it, and will be more likely to return the favour.

I may or may not have met you in San Fran (I met a lot of people and it can be hard to remember who was who). Either way, welcome to the forum!

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    thanks a bunch!