Thanks

Christmas Reflections

During this time of year, it seems like everyone is going crazy. Everyone is trying to hit the big holiday high; trying to have "the best Christmas ever." But what happens once you hit it? You got that one thing you wanted; everybody came through and came home for the holidays. It was perfect! What then? Where do you go from there?

People tend to bottom out after the holidays, either from disappointment or because you just can't live at that type of emotional high for very long. People just don't know what to do, and all because of misplaced hopes.

So this season, let's all focus on the real meaning of Christmas. It's not about toys and games. It's not about snow, even though we love it! Family is great, but it's more than that. You could take away the trees and the lights, the tinsel and the ribbons, the presents and the good, old Christmas songs. That's all good, but it's not about any of that. It's about Knecht Ruprecht coming and eating all your children. So lock your doors, for whatever good it will do, and have merry Christmas...happy holidays...or whatever...

Excuse me while I go quaff some more egg nog...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wasn't there any chocolate-chip cookies for the donkey midget over the blue?
    No, I fear not. For the worthy, true some knights have abandoned vividly their dreams over the edges of morbid Christmas eve. Wasn't Jesus there to prepare the monkeys of the Holy? No, i swear not!

So the basic principle of life was confronted with the uncommon thoughts of things. Were they things of stuff that we eat all day, yet we do not look into the point of it? Right? Ri-rightttt... So bare me a crispy, and die! Emotionally that is. Jump into the train to the holy grounds, where you can hear a million sounds... Ugh...

There you have it folks, Christmas Reflexions. [keep'em comming]

Thanks
    We decided to leave out christmas this year and we're fine. It has become more and more depressing from year to year. Everyone was feeling forced to have a nice holiday, no one was really feeling happy or something. No Santa this year, no presents, no singing under the christmas tree. It was so nice... I've been out on christmas eve on a big party, had tons of fun and didn't have the constant feeling of malaise that has been feeling the years before. We're not a sentimental family, so christmas has been a _deep_ down for me my whole life. Try it, it's great. There's nothing really special about christmas anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    We had a tiny, humble tree this year, and a quiet day of lazy-bumness. It was perfect!
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.