Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

X-mas Presents!!!!

I got a sketchbook, a technical pencil with my name engraved, and a Bill Sienkiewicz art book. and some killer pair o' socks.
    what you all got?
    Old sketchbook: 0shade0

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Um...it's not Christmas yet. Unless you live where the time is ahead...Christmas is tomorrow o_O;

Thanks
    its not christmas yet but i know what im getting. its be this baby http://pearlpaint.com/shop_details~o...ku~1037678.htm

i cant wait. My mom said she was getting em a few other smaller gifts to but i dont know what they are.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drd
    Um...it's not Christmas yet. Unless you live where the time is ahead...Christmas is tomorrow o_O;
    yeah we have a slightly diff trad for x-mas, we open the presents on the night of 24-25

sweetoblivion: cool, I don't have one of my own yet.
    Old sketchbook: 0shade0

Thanks
    I know what I got already too a Rose Hair Tarantula and some money to buy this thing..

X-mas Presents!!!!
    joemadfan.com I run this site

nathensprings.net coming soon!

My Sketchbook updated 3/27/06

Thanks
    A cell phone is what I'm getting, and I know I shouldn't know that but I do!
    And oh, Madman I want that statue as well..

Everyone, have some Bailey's with coffee on this fine Eve of Christmas...

Thanks
    Already Christmas Morning here.
    Sketchbook, Hellboy notebook, Shock Pen, gift cards- and with the giftcards I bought me Neverwhere and Anansi boys, and a drawing board ANd tons and tons of lead. And a bunch of girly stuff I need not mention. Oh and Money for a Tablet

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    lots a gift certificates, a photo album, a fountain, a DVD of bad kung fu movies, a five pack of Star Wars PC games, and Painter 9!

Thanks
    xmas sucks so far this year for me...on top of being a poor ass. Not usually the situation...

Thanks
    um, i got a nintendo ds lite today, & tomorrow it will be a portable record player & speakers for my ipod. and of course random little things. i feel too lucky.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 674 Posts
    One of my sisters bought me this big old stainless steel palette with an aluminum knife that has a leather thong tied in a loop through a hole in its handle. I think it must be for canapes or serving cheese logs or something. It was made in India.

The other thing I thought to do with it would be to hang it by some clothesline through the fingerhole. It makes a cool gong sound. I think it would only be a matter of time before my neighbor comes out and yells "My baby's trying to sleep over here, you nimrod!"

This thing has a lot of potential.

She also got me a Target gift card that I used to buy a three step stool that I used to prune my peach tree today.

Thanks
    I got myself a bag of nachos ( a big one! .....well, not that big, but big enough...maybe)

Thanks
    In Sweden christmas is on the eve of 24th.

My brother gave me an anatomy book right out of the blue (I've never ever got anything like this from my family), so it's all good!

Thanks
    A 9"x12" intuous
    A wack of art supplies
    The griffin & Sabine trilogy
    The FOuntain graphic novel
    & some money which I'm gonna spend on books

good haul. Whoohoo!
    As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough.

Thanks
    A Wii.
    New asus laptop - 2ghz, 2gig ram, wsxga screen, 120gHd, duo core, nvidia geforce go 7600.
    Clothes.

I LOVE my family!
    that's how I roll!
    Last edited by j a k e; December 25th, 2006 at 06:36 AM.

Thanks
    x-mas sucks. like usual, i didnt get anything good

Thanks
    In Norway we open the gifts evening the 24'th
    I got:
    Acrylics painting set whit 3 canvases to paint on, 1 GB Data traveler/memory stick (or whatever it's acctually called), Big Fish (DVD), Perfume, soap and shower gel and a sweater

Thanks
    I went out and bought myself a box of Super Sculpey and sat myself down for a nice traditional Christmas eve of making a horrible little wrinkled flesh-golem beast, with the sounds of Bollywood filling my home with cheer and excessive reverb effects. I'll be having dinner today with good friends at a fancy downtown restaurant, and that's what I'm really looking forward to.

As far as stuff people gave me... I think my dear old mom is getting me a new rain jacket- she insists on giving a Big Gift every year, and I try to reserve things I really need so she can give a meaningful gift. I'm not otherwise big on getting stuff.
    We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.
    -T. S. Eliot

ArenaNet Artists' Sketch Blog

Thanks
    Remember kids, christmas/yule/etc is all about family and friendship of the human kind, be generous, but not too much. Thus far, concept art community is the best gift for me, and probably for many others. Thank you those who support CA and of course those responsible.

Thanks
    A 4 foot HEAVY ass punching bag
    14 oz gloves
    Snooker/pool cue from bro
    4 art books!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asoir
    A 4 foot HEAVY ass punching bag
    14 oz gloves
    Snooker/pool cue from bro
    4 art books!
    Niiiiiiice, boxer? I think 14 oz is a bit heavy for mixed ma gloves, lest you have some lead in there

Thanks
    An intuos 9x12. Holy crypt! It's gigantic 0.0. It's my first tablet, which is awsome.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville
    Niiiiiiice, boxer? I think 14 oz is a bit heavy for mixed ma gloves, lest you have some lead in there
    Yup, i'm getting into it, despite my parents hatred for the sport.
    I had a small bag (like, 2 foot) with very small mitts but I wanted something to be able to improve with. 14 oz is actually lighter than I imagined, but for a bag I suppose it's a bit much...
    Still gets to your knuckles though, I guess eventually with more practice it'll lower.
    Cool to see another boxer afficianado! Well, someone who has interest in it anyway

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    My yearly supply of new underwear, 3 gallons of gesso, 3 pounds of liquitex titanium white, some giant cookie trays (I do the cooking), and a black and decker rotary tool to compliment my two Dremels, and a canvas tool bag.

I'm happy as a pig in shit!
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asoir
    Cool to see another boxer afficianado! Well, someone who has interest in it anyway
    Not really, though I used to do some martial arts bag-work with a friend of mine who really knew his stuff. Happy for you man, good equipment might not make a fighter, but it's just sooooo nice

EDIT: Forgot here's my stuff: Gears of War (yay!) New 19" LCD monitor (had no idea! HUGE surprize!) The Burger King Bumper cars game to play with my gamer uncle , some minor art stuff, some movies and other odds and ends

Thanks
    Haha, yeah man having something to punch in the garage is always a nice feeling. Nice stuff! Gah I need an xbox

Thanks
    I got this really cool book full of commercial illustrations. Illusive: Contemporary Illustration and Its Context.

Really goddamn inspiring, and I just discovered a lots of artists that really rock. Aaron Baggio's stuff especially impressed me.

Plus some pens, and a beard trimmer I needed.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    I got a fairly inexpensive but still very nice-sounding acoustic guitar. I'm lovin it already. It was cool how my mom kept it a surprise until the very end; the guitar comes in a very large box that's pretty much unmistakable, so she didn't put it out under the tree until right before bed on Christmas Eve, so I wouldn't know weeks ahead of time that I was for sure getting a guitar.
    I also got a roll-up piano, a portable DVD player, a carrying case for my Intuos3 9x12, and a very nice 23"x31" portfolio.
    Plus, cheesy as it sounds, I got some nice warm and fuzzy "just glad to be here with people I love" feelings.

Thanks
    I got some oils and a canvas, with pencils and stuff. The Frazetta DVD and a Frazetta book as well, and some money and movies. And comics!

Thanks
    I got perfume, some smelly suff of my grandmother i will never use coz it smells like wet dogs, some artists pencils, cloths which i love, bright coloured make up for a punk look, some red hair dye coz people say i should be a fiery red head, some horror dvds to scare my sisters with, some jewarlly that goes with none of my cloths, a lady shaver thing, a scrafe to choak myself with, £55 which will be well spent during my shopping trip on wendesday, but i didnt get my two front teeth back that some twat eblowed out of my mouth on christmas eve which i'm annoyed about i cant eat all the thorntons chocolates! or drink the booze i bought coz it hurts too much but yea its been good, i havent even been out to celebrate my birthday yet with sucks but shopping trip to spoil myself will sort that considering my friend is donating his wallet for missing my last 3 birthdays! see ya all soon
    SHINEY ITS SHINEY!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast