Archangel Michael
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Archangel Michael

Did this one a few days ago for a present to a coworker for christmas. Pencil sketch then scanned in photoshop. Background clouds is a modified photo. Desaturated and color change. Left some of the sketch lines to help look like an old photo.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool man. i like the collage idea as well... a few crits though:

the angle of his right (our left) hand seems awkward, like he's rotating his hand at the wrist in an unnatural sort of way. the wings and overall gesture of the body don't evoke flight but rather a stationary pose... check out some bird refs for wings in flight and create a more dynamic pose for his body. the hair would also be reacting in the opposite direction to which he is traveling. it also seems like you attempting lighting and shadows in some areas but decided to neglect light entirely in others. i'd suggest establishing your light source then applying it to all applicable areas... not just on the robe and muscle where convenient. that said, the musculature of your pectoral region seems disproportionately small compared to his bicep and the size of his torso. the eyes are a little high on the head and the ears a little low.

good start though, keep working at it.

ambition makes you look pretty ugly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments. I see what you mean with the right hand. As for the flight... I meant for him to be pretty much just hovering, basking in the glow of (insert your God of choice here) with the hair and robes whipping about in the wind. One of the key things I know I need to work on is my lighting and tone. (some of the lack of value in the lower portion is due to the fact that I ran out of lead and had to finish it up to give to my coworker.) Also, still working on anatomy. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.