Sketchbook: The Danzfloor

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: The Danzfloor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Danzfloor

Hi there! I must confess to being quite the lurker, and a bit anti-social, but looking through all of the sketchbook threads here really helped me decide to make my own sketchbook! I keep several in real life and people thumb through them all the time, so I guess this can be an extention of what I do anyways, eh? Hahaha, I don't think I can really try and outline what will go in here, erm... basically, what comes to me?
    Of course some friendly tips or pointers when you can give them would be fantastic, the fresh meat of this world need your generous insights! Also, one last thing, I have a tablet, but the thing is sitting disused- something about a faulty adaptor. I've never used it, I use pens and papers, and filthy jars that are stained from too much paint (don't forget the recycled canvas), things like that (and class time!)
    Anyways, hullo, this is my sketchbook!

... I guess we can get the show rolling with some older things. It's Christmas Holiday here, though, so I may get some fresh stuff up!

The Danzfloor
    Voodoo started out as a vicious murderer by Blizzard and ended up as a glam rocker from the eighties? I swear, I didn't mean it.

The Danzfloor
    Fourty five minutes at midnight. I'm a really clean person, and it was too easy to draw the place when it was clean, so I made it dirty.

The Danzfloor
    I want to do somehting with this sketch, it's still rough and is begging to be used.

I guess that's all for now! Thanks for taking a peek!

There's no religion but sex and music, no prayer but sound and dancing, no laws but the one I'm saying.

The Danzfloor: His Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85357
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post two, Christmas Day

Hello all!
    Merry Christmas!

I got a lovely digital camera for the holiday (and lots more great stuff) so now I can update my sketchbook all the time! I think today may be a double-post day (I won't make a habit of it) because it's still kind of early and I'm going to take an artsy day.
    Soooooo... here are some more random pictures, I've included some perspective environments and a fuzee animal... blah blah blah.

The Danzfloor
    This is the rough draft of a mural I'm painting for a contest open to high school students. We're gonna kick some ass.
    The Danzfloor
    A concept that never got off the ground... you can see a few more brainstorm thumbs up in the right corner.
    The Danzfloor
    An attic library.
    The Danzfloor
    Boredom in class.
    The Danzfloor
    Self-portrait.

I'll be back! Have a great Christmas!

There's no religion but sex and music, no prayer but sound and dancing, no laws but the one I'm saying.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post two, Christmas Day

I'm back.
    I spent about an hour and had a friend sit for me. I got a pageful of poses and then afterwards I spent 15 drawing my new camera...

The Danzfloor
    (there's an elf man in there too... my friend isn't that exotic.
    The Danzfloor

Hm.
    I guess before I go, more about the Danzfloor Rebel.
    I'm fifteen and a sophomore in high school.
    I'm a self taught artist who will keep self-teaching until the day I die.
    I love critiques and pointers, don't we all?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the mural, I think it's my favorite thing so far. Also the one with the fish looks like it could become something really cool. I think the most major thing to work on would be your anatomy, because you've got some good environments going on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaranthe
    I really like the mural, I think it's my favorite thing so far. Also the one with the fish looks like it could become something really cool. I think the most major thing to work on would be your anatomy, because you've got some good environments going on.
    Thanks!
    I was looking at older anatomy things I have done and I am going to start working much harder at those.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does anyone else here do their best thinking in the shower? Maybe so. I hope so anyways, otherwise you may think I'm a bit odd. Anyways, I had a great idea in the shower and it was that idea down there... like on A.I.
    Anyways, I think I'm going to try working on more hands and arms, just anatomy in general. Must... have... more... effort!
    The first one is a doodle I used to fill the time after a chemisty exam.
    Most. Boring. Subject. EVER.

Anyways, have a happy New Years, I'm going to go choke down some food now.

The Danzfloor

The Danzfloor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like your work, especially the last one there. lol i noticed your camera is a nikon, thats the one i have with the lens that wont go back in lol, its a coolpix3100, great camera besides that, darn lens! lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That last one has enormous potential. It reminds me of the open mouthed highway from the movie "Artificial Intelligence." As for the rest, there are anatomical issues and other forms of environmental error - but for being self taught, it's constellation funk. You should check out Philip Straub, hipper, and other artists of their profession.

Thanks for entering the EOW contest.

Keep doing you

Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

4 February 2007

Oh boy, it's been nearly a month since I was last here, that's a really long time. After holiday ended life was a whirlwind of excitement, let me tell you. I guess first maybe a "very early morning to you" is in order, and second I do have new things to post.
    [IMG]The Danzfloor[/IMG]
    [her eyebrows were fixed after I took the picture, I'm just very lazy...]
    A pretty straitforward portrait.
    [IMG]The Danzfloor[/IMG]
    This is Part One of several papers that will all be put together to make a final piece. This is the first layer, and I remember when I was little watching films from Disney. To make movement and depth, the animator would paint a picture on a piece of glass and layer the glass. Similarly, I'm going to make papers, and then make cuts in the papers... it gives such a great illusion of depth. it's long and tedious, but I'm very proud of this. I can't wait to start colouring and making more layers. I hope I can finish on deadline...
    [IMG]The Danzfloor[/IMG]
    This is a detail of the above picture, all of this is going to be coloured in.

That's all for now. Have a great morning.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar`
    That last one has enormous potential. It reminds me of the open mouthed highway from the movie "Artificial Intelligence." As for the rest, there are anatomical issues and other forms of environmental error - but for being self taught, it's constellation funk. You should check out Philip Straub, hipper, and other artists of their profession.

Thanks for entering the EOW contest.

Keep doing you
    I feel really bad for not contacting you and letting you know I couldn't participate, but at the time CaO was the last thing on my mind. I'm sure you don't want a million excuses, so the next time an EoW rolls around, I'll make sure I can participate or not sign up at all.
    That said, thanks for coming by! I definitely have anatomy issues, and only with more practice will they get better. Also, thanks for the suggestions, I'll be sure to check them out!
    Also, I had a question concerning EoW... is it only for digital artists? I thought about it before I went to make anything and then realised I didn't know.
    Have a great morning!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownmetal
    i like your work, especially the last one there. lol i noticed your camera is a nikon, thats the one i have with the lens that wont go back in lol, its a coolpix3100, great camera besides that, darn lens! lol.
    thanks!
    I'm sorry your camera is broken, I love my camera! It's a spiffy little camera.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Work Day!

Heya!
    I had a work day today, it was good. I did a whole piece, which I'm still only sort-of happy with. The horns are too big. Otherwise, I'm fairly satisfied. This is le Shaman, and he's pretty different from what I've made in the past. I think I'm seeing some progress with anatomy. But I'm not sure. More practise and I won't have to wonder.

The Danzfloor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

9 March 2007

Hello all.
    I am quite the sketchbook flake. So I come with an update, a single work because that's all I've finished.
    Peace on Earth, the War is Over
    19.5x25.5
    3 March 2007
    Ink and Prismacolour

The Danzfloor

That is all! Have a wonderful night.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your work is amazing, especially the last post. i like how you incorporate really creative boarders in your sketches. theres only one thing i see that i think could be better with some more work. theres those maple(?) leaves that you colored in your boarder. i think you were trying to make them look autumnish but the colors seem more two toned than faded into eachother. fix that and you have an amazing piece.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownmetal View Post
    your work is amazing, especially the last post. i like how you incorporate really creative boarders in your sketches. theres only one thing i see that i think could be better with some more work. theres those maple(?) leaves that you colored in your boarder. i think you were trying to make them look autumnish but the colors seem more two toned than faded into eachother. fix that and you have an amazing piece.
    thank you so much!
    I never noticed that until you had pointed it out, and now that you have, I do think it needs fixing. Thanks for stopping by and critiquing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if those are colored pencils then im not positive but theres a technique you can use to blend colors by using rubbing alcohol and a q-tip, i would give it a test try first though since im not sure. but if thats the right technique then it will blend the colors magnificently.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have an interesting design quality to your work.. and alot of patience.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.