Thanks

last nights "birthday experience".... fuck the LAPD.

i got arrested last night.
    sort of....
    i was driving home from a friends place and got pulled over. of course they turned their lights onto my mirrors, so i just waited for the officer to come to my window. when he did, i turn to my left to talk to him and there was a gun in my face.
    they handcuffed me and put me in the back of the squad car for about 20minutes while they ran my info and searched my car.
    apparently someone called in that "theres a hispanic male with a black ski mask driving a stolen car north down blah blah blah street"
    of course i WASN'T wearing a ski mask, i was wearing my beanie, and i have to have my drivers side window rolled down so i can stick my head out the window to see! my blind spot is HUGE because the drivers side back window is busted and covered with plastic, so with the window down its fucking cold, so i wear my beanie....
    oh well. maybe i cut someone off and they called the police on me out of spite.
    who knows.
    either way, i spent 20minutes handcuffed arguing with police last night.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! YAY!!
    O_o
    Last edited by TheDirtSyndicate; December 21st, 2006 at 02:49 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Just to piss 'em off after they let you go you should have yelled "I didn't jump the fence for THIS!"

Seriously though, that sucks big time

Thanks
    dude, you always start threads in the lounge about some shitty thing that happened to you and you want everyone to feel sorry for you. Did you do that one thread a while back about how your friend was in the closet about his sexuality or something?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainInsano
    dude, you always start threads in the lounge about some shitty thing that happened to you and you want everyone to feel sorry for you. Did you do that one thread a while back about how your friend was in the closet about his sexuality or something?

ok, first off CaptainRetard-o, i told the story becuase ITS FUCKING FUNNY. not because i wanted anyone to feel sorry for me.

and my friend and his sexuality??
    i have no idea what you're talking about...
    on the bright side, that jpg is funny as fuck. hahah
    im stealing it.

Thanks
    hmm well either way that does blow.. cops can be major douche bags at times.. then again, they didnt know you werent the thief so they were being [overly] cautious.

sorry about a crappy birthday but its a cool story to tell.. - JAG

PS. the care-o-meter on my car stopped working. i need to get it fixed
    it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    stupid cops...
    always trying to keep people safe.
    - Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 626 Posts
Quote Originally Posted by DSillustration
stupid cops...
always trying to keep people safe.
uhm, was thinking the same..
They are doing their jobs man!

The gun-in-your-face-part is pretty stupid though.

Thanks
    hehe, i know.
    everyone at work is accusing me of stealing shit now, "hey did you take my stapler? THIEF!!! CALL THE POLICE!!!"
    haha

Thanks
    I think it's wrong when the cops do shit like that (the gun in the face thing). However, I also can see from their point of view because they never know when someone is going to whip out a gun and shoot them. Unfortunately if you fit the profile of a suspect you may suffer from mis-identification. The best thing to do in a situation like that is to be cooperative and calm. Any arguing or hostility will only aggravate the situation. Remember, their adrenaline is pumping and they're looking for you to make the move.

Thanks
    The cop had absolutely no reason to have his firearm pulled on you. His ladder of force doesn't even have the fire arm brought into the picture until he's yelled at you, physically apprehended you and subdued you with hand cuffs, used OC Spray, a Baton, and then he can pull the firearm if there is probably cause to believe that you have 3 pre-conditions met
    1. Opportunity 2. Capability 3. Intent. You did not have a weapon nor did you display the intent to perform serious bodily harm. I'd have that guy brought up on charges. It's assholes like that end up killing someone and getting kicked off the force with no further repercussions. I would file a formal complaint to the police precinct that patrol officer is from.

Thanks
    I briefly dated this girl who wanted to TP some guy's house because he annoyed her in drama class..... all sorts of red lights, right? Well, I went anyway because she needed a ride. It was in a pretty rich neighborhood where cops have nothing better to do, but one pulled up in the middle of our 'job'. We hid in the shrubs while he surveyed the scene with his flashlight. Evenetually he shone it on our bush, and after a few seconds we heard him pull his gun out and told us to get up slowly with our hands up. It's a pretty scary feeling, having a nervous shaking cop that you know had his own house TPed numerous times in high school because he was the type of guy to get picked on, experiencing the highlight of his career pointing a gun at you. But then I did a triple somersault twenty feet in the air, landed behind him with my stun gun at the ready and ..... no, just kidding. He let us go after he made us clean up the mess. Then I broke up with the girl later that week because it just wasn't exciting enough.

Thanks
    i got 2 sobriety tests in one night the other night. I PASSEDDD

Thanks
    hey Undertow.. dont mean to be an ass but you're completely wrong. a cop has MANY opportunities to draw his gun, and to use it if he deems necessary. the most obvious reason is if there is immediate danger to himself or any other person by a perp with a weapon. but, aside from that.. a cop may draw their gun for many possible reasons BUT those reasons must be established and made clear... not to YOU but to dispatch.

he gets a call saying someones stolen a vehicle and is wearing a mask.. without a doubt you know this guy is bad if hes trying to conceal his identity. then seeing a similar vehicle with the window smashed, it can be assumed that he used some sort of tool/weapon to do that. he pulls you over, calls in with 'stopping possible suspect. suspect may be armed' then gets out and puts his gun in your face.

you dont know wtf is going on but he does... cops cannot just pull their weapon for shits and giggles, they must have a reason and must report that reason. then its up to the cop whether or not to use the weapon. but it can be drawn, simply for precaution.

and yes i have evidence to support this - JAG
    Last edited by Undertow; December 21st, 2006 at 11:36 PM.
    it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    I would never want a cop pointing a gun at me. This is why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+suspect&hl=en

Accidents happen... But, yeah i dont blame the cops for doing their job and being protective, especially in LA.
    Last edited by 2b BOY; December 21st, 2006 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG.
    hey Undertow.. dont mean to be an ass but you're completely wrong. a cop has MANY opportunities to draw his gun, and to use it if he deems necessary. the most obvious reason is if there is immediate danger to himself or any other person by a perp with a weapon. but, aside from that.. a cop may draw their gun for many possible reasons BUT those reasons must be established and made clear... not to YOU but to dispatch.

he gets a call saying someones stolen a vehicle and is wearing a mask.. without a doubt you know this guy is bad if hes trying to conceal his identity. then seeing a similar vehicle with the window smashed, it can be assumed that he used some sort of tool/weapon to do that. he pulls you over, calls in with 'stopping possible suspect. suspect may be armed' then gets out and puts his gun in your face.

you dont know wtf is going on but he does... cops cannot just pull their weapon for shits and giggles, they must have a reason and must report that reason. then its up to the cop whether or not to use the weapon. but it can be drawn, simply for precaution.

and yes i have evidence to support this - JAG
    I've been working with military law enforcement for 3 years and have friends in the WA state patrol and local PD's so everything I'm basing my comment on was no $#!t personal experience as 'The Man' so I do know what I'm talking about.

2d Boy: That's what happens when someone doesn't practice proper weapon control. A Glock has a trigger safety as opposed to a military issue M-9 which has more than a single safety. The cop doing the classroom discussion is an idiot. When he chambered a round the first thought that came to mind was "Oh my god this idiot has no clue what he's about to do."
    Last edited by Undertow; December 22nd, 2006 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks
    if a cop would do such a stunt here they would be so media-gunned and blow out of proportions that they would lose their license and get a huge fine. Yup, cops don't have any authority here, you should be blessed.

Thanks
    karma complete, karma...

Thanks
    Living in a small city in northern Queensland, Australia, I thought I'd never see this sort of thing happen. Turns out I was wrong. A friend of mine was driving his dad's SUV to McDonalds with his flatmates for food, and they all had cap guns for some reason, I forget why. Now I don't mean the black-could-be-mistaken-for-a-real-gun-30-ft-away type cap guns, I mean the bright-silver-with-orange-tip-obviously-a-toy kind. Anyway, after they got their food they went home. When they got to thier house there was 3 cop cars and a whole squad of police waiting for them, guns drawn. They pulled them outta the car and arrested the lot of them, even pistol whipping one poor dude cuz he forgot to tell the cop he had one of the cap guns in his pants. Apparently someone at McDonalds had phoned the cops telling them there were 4 guys driving around waving guns at people. They were let go several hours later, but got charged with something lame, like disturbing the peace.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Heh, Happy Birthday.

Thanks
    The most interesting thing about this thread is that stoph isn't the OP.

Curious.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren