Art: Male Pinup Calendar Finals (warning! Explicit Nudity!) TEMPORARY RESULTS ON PAGE 4!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Male Pinup Calendar Finals (warning! Explicit Nudity!) TEMPORARY RESULTS ON PAGE 4!

Okay, folks... this is it!

After 8 weeks (and 2 deadline extentions) we guys finally managed to pull it off.

30 of the 40+ participants turned in their final contributions to the (digital) male pinup calendar, showing the world their definition of "sexy men".

Now its up to the (female) jury to pick the 12 top contributions that will make it into the calendar. As with the girls calendar, the pics will be posted without names. I will post the names related to the numbers when the judging is done.

The finalists were:

Ilaekae
    Carnifex
    Virusartist
    Fedezz
    noiion
    hurricane
    Arne S.
    Chuck,mate.
    GunTrouver
    medieve
    v0rbiss
    ostrander
    Frumious Me
    dCepT
    Jove
    Tetsuo
    yAdam
    JLAlfaro
    voraz
    Onir
    xenos
    Beelow
    t i m o t h y
    joelhinxman
    purb36
    flip
    Njord-E55
    0kelvin
    FlipMcgee
    masque

the judges are:

chaosrocks
    Noë
    Qitsune
    entdroid
    Julianna
    Mirana
    *Kim-L*
    zeeble
    Iconophobian (havent been able to reach you per pm. what happened?)
    Poison_art
    Seedling
    Steph Laberis

So now, without further ado, I present you what will be further known as:

Male Pinup Calendar Finals (warning! Explicit Nudity!) TEMPORARY RESULTS ON PAGE 4!

#01 (Flip)
    Male Pinup Calendar Finals (warning! Explicit Nudity!) TEMPORARY RESULTS ON PAGE 4!

#02 (Medieve)

#03 (Joelhinxman)

#04 (Xenos)

#05 (Flipmcgee)

#06 (Beelow)

#07 (Carnifex)

#08 (Virusartist)

#09 (Guntrouver)

#10 (T I M O T H Y)

#11 (Njord-E55)

#12 (Onir)

#13 (0kelvin)

#14 (Frumious Me)

#15 (Jove)

Last edited by VirusArtist; January 19th, 2007 at 04:06 PM.

"How do you know you're good enough?" "You know." "What if you're wrong?" "You find out."

*** Help a CA artist! Visit the Critique Center! ***

MY HOMEPAGE
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more pics:

#16 (Fedezz)

#17 (Arne S)

#18 (Hurricane)

#19 (JLAfaro)

#20 (Masque)

#21 (Chuck, Mate)

#22 (Purb 36)

#23 (Yadam)

#24 (Noiion)

#25 (Ilaekae)

#26 (Tetsuo)

#27 (Ostrander)

#28 (Voraz)

#29 (Dcept)

#30 (V0rbiss)

Last edited by VirusArtist; January 17th, 2007 at 06:11 AM.

"How do you know you're good enough?" "You know." "What if you're wrong?" "You find out."

MY HOMEPAGE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    adding to that some extra artwork goodness. two of these are alternative versions of the pics you see above... the third is a WIP made by Poshspice I just HAD to post

cheers,
    Etienne

alternative 01 (JLAfaro)

alternative 02 (Xenos)

alternative 03 (Poshspice)

Last edited by VirusArtist; January 17th, 2007 at 06:13 AM.

MY HOMEPAGE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great outcome
    congratz to al the painters

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You, guys, really rocked earth under my feet... I didn't expect this... I looked like this . I just know I don't know men at all. I like all of them, you had a lot of fun preparing us for surprise. It sure feels like shock to me. Many very beautiful pieces, a lot of irony and jokes in some images. Testostoro cigarettes, LOLOLOLOL, don't smoke near ovulating women. OMG.
    Glen, nice girls are just pathetic 3 millions with some? You are nasty .
    Guys, you need to put some numbers on images, if you want to hear some crits to your piece.

Last edited by sve; December 20th, 2006 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My personal choice for the most attractive males ( just my preferences of the character, not preferences of the picture) is the guy with an apple ( the lifework only image), probably the most attractive to me, the two guys in a shower room, one of them looking like a dancer Michael Baryshnikov and the other one with a green face, Chuck mate image , yeah , you are very recognizable, the guy dressing for football game with red socks, guy with little dog, I like him, ninja guy, the one who wants to kill them, I like him, , there is something attractive in him, both guys with guns, both attractive,; guy with arabesques, the wild one... probably more, I need to look again.
    Image with a man playing flute is lovely too. Nice romantic feeling.

Ohhhh, Sin with us is very, very attractive too ... Ahahahahaha.

You are crazy people!

I like the first image too, don't know why, but it looks sure like very manly thing to do .
    And I like lamb horns on muscular looking guy, with brush strokes of hurricane.
    Guy in forest is very nicely painted.

Last edited by sve; December 20th, 2006 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    um....hehe...ok...theres some interesting entries here...verrrrrry interesting....a few of you guys have a weird idea about 'male-pinups'..... sorry fellas, but a few of them seem to have lost the plot if it's to get the female hormones going; unless they are meant to attract those batting for the same team.....(sorry to be harsh)

I like the Santa pic; the horned denom pic-no.4; the full-one genital pic-bold, daring hehe; the 2 pics of a guy with a machine gun and Poshspices WIP....

Mollyx

Last edited by Molly; December 20th, 2006 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ARGH forgot to number them.. thanx for the tip sve.. fixed it...

MY HOMEPAGE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

great job everyone

IMPRESSIVE SHOWING!

ftw VirusArtist--> good job organizing and doing this calendar project!

g

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so I don't get to include that last three? /... DAmn!
    choas

good work guys I will peruse more a farthur in a bit
    c

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, we men just rock!!!pld:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm surprised to find not a single anime-style bishonen boy. I guess the anti-ninja comes closest, but I expected this contest to be full of them.

Nathan's Journal

http://sabrepunk.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,198 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh it was difficult to repress my urges to draw bulging muscles and enormous veins
    there are some great entries in there (for example #20,21,27), but i dont know what some of you were smoking, when you decided to paint your entries (esp. #5) o.O

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work overall guys!!!
    Some of these are pretty weird, I must say... a lot more messed up sexualities than I expected

Many of the entries look a bit rushed or unfinished which is a bit of a downer. #9 for example, it's a very cool image, but it looks so not done, specially that rushed weird hand really brings the piece down for me.
    #5, that looks a bit too gray-ish... if it's self reffed, you better go see a doctor
    #23 I really like the fact that you went for a different kind of man than most. He's not really MY type, but it's a great pic anyway.

I love Poshspice's WIP, I wish you had finished it, that's one sexy guy

My top favorites are #4, #8, #16 and #21, which are the ones that IMO better capture the combination between a well done image and an appealing male character

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    After seeing all of these in one place...I am...soOOOOOOOOOoooo NOT sharing a dorm room with some of you...

Good showing, guys...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great work guys, nice to see the diversity in our approaches. personal faves of mine are #25, 21, 16, and 13; #14 caught me off guard though lol. great work to all of ya!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    soooo gayyyyy... my god.
    i cant even look at them because IM AT WORK.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! I love them. This is great stuff guys. I'm impressed haha... but how come so few entries? There are alot more guys here than girls... you're underrepresenting yourselves! Love the great takes on the pin-up idea. Some are so silly ehehe.

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry guys for totally neglecting to participate. Life threw me around for a bit and I forgot all about this. Haha you guys definitely surprised me with some of these. Good work bro's keep on rock'n

My Sketchbook
    ^keep me going by visiting my sketchbook^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK, numbers are here now...
    The most attractive male for me is the gentleman fully dressed , risking his head under an apple tree. Mostly for the pondering mood in the picture, his hawk like nose, his face, little detail (his knee). And overall the landscape reminds me paintings of Gainsborough's English landscapes, and the same mood, calm and personal. Romantic kind of guy, free spirit, how can I not love guy like this? .
    The second most attractive 25, all men are very attractive, torsos of the guys in BG are beautiful. The poses, the faces, gestures and stylized shadows. I think the artist know us women pretty well, what we would like to see. Very attractive colors and composition and overall Boys locker room. interesting to know what's going on there .

I like" Sin with me", I think it is very witty and execution is wonderful and yes, it is attractive.

I like 16 for careless attitude and overall it is very nicely done image, 18 for lovely scene and gentle seduction, 17 again, very good using of symbols to create certain mood, bold, energetic and yes, pretty manly.
    23 is very beautiful manner to paint and mood is wonderful in this one, quiet and appealing to me. BTW, women love this kind of man, they feel safe and loved and able to be weak and feminine. This kind of man can make woman really happy, not some self- adoring narcissist. Women want gentleness and calm reassurance, stability from men, not muscles or good looks, in my opinion.
    27, it is wonderful execution and it is funny... Poor Santa, he just wants to deliver toys in time for children,he is supposed to be asexual . But the artist decided to use him as a sex symbol, and Santa did his best to represent .

28, color choice and composition is very interesting, and the guy is sexy. I wish it was a little bit more flexibility in lines and figure. Reminds me Schiele's drawings.

4 has a very pleasant face and I like how roundish the line of his head. I like the horns too.
    He is attractive, Hurri . really like his head and his face, composition could have been a bit more interesting and somehow his body feels too tense...

15 good motion in the picture, from an imagination? very truthful, he is about to roll...

1 I like the pose and careless attitude.

15 torso is beautiful, Pat, and I like that you wanted him romantic.

Last edited by sve; December 20th, 2006 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, i sent the santa one out to everyone at work.
    hahahaha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Question: Did these also have to go through a "raunch-free" filter that the girls' pin-ups had to? If so can we see the ones that didn't make it?

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We depended soley on self-restraint...and you can see how well THAT worked...

Can WE see the ones that didn't make it through the raunch meter?

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, no one drew necrophilia and love with animals. . You self restrained wonderfully, boys . I'm proud of you . ahahahahahah.

Last edited by sve; December 20th, 2006 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahhhh...it must be nice to have such faith in your fellow man...or is it low expectations? I'm not sure...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm so happy!! This truly makes me laugh, in that good way!
    By far the sexiest of them is Santa! There's something hawt about a fat man in a silk g string in the cover of a saturday pr0n!! lol Awesome!

I'm just happy to see the different perspectives you all have on what is sexy to women...now I can't say they have all hit me in particular, but that's the beauty of a pinup! It''s a little for everyone! ;p It will be interestingly tough to judge these...>.> I don't feel worthy!!

ˇQue Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i REALLY hope #5 isn't a self portrait, and if it is, PLEASE dont reveal who done it.
    my EYES!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    Ahhhh...it must be nice to have such faith in your fellow man...or is it low expectations? I'm not sure...
    hehehe, no, I was really shocked, my first impression is recorded. I'm better now though...
    Maybe it is your low expectations, eh? wink, wink, wink

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow the penis on this one just 'pops' off the page page, dontcha think? really nice depiction of form on this one, props to whoever did this one

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1