Art: Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Painting # 6 & 7 and Drawing # 2 & 3 (9/20/02)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Journey of an Absolute Rookie: Painting # 6 & 7 and Drawing # 2 & 3 (9/20/02)

Hi Everyone,
    Hey I tried to use colors last night Gekitsu...the first cube I tried to use yours as a loose reference...to see if I could duplicate the same type of style...the second cube I wanted to be more of a pink plastic or something.
    Killing.people - I didn't get to read all the pages on that perspective website...that was great info though...even the little things that I read helped me understand perspective greatly...I am definitely going to go back and read it all tonight...that is a great help.

The first drawing is of a candle on the edge of my bathroom sink...I drew it while sitting on the toilet (not going to the bathroom hehe)...the second is of a wooden spoon that I set down on a pile of printer paper so I could see the shadows...tell me what you guys think...I had to sketch the spoon twice cause the first one was awful...the candle is lopsided too ...oh well hehe.

Real quick question...I know I am using a mouse and all but I can't seem to make my cubes have straight lines...I have real problems with that as you can see...reading that perspective website helped some but I am still having problems...any suggestions?

***Below is for everyone who hasn't seen my previous posts***
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Hi Everyone,
    If you didn't see my last post(s) on www.conceptart.org then I will bring you up to speed. Basically I have been inspired by the art produced and the work ethic of Jon Foster, Andrew Jones, Jason Manley, and my brother "Smeagol71" (among many others) and have decided to learn how to paint (primarily digitally). I am starting from rock bottom and I am going to paint at least one painting and do at least one sketch every day...probably two on the weekends. The order you see them in is the order that I am painting and/or sketching them...every day starting on 9/15/02. I am bearing my soul to everyone. I will post everything I do...whether it is awful or not. Most of the paintings and sketches, in the beginning, are going to look like crap but hopefully over the days/weeks/months/years they will start to get better. I have no formal art training but have signed up for classes this semester. I have a passion to paint and welcome any encouragement or critique that you want to give. Any feedback you want to give me you can leave in the threads I or just email me.
    Thanks.

Last edited by MindCandyMan; September 20th, 2002 at 02:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Single Thread

Hey Everyone,

jrr brought up a good point to me that I should post one main thread and then make entries in that thread...to set it up kind of like how andrew jones has his daily self portraits...anyone know how to do that?...cause putting it all in one post would make it...over time...like 100's or thousands of reply's right? Thanks,

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.