Thread: Eragon

Thanks

Post Eragon

I am trying to find the words to describe it...

"Thin", I think that is the best word because it isn't "ZOMG the worst film evar!" Films now in this genre are up against monsterous expectations via LOTR and it is fair enough to compare but as a whole, and the ages 6-11 demogaphic will probably agree, it is a typical film about a farmboy and his dragon.

Outside of the blatant, and I mean blatant starwars parallels the saving grace of the film is Jeremy Irons, he really does put himself into his character. There are of course massive story and visual based pitfalls in this film (one being the solo Sephira flight from little dragon pup to adolescence in a single flight - but hey, it is magic.) again though it is a film that the kids were talking and screaming about from the moment the lights came on to the parkinglot, so one could consider that a success.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    all I know is that the book is fantastic.

I figured this film would fall flat, there's no way they'd take the chance to flesh it out as well as it should have been.

Thanks
    I don't know anything about the books, but the movie looks generic as hell.

Thanks
    The movie was very bad.

what the hell was with that dude whos makeup/costume completely changed at one point in the film with no explanation?

seriously...worst film ive seen in a long time

Thanks
    the books, while yes, have many star wars and LOTR similarities, are great reads. the movie was fucking awful tho...

sad..

they didnt even have dwarves or elves in the movie!! the characters in the books that are, were just stupid lookin humans in the movie...bah

pld:
    -------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    I debated buying the book or seeing the movie. Looks like i made the wrong choice since the movie is really quite "thin". It feels like a forgien film. The screenplay is very awkward.

Thanks
    The dragon was beautifully animated, I thought she looked fantastic. Interesting wing design too.

Film, however...well, it was thin, yeah.
    Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

Thanks
    Looks like the exact same dragon model from the equally lame Dragonheart series.

Thanks
    Best thing in the movie: Baby Dragon, which is possibly the cutest thing on the big screen in a while.

sadly the film was a very generic example of the poor abused fantasy genre, but being a fan of 'bad fantasy movies' I did laugh and snigger enough to enjoy myself through some of the painful eye-rolling moments.

my favorite bad part? Jeremy Irons suddenly appearing out of no where when the main character was rescuing his love interest. I swear he must have had a teleportation scroll hidden with him XD

Thanks
    someone told me that this movie was written by an 11 year old. If thats true than im pretty inpressed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts

Thanks
    I think it was a 35old WoW player.No bad felings.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blahm
    someone told me that this movie was written by an 11 year old. If thats true than im pretty inpressed.
    The book was written by a fifteen year old. The movie was written by adults who should know better.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    19! He was 19! He started writing the book when he was 14 or 15, finished it and got it published when he was 19.

I loved the books, but I absolutely refuse to see the movie, they made her egg big..I saw it on a trailer..I already know its just hollywoodified, and not true to the book, plus I hear they have some bits of the second book in there.
    Thats a big no-no in my book...hrm?

Thanks
    Yea Elwell right we cant blame the kid.

Thanks
    I personally thought the book was awkward. He tried too hard and didn't want ANY loose ends. It was written by a teenager and it felt like it. It also didn't hurt that his parents were publishers. However, I am a sucker for dragons and fantasy and I do like his storyline. I though it was funny how in his second book he had one of his characters say "Barges? We don't want no stinking barges!" ...hehe

...But the MOVIE, on the otherhand, was awful, thin, overdone in the cheesy category and lacking everywhere else (except for Jeremy Irons and the special effects).

Thanks
    Oh Damn I should had read that topic before wasting eight bucks last night. I guess the only good part about this movie is the budget. I'm sorry for the writter... anybody watching this movie will want to stay as far as possible from the book even if it is better...